the Wonderful World of Worker's Comp

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
the Wonderful World of Worker's Comp

So I am sitting at my desk this morning, around 9:15... a call comes in, don't feel like answering (and after listening to the message I'm glad I didn't) so I let the machine pick it up.

I'll give you a little crash course on benefits to help you understand the story. An EE is hurt, yada yada, DR takes them off work, they are entitled to benefits. Law states that they are to be issued payment every 14 days (2 weeks). So for my SRT account, we issue benefit payments every other Tuesday.

I finally got around to listening to the message. Its some injured worker wondering where her check was. Now with my SRT account, we issue checks on Tuesday to the injured workers who are entitled to receive benefits. So she states her name, then my mind triggers, "hey, I think that she was on the list that we paid yesterday." So I pull out my list and sure enough there's her name on the list, we issued her a check yesterday meaning it will get there today or tomorrow. So she leaves a nice rude message for me. This lady has been receiving these benefits for the past 5 months, the check is issued every other Tuesday, you think that she would learn by now, but no here it is 9:15am the day after the check was issued, calling me to complain about her not getting her check. WTF makes her think that her check will get to her today before the US Postal Service delivers mail around noon???

you guys would be surprised at some of the crap that goes on... and some of the claims are unbelievable

last Summer, we receive a new claim. Lol, ok... I'll just give you the description of the claim that was documented on the 5020 Claim form. "While out on lunch, I was in my car and lit up a cigarette, then I turned on the A/C and it blew the ashes of my cigarette into my eyes." Her claim was denied (wow, go figure).

WTF goes throught these people's minds?
Old 12-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
hahahaa.. silly smoker!
Old 12-29-2004, 02:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
People are stupid. Reminds me of the chick who tried to sue Josey from a car accident. Our lawyer OWNED her. And then the judge did.

Josey: 1
crazy *****: 0
Old 12-29-2004, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by RussA
last Summer, we receive a new claim. Lol, ok... I'll just give you the description of the claim that was documented on the 5020 Claim form. "While out on lunch, I was in my car and lit up a cigarette, then I turned on the A/C and it blew the ashes of my cigarette into my eyes." Her claim was denied (wow, go figure).
Thats a classic.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:30 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by RussA
"While out on lunch, I was in my car and lit up a cigarette, then I turned on the A/C and it blew the ashes of my cigarette into my eyes."
You're probably the bastard that denied my claim:

"While driving the company truck, I hit a pothole. The sudden jolt caused the beer I was drinking to foam over with much fervor, coating the inside of the windshield with beer droplets. As I couldn't visually establish the vehicle's orientation, I used Stinkfist's RS as a stop."
Old 12-29-2004, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
^^ hahha
Old 12-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
whoa! you have an SRT account??

hehe
Old 12-29-2004, 02:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
Originally Posted by Oaf
You're probably the bastard that denied my claim:

"While driving the company truck, I hit a pothole. The sudden jolt caused the beer I was drinking to foam over with much fervor, coating the inside of the windshield with beer droplets. As I couldn't visually establish the vehicle's orientation, I used Stinkfist's RS as a stop."
nah, I would have reimbursed you for the beer
Old 12-29-2004, 02:34 PM

Car Info: MY04 WRX
Nicely done Oaf!
Old 12-29-2004, 02:37 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
whoa! you have an SRT account??

hehe
SRT-4's aRe fAStaR!!