Norm Reeves Subaru Suck!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 08:11 AM

Car Info: 2007 Subaru WRX Wagon
Norm Reeves Subaru Suck!!!!!

I Say Norm Reeves Subaru Of Temecula is by far the worst dealship is this state and I'll tell you why. I own a 2002 WRX Wagon Silver. With a few simple mods done to it. On May 28 2005 my engine took a crap on me at 80000 miles. Yes I will admit it was raced a few times at Qualcom Stadium at the solo2 Races. Car is well maintained by myself. But anyway I then had my car towed to the dealer in Temecula where purchased the car cause I live in the aera. They tell me the the numbet one rod bearing came loose and that I need to replace the shortblock. I ask is it covered under the extened warranty I bought last year for 1500.00 extra dollars? They tell me no because I am 2000 miles over the extended miles contract. I say ok! What will it cost me? They first tell me around 1700 with parts and labor. I also ask if they will be ok with the fact it is modded? They yes we want to call ourselves a "A MOD FRIENDLY DEALERSHIP". It took them over a month and a half to finish my car and still had problems with it running right aftert hey installed the motor. Come to find out the Mechanic "Chris" messed up the timing so he had to re-do the timing belt.

Now I finally get my car back. The very next day I'm on my way home from in San Diego and all of the sudden my car is spuing steam and coolant out of the hood!! Less than 24 hours after I get my car back!!! I had have the car towed all the way to Temecula to have them look at what went wrong. Guess what? They put the Upper Radiator Hose on Backwards and it rubbed agaist the cooling fans and cut a hole in the hose. Can you believe that? A expert mechanic in Subaru Maintanance put the hose on backwards. But that's not half! They tried to say I blew the Head Gaskets. So they fix that. Then a week later the engine took a dump again last friday afterhnoon on my way with my Daughter in the car on the 215 freeway. I had it towed to the same place because they worked on it! Now they tell the heads have blown. Telling me I boosted too much. I was in stop and go traffic on the 215 at 3:30 in the afternoon!!!! They don't want to be resonsible for the damage that was done. I did't even get finished breaking it in. OOOHHH! I forgot to minchen... They also replaced my heads because they said they were cracked so bad they needed to be replaced as well. This is the worst dealership I have ever delt with. Oscar in parts is very cool guy. Has always hooked me up. But as far as the service department. I do not recomend anyone to use this dealership for service to their cars. They are liers and theves. I paid a total of over 8000.00 dollars in parts and service and rental car fees lost time from work. I am also disabled and have to use hand controls. This is the only Vehicle I have and they acted liked they don't give a @#$%. I am very upset about this. I even talk to the service Manager Tim McDonald. All he wants to to is blame the customer. The way I see it if they had a problem working on my car they should have told me from the beginning. "Chris"races for Gravel Crew and didn't know what a HKS FCD was that I have on my ECU. How can some who races WRX's for a race team and works on the not know what aftermarket computers are on the market? Anyway I know I shuouldn't name names, But hay I pretty pist off right about now. Thanks for reading, I just had to put the word out about this place.

Last edited by osofast; 07-19-2005 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
gees.. another sux thread... @_@
Old 07-19-2005, 08:21 AM

Car Info: CGM STi
he's right though. they fockin suck. that's where i bought my sti. they tried to fock me even though i had a little paper from the subaru regional office saying that i can get the car at invoice. little biatches. i'll never buy a car from there again.

shoulda went to fullerton where i bought my wrx.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Comeback?
Originally Posted by osofast
But hay I pretty pist off right about now. Thanks for reading, I just had to put the word out about this place.
please dont use my name....
Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 AM

Car Info: 04 STi WRB
not to let the cat out of the bag, but they lost my business by $500.... They also lost someone else's business that day by a smaller number... I was listening while I waited...
Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Paperchasin
^^^hahahahahaha

chong ...attack!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:44 AM

I don't think I understand what your tring to say
Old 07-19-2005, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

I don't think I understand what your tring to say
that foos name is hay

But hay I pretty pist off right about now. Thanks for reading, I just had to put the word out about this place.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:04 AM

Understood, my apologies. Did not know. I'm not here affend fellow Impreza owners, just wanted to let them know how NormReevesSubaru Service treats their customers who spend over 5000.00 in parts and labor after they said thay had no problem working on a modded car. My aploogies Hay.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Comeback?
Understood, my apologies. Did not know. I'm not here affend fellow Impreza owners, just wanted to let them know how NormReevesSubaru Service treats their customers who spend over 5000.00 in parts and labor after they said thay had no problem working on a modded car. My aploogies Hay.
no worries...i was just messin anyways...sorry to hear about ur experience...one of the main reasons i have yet to commit to a stealership for warranty work...
Old 07-19-2005, 09:15 AM
VIP Member

no worries...i was just messin anyways...sorry to hear about ur experience...one of the main reasons i have yet to commit to a stealership for warranty work...
that plus youre chong... get all roid rage and kill them!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
hrmm...they've been good to me so far. i brought my car in modded, and they gave me new 1st and 4th gear synchros under warranty. there wwere lots of metal shavings found too. they told me it was because of some sort of plate around 3rd gear that doesn't even come on later models.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:38 AM

Cool

I'm happy to hear you had a better job done for you than I did. I'm just telling my story so that more people will pay attention to what these dealerships are tring to pull. They know what they told me and it's my falt for not getting in writing when they told me thay work on my car regardless of my mods. Now they have all the sudden changed their store policy that hety don't work on modified cars. The point is they worked on it less than a month ago and it fails. Now they won't honor their warranty or work. That's a cop out! I never trusted them from the start. I had no choice because I am Disabled. I had the use of my legs I would have done it myself. I've done before when I was able use my legs. But it's unfortunate that I don't have that ability to do so and for that I must sometimes rely on others to assist me. But to take advantage of your customer is cowardly. The General manager won't even return my phone calls and they have my car on thier lot. They started this whole thing by being rude and inconsiderate when they told they wern't going even look at what may have caused the problem. They didn't even consider meeting me halfway to keep my business and my praises. I was telling the Mechanic the last week just before it failed how I thoought he did a great job even after the minor mishap the day after I picked up my car. I'm not a rich man and I understand I have put thousands of dollars into my car. But that does not give them the right to try to take advantage of the customer. I do hope that we all can work this out in a honest business fashion.

Last edited by osofast; 07-21-2005 at 04:43 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
well i wish you luck in getting your car up and running again. By mod friendly, I assumed that to mean basic bolt ons. but from reading the post on awjunkies.com, you seem to have had some other things as well.

i just know them to be decent, friendly, and straightforward. i hope they have not changed their ways.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
We'll get all the answers soon

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...04#post1110904

Cheers

Quick Reply: Norm Reeves Subaru Suck!!!!!