ESX Motorsports Job Opening!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:09 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
funny thing is that ESX actually does have some big plans around the corner from what ive been told (not counting the 08 sig series...i plead the 5th on that one)

I kinda wish i could take that offer..but sadly i only turn wrenches, i have no idea how to tune...(sure ive played with my UTEC..but i dont trust myself to do that on anyones car but my own)
Old 03-05-2008, 08:21 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
like what?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:47 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by sigma pi
like what?
<~~~~~~~ interested to know...
Old 03-05-2008, 09:55 AM
9 to 5 mod

come on twiz with the info
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 PM

Car Info: Subaru (year?, model?)
Hi all, I would just like to add my Newbie two cents in on this thread.

If you are a good wrench and fabricator and the pay is good why wouldn’t you want to work for ESX?

Just say they are not the cutting edge company anymore. If you are good you can help bring them back to the top so to speak.

In the past they have proven themselves time and time again.

In just about everything they have ever done they have set a record or won.

18 NHRA National event wins
2 NHRA National championships
Numerous IDRC wins
Numerous NOPI wins
won 2005 Rally championship
7-second 180mph 4cyl AWD Impreza
9.01 second at 156mph 3,300lb, full interior, street tired, full exhaust, street legal Impreza
The only STi to ever qualify and race in the world challenge series (Long beach grand Prix)
Finish third place overall in the 25 hours of Thunder Hill.Being beaten only by two factory backed teams.
Pioneer the Cosworth Subaru engine packages.
Offer 760Hp engine kits
Produce the only 365HP STi Carb Certified Subaru performance package.
Release a dealer sold Signature series STi
Be featured in hundreds of magazines
Make BF Goodrich commercials
Make performance parts for Aston Martins
Make performance parts for EVOs
Organize and host the largest gathering of Aston Martins in the country Ever.
And the list could go on and on.

I think they even have a couple of performance shops open now.

So pee in the cup, have some fun doing things never done before and make some money while your doing it. Sounds like a win win to me. Who knows you might even learn a thing or two. How do I know, Bin There Done That and it was a blast.

Just my two cents.

22BKEEPER

Last edited by 22BKEEPER; 04-02-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:36 PM

ya know, I actually met Jamie from ESX this weekend, and I must say that dood is one cool cat. I wouldn't mind working next to him, seems like he knows his ****.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:05 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
Originally Posted by 22BKEEPER
18 NHRA National event wins
2 NHRA National championships
Numerous IDRC wins
Numerous NOPI wins
7-second 180mph 4cyl AWD Impreza
9.01 second at 156mph 3,300lb, full interior, street tired, full exhaust, street legal Impreza
Not really interested in drag racing nevertheless its a feat.

won 2005 Rally championship
Which rally series?

The only STi to ever qualify and race in the world challenge series (Long beach grand Prix)
they didn't even finish the race, let alone complete a single race lap in 07. Oh did i mention they qualified 32nd?

Release a dealer sold Signature series STi
Does any one know how many of these vehicles where sold?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I seriously don't understand where all of this discontent for ESX is coming from. They have accomplished so much. As for a business model; c'mon, any shop would be tickled pink to have SOA come to them with a proposal for a Sig series car. Take a bit of time and look at the work that goes into one of their cars. The street car I've seen on a number of occasions, this weekend I got to perform a bit of surgery on it, the fabrication and thought that went into that car is amazing. Granted it was proclaimed to be a POS, but you can talk like that if it is yours. My hats off to ESX and their crew. Met them worked with them, traded stories with them, shared some suds. Cheers. This position is a great opportunity for someone. Personally I'd be all over it. I don't think they could pay my bills. Regardless of my experience this position wouldn't make me enough money. It would some day...
Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 PM

Car Info: Subaru (year?, model?)
(theheckwithyou) To try and answer some of your questions

The ESX/Rocket Rally team of Pat and Nathalie Richard won the 2005 Rally America championship. They also took home 5 first places that year. This partnership turned out to be a winning combo.

At the 07 Long Beach race The ESX World Challenge car suffered 2 Very unexpected and unusual Cosworth engine failures in practice and qualifying.
A third engine was built and installed for race day but with little testing time available a decision was made to not compete for obvious reasons of safety
In 06 the inaugural running of the ESX STi it was severely handicapped by SCCA rules and thus was not very competitive. These rules apply to all newly homologated entrants in world challenge. Even with that said The vehicle had a master cylinder failure and had to compete with no brakes for most of the race they still finished mid pack with a four cylinder true street car and not A factory backed multi million dollar purpose built car with a V8 or V10 in it.

As for how many ESX signature vehicles are being built, I think the number is at about 50 and with the new 08 models and options it is still rising.

22BKEEPER
Old 04-03-2008, 08:20 AM

The ESX/Rocket Rally team of Pat and Nathalie Richard won the 2005 Rally America championship. They also took home 5 first places that year. This partnership turned out to be a winning combo.
Is there any reasons why they stopped?

At the 07 Long Beach race The ESX World Challenge car suffered 2 Very unexpected and unusual Cosworth engine failures in practice and qualifying.
A third engine was built and installed for race day but with little testing time available a decision was made to not compete for obvious reasons of safety
In 06 the inaugural running of the ESX STi it was severely handicapped by SCCA rules and thus was not very competitive. These rules apply to all newly homologated entrants in world challenge. Even with that said The vehicle had a master cylinder failure and had to compete with no brakes for most of the race they still finished mid pack with a four cylinder true street car and not A factory backed multi million dollar purpose built car with a V8 or V10 in it.
I will admit that its pretty good that they entered and tried to race. But i would like to point out this one team from the British Touring Car Championship called Jackson Motorsports, a single car family operated team, which finished 7th in the championship against works manufacture teams such as SEAT and Vauxhall. Yes they didn't have to develop the E90 car since they bought it, vs ESX seasons to develop the STi. During the 07 season they did not have the money to have a race engineer at all the races, and yet to take wins is very impressive. I'm sure ESX has more funding, but needs to catch up on the development if they wish to be competitive in world challenge. To my understanding that ESX only runs that car in the LBGP and not other venus?

ESX does drag racing well, i'll give you that.

I'm not here to bash on ESX on their motorsport ventures, but its very disappointing for road racing fans like my self who wants to cheer on the Impreza, only to see a DNF. I am sure they can do much better if they committed in road racing as they are in drag racing.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:26 AM

Car Info: 08 silver sti
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
ya know, I actually met Jamie from ESX this weekend, and I must say that dood is one cool cat. I wouldn't mind working next to him, seems like he knows his ****.
i have met him too. i have met him 2 times. he is cool.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:51 AM
9 to 5 mod

As for how many ESX signature vehicles are being built, I think the number is at about 50 and with the new 08 models and options it is still rising.

22BKEEPER
yeah, cadillac was the cadi ....... never mind
Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
I'm not here to bash on ESX on their motorsport ventures, but its very disappointing for road racing fans like my self who wants to cheer on the Impreza, only to see a DNF. I am sure they can do much better if they committed in road racing as they are in drag racing.
I've seen them run at Laguna Seca, and they would've run at Buttonwillow if they could've got the car going, there was some issues witht the injectors I believe...
Old 04-03-2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
I've seen them run at Laguna Seca, and they would've run at Buttonwillow if they could've got the car going, there was some issues witht the injectors I believe...
aw thats unfortunate
Old 04-03-2008, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
aw thats unfortunate
so let me ask you this, and I'm not trying to put you on blast or anything, but have you ever had any personal experience with them, negative or positive? Or do you only know what you've heard/read/seen?

Quick Reply: ESX Motorsports Job Opening!!