Good morning! sign in

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:54 AM

How the #ell are you! :RockOn - not mine:
Old 08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
i know alienwear laptops are made for gaming and i understand the mobility portion of it but heat is a major issue with laptops regardless.
Wonder if their support is going to improve now that they are DELL...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 AM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by Ichinobu
How the #ell are you! :RockOn - not mine:
hey ichi!

and lawson, if they claim it to be a gaming laptop, they'd better produce a laptop that can handle a game. Especially a 3 year old game. If the components put together can't handle the heat, don't put it out as a product we can buy. Sell it with lesser components, make some mods, redesign the chassis or sell it as something other than a gaming notebook.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Wonder if their support is going to improve now that they are DELL...
For some reason with dells, I have never had to call tech support. From the horror stories I've hear, thank goodness.. Since Dell owns AW, i really wonder... Of course I never bought a notebook from them and was able to solve the issues on my own....
Old 08-31-2007, 11:18 AM

Not a good idea to get a gaming laptop. You cannot upgrade it. The cost for a real good one is upward to 3 to 4 k and once it is outdated you throw it away. Games are getting outdated fast now. The cooling required for gaming is too much for compact areas. They need huge fans for the video cards.

I built a LAN box so I could change out components as they get outdated. You can change out the MB etc.. I think it is the best was to go.

A good lan box can be built for $1300 and last you 3 to 4 processer cycles.(changeing out mother board/cp for $300 to $400 verses buying a new laptop).

janitor
Old 08-31-2007, 11:18 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
Originally Posted by samurai
hey ichi!

and lawson, if they claim it to be a gaming laptop, they'd better produce a laptop that can handle a game. Especially a 3 year old game. If the components put together can't handle the heat, don't put it out as a product we can buy. Sell it with lesser components, make some mods, redesign the chassis or sell it as something other than a gaming notebook.
i agree if its a "gaming laptop" it should perform like one, and i assume it does. I just figure that those gaming components will produce a lot of heat, and it so happens that your forearms are on it. I know my forearms have been burned one two many times due to massive amount of heat. But i can see it from their point of view this gaming laptop does preform as well as a desktop. i guess they haven't solved that heat issue as with many other power hungry laptops. but they might need to reconsider and redesign how the heat is dispersed.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:19 AM

Not a good idea to get a gaming laptop. You cannot upgrade it. The cost for a real good one is upward to 3 to 4 k and once it is outdated you throw it away. Games are getting outdated fast now. The cooling required for gaming is too much for compact areas. They need huge fans for the video cards.

I built a LAN box so I could change out components as they get outdated. You can change out the MB etc.. I think it is the best was to go.

A good lan box can be built for $1300 and last you 3 to 4 processer cycles.(changeing out mother board/cp for $300 to $400 verses buying a new laptop).

janitor
+1 a very good point
Old 08-31-2007, 11:34 AM

hey ichi!

OK, give me an update.

noodle wen still?
Who did what?
Who's mad at who
Old 08-31-2007, 11:47 AM

janitor
yup. This is a lesson painfully learned. my next "mobile system" is going to be a falcon NW fragbox.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:14 PM

Car Info: oh seben lay-gah-C
yup. This is a lesson painfully learned. my next "mobile system" is going to be a falcon NW fragbox.
same here >.<

now i have a 20lb portable heater.. and it's still summer, damnit!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
OK, give me an update.

noodle wen still?
Who did what?
Who's mad at who
wen noodle fizzled out

we started arguing yesterday due to the heat i think

we brought back thursday life for one night only

we havent been going out much but i would be down for a meet
Old 08-31-2007, 12:32 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
"Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.” Orison Swett Marden

In early August Barry Bonds became the home run king with his 756th career shot, the response to this feat from Hank Aaron, received via videotape was: "I send congratulations to Barry Bonds on becoming Baseball's Career home run leader. I have been privileged to hold this record for 33 years. My hope today, as it was on the evening in 1974, is that the achievement of this record will inspire others to chase their own dreams."

"Chase their own dreams" is a statement, an affirmation, an inspirational thought, idea, concept and yes a dream that has alluded so many of us. How about you? Have you allowed your dreams to allude you? Do you care? Are you passionate about what you say you want? Does it mean anything to you? The questions can go on and on. Wishing, dreaming, hoping, expecting, praying, wishing for something...someone... to save us...help us...give to us.Believe me when I say these words, because I understand this is the hope and dreams of many of us . Am I going to get married? Am I going to get the right job? Am I going to become a millionaire? Am I going to get well? Am I going to be happy? Am I going to be______ ?{you fill in the blanks}

All great leaders, I am sure have asked themselves those questions over and over again in their lives. The only difference between a great athlete or leader and and someone who is neither is that the successful he/she has acted on his/her hopes, his/her dreams, his/her wishes, his/her desires. To become an extraordinary person, you cannot sit back and hope and dream and wish and desire. You must become an active participant in your life. You must step up to the challenge! You must agree to do your work! You must face the obstacles! And yes they will come and find you, have no mistake about it You must search for the opportunities. Never once did an extraordinary person loose sight of his or her goal.

The focus is always on the goal. The vision - the mission.Where do you place your focus daily? How badly do you want to achieve your goals? I, myself have faced many challenges in my life and believe me when I say that the challenges follow you daily. The difference between being "Extraordinary" and simply "Ordinary" on a daily basis is your mind set. Do you have a vision - a mission that you sincerely and seriously want to follow and achieve? Well... what is standing in your way?

Make today the first day of your new way of thinking. Be proud of who you are and where you are going. Make a plan... know your purpose...listen to your messages...follow your heart and fulfill your dreams. Nothing is impossible to those who believe. Be a believer in you. Get to know your inner most thoughts. Believe that what ever you want is possible. Set your intention. Accept the challenges that face you daily and know that all challenges bring forth opportunities. Please do not be afraid of the unknown..."for the unknown of today is the glory of the known for tomorrow." Be adventurous! Make life fun...not a burden. When you make the mind set to seek adventure and reject the feelings of burdensome and overload...magic happens. It is all in the mind set. Where is your mind today?

Are you willing to chase your dreams? I don't know about you, but I for one am in the driver seat and I am going full throttle ahead. I am willing to do my work. I am physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually in shape to jump the hurdles, trudge through the muddy waters, and climb the mighty mountains. I have a vision...I have a goal...I have set my intention. I want you to do the same, I sincerely hope you will, you will not regret it.

Become "Extraordinary", if you have the desire , you have the power.

“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”Jimmy Johnson quotes (American football Coach and broadcaster)

lets go whoop some *** today people
Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
lets go whoop some *** today people
+1
Old 08-31-2007, 12:57 PM

That what I did. Used the one from Frys, Tied in little dinky speakers inside it and got a monitor.

It runs BF2 wireless.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
For some reason with dells, I have never had to call tech support. From the horror stories I've hear, thank goodness.. Since Dell owns AW, i really wonder... Of course I never bought a notebook from them and was able to solve the issues on my own....
I've never had any problems with DELL support or their products. I currently use the Latitude D620 and have not had any problems with it.

Quick Reply: Good morning! sign in