what would you do if you were being followed? (was: got a question)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
got a question

if a strange car has been following u for 4 miles, how many of you would decide to ditch this guy and take off?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
+1

I never take the same route more than twice in a row Just cause I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after me
Old 12-19-2005, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
last thing i need is for my ride to get reposesed
Old 12-19-2005, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I do some lane changes or turns to see if they're following me. If they really are, then I'll bail.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Pull over & remember to aim center mass.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
bennelli+nova+trunk+pass thru=duck
Old 12-19-2005, 10:20 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Oaf
Pull over & remember to aim center mass.
I usually aim belly button area then proceed up the chest and to the head until they fall down.

But in a lesser case scenario, I would do like Matt (sonic) and do lane changes and turns.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
Ya normally I change lanes, then I'll find a residential neighborhood and start going around it and see if they truly are following you since there tends to be more turns in residential..... If they are, I quickly hop on to a main street and do some driving and they magically disappear, I am always sure to NEVER stop at a red light in traffic, if I am coming up on a red light, I will ALWAYS make a right handed turn nothing worse then being stuck at a red light with 8 cars in front of you and behind you and them right behind you stuck....
Old 12-19-2005, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by jvick125
I usually aim belly button area then proceed up the chest and to the head until they fall down.

But in a lesser case scenario, I would do like Matt (sonic) and do lane changes and turns.
Dude, it's 2 in the chest, 1 in the pumpkin.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
driving the wrong way down a one way street usually gets rid of the less die hard followers. Driving through a PD parking lot also helps. But in a real pinch I just drive up the ramp into the rolling Knight Foundation semi.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
:rotfl: man you guys live exciting lives.

i've discovered a good way to loose people on the highway... look for a semi, come up on it from one side, pass it, cross over to the other side of it and slow down a bit. i've lost a few chp who were pacing me (no lights yet) that way.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by RussB
:rotfl: man you guys live exciting lives.

i've discovered a good way to loose people on the highway... look for a semi, come up on it from one side, pass it, cross over to the other side of it and slow down a bit. i've lost a few chp who were pacing me (no lights yet) that way.
OK smokey. ... wawit wan't that Fletch with the kid in the red convertable that was trying to steal it?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 AM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Dude, it's 2 in the chest, 1 in the pumpkin.
Oaf likes to leave them septic if they survive. piercing the intestions/GI track is the easiest way to a long painful death.

i had some clowns try to follow me home from Sac raceway after the wed night drags in my old civic after i had won a trophy one night back when i was into FF drag racing...
i noticed bouncy pop-up style headlights (rearly accord) and those yellow fogs w/ the rainbow tint to them in my rear view when i got on the freeway at bradshaw.
i didn't think much of them since a lot of people had left at the same time...
remember that this was around 97-98 so there was NOTHING in folsom yet, so about Iron Point Rd. they were still trailing back there about 6-7 car lengths...traffic had thinned out by then and i could def see that it was the same car. coming up onto EDH grade i knew they were tailing me, but i had lots of time to think...
i knew enough backroads around there and i also knew by the excessive headlight bouncing that they were on cut springs and knew my suspension setup could out swing them on any twisty road...and i was sure i could loose them without a problem.

these guys were bold enough to follow me all the way through the stoplights in pville where it slows to a 40 mph zone. that's where i got a good glimpse of the dark red/maroon ~89 accord with white racing stripes following me.
they tried to drop back but got within about a car length unintentionally when i slowed for the 40 zone...
at the time i was living at home with my parents still so i was headed to pollock pines...
i guess they assumed it was too far for them to travel or too obvious they were tailing me (since it was the only other car around at this point), cus they flipped a U-turn on the freeway right after the wall right before camino/apple hill area and headed back towards sac.
i guarantee if i lived in sac/folsom/cp/pville and i wouldn't have noticed, they would have jacked my car that night.
lucky for me, they hadn't counted on me living all the way up in pollock.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
? worked for me on 80 at least 3 times.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I usually just double back slightly, or take the ridiculiously long way to where I'm going. That way, if they are following you, they just made it obvious.

At that point, well... I've never reached the point where someone actually was following me.

Quick Reply: what would you do if you were being followed? (was: got a question)