Do you live in San Diego? Do you need a job?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 02:15 PM

Car Info: formerly known as
Talking Do you live in San Diego? Do you need a job?

Cross posted to the other Subie club too.

OK here is the situation. I have two offers for a new job and I have made my decision, leaving one position open. The other job that I didn't take is going to need someone, and it would make me feel better about the entire situation if I had some other prospectives to give them. Here are the job duties and requirements. This job is in commercial real estate.

You will be COMPLETELY supporting a commercial real estate office that is just starting up in San Diego, but is a nationwide firm expanding into SoCal--very good company, enormous presence on the East Coast. Your title would be something similar to Research Director or Marketing/Office director. You would be closely supporting 3 brokers right now, but possibly up to 10 in the coming year. This office will be here to stay, it is not a gamble, and comes with full financial support from the company.

This job will be research, marketing, and office work. You would be the office manager most likely, that being the person who orders supplies, keeps the computers running (by outsourcing IT to a third party) and making sure there is coffee….simple things, but things that take time nonetheless.

The marketing side would entail creating packages that display the team’s capabilities, listings, and subleases. Marketing and graphics knowledge needed here, like Quark, Powerpoint, Adobe Ilustrator and Photoshop. Would produce relatively high level graphics presentation materials such as banners and packages.

Main focus would be research however. Research would be interpreting data from 3rd party sources, (CoStar and Xceligent) and dropping the raw data into VERY COMPLEX Excel spreadsheets and interpreting it. Also, you would produce a quarterly newsletter highlighting office market news. You would have to track lease and sales comparable data, as well as Tenants in the Market and other statistically relevant info (that being news stories and general economic info).

This position will require the utmost degree of flexibility and knowledge. Either a bachelor degree or OVER 5-6 years of high level admin or executive support experience is ABSOLUTELY necessary. Pay will range from high 30’s to low 40’s, depending on experience. Full benefits. There is also a bonus schedule too, I believe.

So if you know anyone or are interested yourself, please e-mail me with your resume at darthgilb@yahoo.com

Timing on this is of the essence, the sooner the prospective is available, the better.

LOCALS ONLY. No out of towners will be considered. Sorry.
Office will be in UTC.

Mods, please don’t delete, as I am trying to help out fellow i-clubbers.

Eli