Car Info: 2001 Miata NB
Weds...

yeah. its wednesday. what ever...

Originally Posted by GT35 STI
it's probably all the energy you expel by cussing out all your 'friends'

dip****

wtf are you talking about...
Old 06-27-2007, 02:57 AM

Car Info: Dying is not an option. It's an upgrade.
Meh!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:21 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by WRXSTIFTW
yeah. its wednesday. what ever...

wtf are you talking about...
just heard a rumor through the grape-vine... your attitude towards your 'friends' is going to come back to bite you in the ***...
Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
This week is going by fairly quickly

Also...anyone know why the fawk in some videos/mp3s I play the volume will fluxuate every so often? Some stuff I notice are a variable bit rate where it will jump to 128 to 196 to 320 and back over again. It gets REALLY annoying and I don't get it. I thought it was maybe the sound card or bad drivers maybe. This ish is really puzzling me
Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by WRXSTIFTG
damn dude, even im thinner than you? w0000000t! (for me at least)
And I'm even down about 10 pounds from a few months ago. The funny thing is, my work had this health screening thing a while back, and they show me as being "obese". So a few days ago someone from Blue Shield calls and she's asking questions like how much do I work out and have I seen the Dr. to check my cholesterol, etc. Then she asks if I want to join their weight management plan...I'm like, no, all I have to do is more cardio (I had stopped doing cardio regularly for quite a few months). That made me chuckle.

So how's the gym going Jeremy?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:49 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7

Also...anyone know why the fawk in some videos/mp3s I play the volume will fluxuate every so often? Some stuff I notice are a variable bit rate where it will jump to 128 to 196 to 320 and back over again. It gets REALLY annoying and I don't get it. I thought it was maybe the sound card or bad drivers maybe. This ish is really puzzling me
The bitrate for VBR MP3's is supposed to jump around, hence the term "variable". But volume shouldn't jump. What player/decoder are you using?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by T-Will
And I'm even down about 10 pounds from a few months ago. The funny thing is, my work had this health screening thing a while back, and they show me as being "obese". So a few days ago someone from Blue Shield calls and she's asking questions like how much do I work out and have I seen the Dr. to check my cholesterol, etc. Then she asks if I want to join their weight management plan...I'm like, no, all I have to do is more cardio (I had stopped doing cardio regularly for quite a few months). That made me chuckle.

So how's the gym going Jeremy?
Your mom is all the cardio I need

Originally Posted by T-Will
The bitrate for VBR MP3's is supposed to jump around, hence the term "variable". But volume shouldn't jump. What player/decoder are you using?
I was thinking it could be the codec/player. I'm currently using winamp, but not sure of what version. I'll check later to see if iTunes does the same thing when I play muzack. When I play my cds or mp3s transfered to a burned cd or my ipod it plays no problem.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:18 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Ugh...soooo much to do.......so little time....
Old 06-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
me wants my ****ing car back.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Ugh...soooo much to do.......so little time....
Can you vulcanize my tires please?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:17 AM

Car Info: Sline
MSNBC's iPhone review

It's a long article, so here are the highlights.

It’s a superbly engineered, cleverly designed and imaginatively implemented approach to a problem that no one has cracked to date: merging a phone handset, an Internet navigator and a media player in a package where every component shines, and the features are welcoming rather than foreboding. The iPhone is the rare convergence device where things actually converge.

The best thing about the way this handles e-mail is that the message content shows up vividly. It nicely manages JPEGs, HTML and PDFs. (The iPhone can also open Word and Excel attachments, though you can’t edit them.) I had some problems with one of my accounts—sometimes the mail was blocked, other times it wouldn’t send outgoing mail. Apple looked into it and told me that it has something to do with my ISP blocking Port 25. Their engineers suggested a fix and said that this was something that would probably be addressed in an update. Still, this is an explanation someone paying $500 for an e-mail device shouldn’t have to hear.

Workout lovers will want to keep their Nanos and Shuffles for the gym. And heavy music users accustomed to 30 or 80 gigabytes of storage will be unhappy at the limited capacity of the iPhone. (Of the 8 gigs on my iPhone, I now have 669 songs, one three-hour movie, three half-hour television episodes, 361 photos, and a bit of “other,” meaning e-mail and contacts. It’s almost full.) [You can't use the iTunes store on the phone.]

The 2-megapixel camera works decently (though I sometimes hit the shutter unintentionally). It’s easy to send a picture, make it your wallpaper or assign it to a contact.

What about flaws? First is the difficulty of using a virtual keyboard that pops up on the screen when it’s time to enter text. So far, I’m nowhere close. It took me a couple of days to get used to hitting the right keys using a single finger. If you are considering a phone primarily to monitor and reply to mail, you may stick to your Blackberry.

One day I purposely ran the battery down; the iPhone winked out after 14 hours, including six hours of talking, Web-browsing, music-listening and the viewing of an episode of “Weeds.”

One more intractable problem is Apple’s decision to use the slower EDGE data network, as opposed to a faster 3G net. The EDGE network actually has two speeds, and when you’re on the slower one, Web pages load up with what feels like dial-up speed.

Bottom line: ven those who never buy one will benefit from its advances, as competitors have already taken Apple’s achievements as a wake-up call to improve their own products. But for all its virtues, the iPhone is still a risky venture because it’s yet to be proven that, despite the wow factor, millions of people are ready to pay several hundred dollars more than the going rate for phones.

But in the future—when the iPhone has more applications and offers more performance, with a lower price—buyers will find even more value. So smart consumers may well wait for that day.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 AM

Stupid Iranians
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...rss_topstories
Old 06-27-2007, 08:32 AM

Car Info: Sline
Maybe we should try that to help lower gas prices.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
good morning
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Ace

Car Info: 2000 RS
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
i hope it goes quicker

Quick Reply: Weds...