VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
sweet
Old 07-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by kenji815
u mean like this
i guess they put random English words on their cars, like people put random chinese or japanese characters on ours sometimes. lol!!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
Originally Posted by yayitzian
i guess they put random English words on their cars, like people put random chinese or japanese characters on ours sometimes. lol!!
yeah i should get ppl to tattoo nega hola in chinese..
dam ppl think chinese character are so cool.. they don't even know what it means..
Old 07-27-2005, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kenji815
yeah i should get ppl to tattoo nega hola in chinese..
dam ppl think chinese character are so cool.. they don't even know what it means..

photo shop out the text and replace it with Nega hola

Name:  sigmapiissuxor.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  83.7 KB
Old 07-27-2005, 12:15 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
or you can just put it in the jean carlo thread
Old 07-27-2005, 12:20 AM
VIP Member

how many times have you mis-spelled his name
Old 07-27-2005, 01:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: GC8 v5 Impreza
Originally Posted by sigma pi
or you can just put it in the jean carlo thread
What jean carlo thread??? Yeah, how many times have you spelled my name wrong already???
Old 07-28-2005, 09:02 AM

First of all I feel your pain. All of my work into this car is also heart breaking to see it back. Because of this situation we are no longer allowed to do modified motor rebuilds. Now to staighten out some facts that have been misrepresented. When this car first showed up the customer asked if we would remove the boost contoller to save the warranty. We would not but the car was out of warranty anyway. As for the few simple mods... This car has a cluster of electronic units butt connected to the computer. The original est. was never $1700. That would barely buy the bottom end let alone machine work and labor. The machine shop would not warranty the heads due to the cracks so there was a choice of take your chances or new. You chose new. As far as the upper radiator hose goes, when the car came in the hose was on backwards so we turned it around to the proper way. Maybe it should have been replaced, I will give you that. Norm Reeves paid for the rental car, tow bill and repair when it came back. The peak recorder on your defi system said you had already hit 17.8lbs boost at less then 100 miles from repair. Talk about not even broken in yet. Now the car is back with #3 plug desintegrated and coolant in #1 and #4 cyldrs. And the peak on the defi system was erased. HMMMM......... Also there is sludge in the cooling system like green and red coolant were mixed. We are willing to step up if the problem was something that we did however we need the customers ok to tear it down. I do not know all of the parts on the market because I am not a parts person. I did ask what the piggy back was because I have seen some wierd stuff out there that I would not put on my worst enemie's car. I am crew cheif for The Gravel Crew and we do rally race. I have seen lots of people in this world and the ones who claim to know it all are the one's that are lying. I have worked long and hard on this car and now realize that no good deed goes unpunished. I hope we can come to a solution for this problem and put it behind us.........l8r.........Chris.......

Chris
Subaru Tech
Norm Reeves Subaru
Old 07-28-2005, 09:03 AM

Hello Major,
Per our converstion earlier today; my offer to help you still stands even after this mispresenting post
I'm not 100% familiar with the situation, but I spoke to chris after we got off the phone today and he's shown me some mickey-mouse wiring on the ecu and I did see the boost controller a while back.
defi memory was erased, before coming back to us, why????

I feel for you and like I've said, I will personally help you with anything with in my power (I'm pretty sure Tim feels the same way) but let's present the facts and we'll get this handled and put it behind us.

The facts remain, overboosting within 100 miles of the repair can be detrimetal to your engine. Wether or not this is the cause; it can only be determined by tearing it down
Should I document this whole process and take pictures of everthing you have including your ECU setup?

Major,
Please feel free to call me direct or stop by so you can see what chris has shown me; after all seeing is believing....

-Oscar
Parts Mgr.
Norm Reeves Subaru
951.699.3331 x2540
"Your Satisfaction is Our Mission"
Old 07-28-2005, 09:04 AM

Arrow

Let's get the facts straight here

Major,
I think this whole thing could have been avoided if you'd called and spoke to the GM before going on your rant and may be take some responsibility, I know that everyone here (including myself) will go out of their way to make sure you get taken care of...... but instead you went and posted misrepresenting threads and then called me to vent. You've had my direct number maybe even my cell.
I've offer to help you in any way I can, in fact the offer still stands even after your NRS bashing.

I hope everything works out at the end for you Major and like always feel free to call me at any time.

-Oscar
951.699.3331 x2540
Norm Reeves Subaru

Last edited by DCH Motorsports; 07-28-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
theres always 2 sides of every story. thanks chris and oscar for sharing your side.

with that said,

**nice backhand**
Old 07-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
never had a doubt in Norm Reeves. I've had tranny work done on my car from them and they rock.