what would you do if you were being followed? (was: got a question)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 12:06 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by gortiz3
Gotcha.
+1. You screwed yourself, Ace.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 2001 Transmaro SS
One time I was being followed by this giant big rig out in the valley. I had passed the guy a few minutes earlier and the next thing you know he comes up on me hauling *** with this dirty fuel tanker truck right on my bumper! I let him pass and he gets in front of me and slows down! A few minutes later he waves me past, but we are starting up a hill and it is getting twisty. Well I decide to pass him again but as I popped into the oncoming lane there was a car coming! The guy tried to lure me into an oncoming car! I finally overtake him coming down the otherside of the hill, I am so scared I didn't even realize my slant six powered Dodge Dart was doing well over 100! I came through this small stop in the highway and I decide to stop in at the dinner and get some help. I was going so fast however that I crashed into a fence, but made it out a little shaken and went into the dinner. Inside all these guys in cowboy hats were staring at me, and I went into the rest room and when I came back out to leave, the big rig was parked out front. I scanned the room, and everyone was staring at me...

Last edited by illy; 12-20-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:31 PM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
:rotfl:
Old 12-20-2005, 03:57 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
i was followed once, turned into the residentials off main right across the street from that elementary school. took 2 turns and then i was sure they were following me. went really slow, then made a turn and went all out back onto main and booked it to my friends house in american river canyon north, where if i hadnt lost the guys yet (some old *** nissan something) my friends would be standing outside with their paintball guns, LOL. i lost them at a light on madison, but still booked it to the house. i was in my cobra, and this was at like 2am, so im sure i pissed some people off, but i didnt care.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:25 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Drive in circles. Then ditch them at a point when they cant see you.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:27 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
ok say for instance this car was following you, it had already been 4.1 miles he had followed you ( i plotted and calculated the exact mileage) your near your house and say screw it and in a paniced/ pissed off/ nervous moment you decide to take off... so you take off, dust the car and now you think your home free.... THEN you see lights and sirens!!! the car following you this whole time was an undercover un marked police officer( mid 90s chevy lumina!!!) !!! what the fiznuck do you do now?! this happened to me last friday night, and i was completely and utterly shocked that i couldnt even speak to the officer... he gave me a ticket for doing 60 in a 35... i reached 60 after i took off... i realized in later in the middle of the night that i sholdve spoken up and told him i thought i was being followed and thats y i ran, but it was too late and i was still shocked about all this
Old 12-20-2005, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
ok say for instance this car was following you, it had already been 4.1 miles he had followed you ( i plotted and calculated the exact mileage) your near your house and say screw it and in a paniced/ pissed off/ nervous moment you decide to take off... so you take off, dust the car and now you think your home free.... THEN you see lights and sirens!!! the car following you this whole time was an undercover un marked police officer( mid 90s chevy lumina!!!) !!! what the fiznuck do you do now?! this happened to me last friday night, and i was completely and utterly shocked that i couldnt even speak to the officer... he gave me a ticket for doing 60 in a 35... i reached 60 after i took off... i realized in later in the middle of the night that i sholdve spoken up and told him i thought i was being followed and thats y i ran, but it was too late and i was still shocked about all this

Had that happen to me in south Sac. the cop laughed walked back to his car and took off, waiving to me as he passed 2002+ Tahoe
Old 12-20-2005, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by pbchief2
Had that happen to me in south Sac. the cop laughed walked back to his car and took off, waiving to me as he passed 2002+ Tahoe
thats bull shnozzle!! wtf am i supposed do in that situation, say for instance he did have probable cause to follow me or even pull me over, if he did, why hadnt he pulled me over 1, 2, or 3 miles earlier? what the hell is that, i feel like i was entrapped... this officer wasnt a dick actually like 95% of EGPD, he was actually pretty straight fwd and pretty cordial.. but the 1st thing he said to me was " youve been waiting to get out in the open to go fast" my reaction was" no im just trying to get home sir".. this was approx 10:30 pm friday night after i got out of the gym.. anyways.. thats the most significant thing either of us said, he gave me a ticket for 60+ in a 35 and he took off.. what can i possibly do now? i might as well show up to court and explain to the judge what happened, i already got the damn ticket so i have nothing to lose... but does any1 have any suggestions or ideas or advice? i could really REALLY use sum right now
Old 12-20-2005, 08:23 PM

Car Info: Sline
I thoguth unmarked cars weren't allowed to do that.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by jvick125
I thoguth unmarked cars weren't allowed to do that.

Nope, Sac. pd gang unit pulled me and my friends over multiple times. unmarked lumina, unmarked cirrus, unmarked integra.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by pbchief2
Nope, Sac. pd gang unit pulled me and my friends over multiple times. unmarked lumina, unmarked cirrus, unmarked integra.
so what did you do? or what are planning on doing? this is BS.. its not like he provoked me into a street race or anything, he followed and followed and followed me.. those 4.1 miles was like a 10 minute drive... he just stayed on me til i did sumthing wrong, and i only did that because he followed me... i had a chance at running and getting away ( roundabouts on eg blvd btwn waterman and bradhsaw) is ther any kindve chance i can do anything about this? or do i just have to bend over?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 2001 Transmaro SS
Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
thats bull shnozzle!! wtf am i supposed do in that situation, say for instance he did have probable cause to follow me or even pull me over, if he did, why hadnt he pulled me over 1, 2, or 3 miles earlier? what the hell is that, i feel like i was entrapped... this officer wasnt a dick actually like 95% of EGPD, he was actually pretty straight fwd and pretty cordial.. but the 1st thing he said to me was " youve been waiting to get out in the open to go fast" my reaction was" no im just trying to get home sir".. this was approx 10:30 pm friday night after i got out of the gym.. anyways.. thats the most significant thing either of us said, he gave me a ticket for 60+ in a 35 and he took off.. what can i possibly do now? i might as well show up to court and explain to the judge what happened, i already got the damn ticket so i have nothing to lose... but does any1 have any suggestions or ideas or advice? i could really REALLY use sum right now
This sucks... I know it is always easier to think of what you should have done or said when you were being pulled over but when it is happening most people are just too in shock to think about it. You can always always go to a city council meeting and say what is on your mind.

This is probably one of those situations where you are just screwed.

If it makes you feel any better, back in 1994 I got a ticket for doing 60 on I-80 when the speed limit was still 55. It was a UC-Deeznuts campus officer on a power trip. Can you imagine driving at 60mph on I-80 let alone getting a ticket? I was in a 1982 plymouth reliant, I think 60 was the top speed...
Old 12-21-2005, 08:48 AM

Car Info: WRB Bugeye Sedan
Back in my Jeep Wrangler days... I was being followed by some crazy-*** psycho in a lowered truck that I must've cut-off without knowing or something. I was driving in the slow lane down Sunrise over the river toward 50 when this guy came along side honking, shouting and flipping me off. His girlfriend/wife in the passenger seat looked pretty freaked-out.

He got behind me every time I made a lane-change to get away. I tried feinting turns and off-ramps but he stuck like glue and we finally ended up on S-B 50 around either Mather or Bradshaw or something. Can’t remember exactly where because of the adrenaline haze…

I got on an off-ramp with a few other cars including psycho. As I pulled up behind some cars that were stopped in the left-hand turn lane I quickly jumped the Jeep over the center divide curb to the ramp back onto S-B 50 leaving his lowered trunk to wait for the lights and traffic. I used the time wisely, bounced on the pedal and took off for home never to see him again. Still can’t remember what I did to **** him off.

This trick probably wouldn’t work now that I’ve got a lowered bugeye though…
Old 12-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
I usually like driving in circles. If that don't work, find a full parking lot, find a place to park, let him get out his car...and drive away again...cept this time FASTER!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:42 PM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
I usually like driving in circles. If that don't work, find a full parking lot, find a place to park, let him get out his car...and drive away again...cept this time FASTER!
that will be nice when he pulls in behind your car and blocks all hopes of leaving!
if someone is that serious to follow you, don;t plan on stopping...
pulling into res neighborhoods you know and loosing them in the maze of suburbia is normally the best bet...or exiting the freeway and doing manuvers thru gas stations on the corner is always a nice ditch effect.
but never stop! geez...what are you....NEW?

Quick Reply: what would you do if you were being followed? (was: got a question)