Thanks baba for the pics New Roll cage!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by .one lane
Lifeplaza which scca class did you compete in? Different competition requires different things. I've noticed it in rally cars when I compared it to a honda challenge cage (nasa). I was taking about actual use in competition. The things you listed like redline are HPDE days. All you have to do is show up with your car and an SA rated helmet. [off topic] do you guys remember that white sti that wrecked at streets of willow?[/off topic]
I'm a mechanic currently.

I've been involved in Forumal D which is sactioned by SCCA, currently involved with my company's private team for World Challenge.

If SCCA will apporve a chromolly bolt-in roll cage that was in a super taiku car. I guess anything is possible for world challenge.

Competition roll cages are a different story compared to normal joes who take their car to the track for fun.

Do you drive your car in actual competition? and how many people on Nasioc aside from Gary do you know that run in a real non-rally competitive form of racing?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:16 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Lifeplaza which scca class did you compete in? Different competition requires different things. I've noticed it in rally cars when I compared it to a honda challenge cage (nasa). I was taking about actual use in competition. The things you listed like redline are HPDE days. All you have to do is show up with your car and an SA rated helmet. [off topic] do you guys remember that white sti that wrecked at streets of willow?[/off topic]
fia wrc cars have bars from the trunk to before the strut towers
Old 06-21-2006, 11:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
WoW That came out good
Old 06-22-2006, 02:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
[off topic] do you guys remember that white sti that wrecked at streets of willow?[/off topic]
yes i remember, my driver runs the speedtrial event. So I got the details from his point of view.

The white STI tried avoided some...thing. And he impacted nose first into the wall. Its a pretty bad wreck when the gas door opens.

He was sitting to close with an open face helmet, even with 2 inch harness he still broke his face. Human body stretches over a couple of inches even with a harness or seat belt, So disregardless this would have happened with a harness or a standard seat belt. His passenger, a heavy set female submarined thru the harness or maybe seat bealt and was caught in the kick panel. The seating posistion was inclined back, not in the up-right posistion.

Because of this accident, no passengers unless you are an instructor.

If you are trying to say poor equipment = bad accidents. This person made a bad judgment call which resulted in an accident.

I'm not happy what happened to him. It was a natural instinct that caused the accident.

Sparco Sprint seats, tube aluminium or whatever material it is, is fia approved. You get into a wreck, the metal tubing will break either go thru your leg or your chest.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:12 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
goddamn, poor sap
Old 06-22-2006, 08:14 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by LifePlaza
yes i remember, my driver runs the speedtrial event. So I got the details from his point of view.

The white STI tried avoided some...thing. And he impacted nose first into the wall. Its a pretty bad wreck when the gas door opens.

He was sitting to close with an open face helmet, even with 2 inch harness he still broke his face. Human body stretches over a couple of inches even with a harness or seat belt, So disregardless this would have happened with a harness or a standard seat belt. His passenger, a heavy set female submarined thru the harness or maybe seat bealt and was caught in the kick panel. The seating posistion was inclined back, not in the up-right posistion.

Because of this accident, no passengers unless you are an instructor.

If you are trying to say poor equipment = bad accidents. This person made a bad judgment call which resulted in an accident.

I'm not happy what happened to him. It was a natural instinct that caused the accident.

Sparco Sprint seats, tube aluminium or whatever material it is, is fia approved. You get into a wreck, the metal tubing will break either go thru your leg or your chest.
i heard he didnt put his harness on tight he had it loose
Old 06-22-2006, 08:21 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Lifeplaza that looks nice. I saw a 05 STi with a roll cage that bolted to the floor in two spots and hooked into the seatbelt retractors(new bolts) Looked pretty clean. Pretty simple though. I saw it at the Travis AF Base Meet. Orangedot383 i believe had it. Forget what kind it was.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
I'll throw this in just because

http://www.rally.subaru.com/2006_ral...aceId=1&page=1
Old 06-22-2006, 01:56 PM
9 to 5 mod

tahts a sweet slide show

and to think thats just the tip of the iceberg for the wrc team
Old 06-23-2006, 06:20 PM

Car Info: Space Shuttle
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
Oh no not at all. I wasn't implying that bad equipment leads to bad accidents. I just wanted to know what happen to the driver. From what I read on the forums he and another wrx/sti came out of a turn, and the driver side fender liner from the blue wrx/sti came off. The other driver tried to dodge it. Is the guy alive?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:26 PM
9 to 5 mod

from what i heard yes

but he isnt doing that great
Old 06-29-2006, 12:37 AM

Car Info: 04 Red Impreza, 84 Levin GT-SR5
nice, i see lisa got a new toy. so whens the next track event?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:45 AM
9 to 5 mod

i think they are going july 8th sir
Old 06-29-2006, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 04 Red Impreza, 84 Levin GT-SR5
isnt that the day of g-spots bbq?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 AM
9 to 5 mod

DOH never mind i knwo where ill be

bbq

Quick Reply: Thanks baba for the pics New Roll cage!