Initial D fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX | 95 GC
Question Initial D fans

This will probably get booted to the OT place. But I know there are fans here.

After sitting through nearly every minute of the Initial D DVD's I have a couple of questions.

(1) What does the Title (Initial D) stand for? Does it stand for Drift, but thats not what they call it in Japanese (starts with "saya...", saw that in the extra chat show on one of the DVDs).

(2) Whats up with Mogi?? and whats the deal with the guy she calls 'Papa'? Something is up when she gets a $1000 a visit.

(3) In the end, does anyones else feel that all of this wasn't happenstance. That the whole deliveres to some mtn top @ 4am (from 7th grade) was an ultra long plan by Bunta to turn his son into the next Micheal Schumacher?

(4) What was the motor they put in to replace the one he blew up. Was it a Toyota Atlantic Race motor or some other custom TRD motor, or maybe even a F3000 motor?

(5) And does anyone else find Itesuki really annoying besides me.

Sorry for the lame questions but I just recently got my hands on all of the dvds.

thank you in advance for any help,

RR

edited for typos.

Last edited by Rapid_Roo; 04-21-2003 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:19 PM

Where did you get the DVD set?

Jay
Old 04-21-2003, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by illmatic
Where did you get the DVD set?

Jay
On Ebay. I think the vendors name is Astroboy. They came from Singapore. Good quality, bad translations as usual. Good service and delivery time. I need to look it up, I will post later.

here is the place I got them from on Ebay.

Astroboy Store

I was happy with them, and they had the most positive responses on ebay.

Last edited by Rapid_Roo; 04-21-2003 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by o4wrxSTi
mogi is a prostitute dawg. i was confused for a while too. lol. itsuki gets pretty damn annoying but it's funny sometimes.
see, if you just watch the first season, I thought, damn what an allowance! Then later in the second season, it seems like they got something else going on. Then if you watch all them in one day, you're head explodes like mine did and you can't tell heads or tails any more.

My wife and I were watching them, and we came to the conclusion that it wasn't a straight up sex thing it had to be even more kinky than that, something more voyeuristic, something more surreal, why else would she be calling him Papa.

After hours of Initial D, my wife turns to me and says, "A, what's Initial D mean, 2, whats with the Mogi chick, iii, can you mute Itesuki, and F, where the F are the WRX's???

I had no real answers, I was just trying to figure out where the nearest mountain pass was that had gutters. If you think about it, he did most of his spectacular stuff doing the gutter runs, so maybe it should have been called "Initial G or GutterRunner" or something.

After watching it all I was asked what I thought about it. I said, its Japanese Animation, and it has cars and racing in it.... what more do I need...... and thank god you don't have to rewind DVDs.

happy motoring,
RR
Old 04-21-2003, 06:29 PM
LNR

Car Info: Hachi & The Soob
Franco has the best explanation for your questions regarding Mogi and the rest of Initial D.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by curseboy
They have this thing in Japan where an older man will "subsidize" a young girl of high school age. They call it "subsidized schooling" and it's pretty common. When the girl finishes or moves on to higher education, the relationship is usually over and perv finds another young chick. I swear, I didn't believe it until I saw it.
So what you are saying is He is her Patron and She is his Muse?

I could almost believe that. Except for this one scene where they are discussing her plan to go to the beach, and he wants to buy her a swim suit, so he can see her in it.

She says "but you have already seen everything....you're such a pervert"

Anyway. What about the other stuff. I saw a couple pics of the Toyota Atlantic engine and it looks a little like what they drew in for the new motor, down to the long intake runners and the equal length exhaust headers.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:13 AM
LNR

Car Info: Hachi & The Soob
I believe that the car got a 20V motor.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Val
VIP Member

Hey Rudy,

Are the guys going to Mark's tonight?
Old 11-21-2005, 04:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
my gawd we were geeks back then
Old 11-21-2005, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
Originally Posted by Rapid Roo
(2) Whats up with Mogi?? and whats the deal with the guy she calls 'Papa'? Something is up when she gets a $1000 a visit.
LOL mogi is a *****.

Quick Reply: Initial D fans