street racing in Elk Grove claims innocent victim

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 03:22 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
posted at SacBee.com by reader in response to story on crash:

Originally Posted by streetracer at 12:00 PM PST Saturday, June 3, 2006 wrote:
This is young idiot drivers speeding and not paying attention,all three vehicles.2 cars speeding and 1 not paying attention.Speed was the determining factor,but street racing?NO.Street racing is when people meet up somewhere deserted and quiet,late at night and away from the generel populace to race and hang out.We dont bother anyone and we are serious about our cars.And we DO NOT race in broad daylight down a residential street nor do we do it in a populated area,this was just stupidity.If all of you(press,cops,citizens)really cared about stopping this you would help us find a place where we could hang out and race relatively safely.And Sac Raceway is not what i mean.They close too early,and its too structured of a program,no fun for street racers.How about that seldom used airstrip by the county branch in Elk Grove?Perfect.Help us find a place to do this.We are not criminals,we are not druggies,we are not hoodlums,we are car people,we have jobs,we pay taxes,we own homes.We just enjoy the ambience of going out to the boonies somewhere meeting up with other people like us and putting our skills(at improving a car performance)to the test.We dont do it for money,we do it for fun and notoriety within our group.And by the way,these stupid fast and furious movies,yeah,its nothing like that.My condolences to the family that lost theyre child in this wreckless driving incident.
I love this. In his first sentence, he blames the Honda driver for "not paying attention." LOL

Damn, the writer above sounds like a model citizen. Please join me in a round of applause.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 06-03-2006, 03:41 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX TR
My friends and I are pretty sure we know who was driving the white camaro. He is a punk who is constantly racing and is notorious for driving stupid . He wrecked the car once before and I think he just got it back. He hangs out with a bunch of "street racers" (including a GTO than almost crashed into my friend)
Old 06-03-2006, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
posted at SacBee.com by reader in response to story on crash:

I love this. In his first sentence, he blames the Honda driver for "not paying attention." LOL

Damn, the writer above sounds like a model citizen. Please join me in a round of applause.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
That guy is an idiot, just because it wasn't in the middle of nowhere and it was in the mdidle of the day they weren't racing? What exactly would you call it, because to me it sounded like they were racing on a public street . . .
Old 06-03-2006, 04:50 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by jdepould
That guy is an idiot, just because it wasn't in the middle of nowhere and it was in the mdidle of the day they weren't racing? What exactly would you call it, because to me it sounded like they were racing on a public street . . .
i agree with you. but he also does make a valid point. the media is very quick to call any accident street racing. in this case i do believe they are correct, it does seem that it was a street race, if not there were being freakin idiots by speeding fast enough to do that much damage. hes also right that there are 2 very distinct types of street racers. there are the "street light to street light heros" and then the people that are fairly smart about it. and do it in the safest way possible, and just for competition with friends. i in no way condone street racing, i am just giving my observation.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by TitanSTI
i agree with you. but he also does make a valid point. the media is very quick to call any accident street racing. in this case i do believe they are correct, it does seem that it was a street race, if not there were being freakin idiots by speeding fast enough to do that much damage. hes also right that there are 2 very distinct types of street racers. there are the "street light to street light heros" and then the people that are fairly smart about it. and do it in the safest way possible, and just for competition with friends. i in no way condone street racing, i am just giving my observation.
Yeah, ever since the first fast and furious there's been this huge misrepresentation of modified cars (usually imports) and racing, regardless . . . it's nice that they try and make sure that they're doing their thing in areas where the danger is minimized, but at the end of the day, they're still racing on public roads. While we're on the topic, what's the deal with street racers getting down on organized events?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B

it's truth the quote
" Earlier this year, a street race turned deadly in Citrus Heights when a 25-year-old Rancho Cordova man struck a tree."

I know the story behind this accident, they claimed street racing just because the car that struck the man was a mustang, I know the kid who hit the guy infact I am very good friends with him and he isn't the kind to street race, and swears to me he was not street racing. What happened was my friend was driving, and the guy just pulled out infront with him. The man who died already has one DUI against him, and wasn't even wearing his seat belt... Now my friend is facing felony counts and vehicilar manslaughter. My friend admits to going 60mph(which i'm pretty sure everyone has done driving down sunrise in light traffic, accident happened at about 8:30pm, the guy was also mexican and was on his way to a cinco de mayo party so he might have been intoxicated). His dad owns a repo business, and he was in a repo'd car there is no way this kid would risk his dads business to street race some car that was never even found.

Kinda lame sometimes when the media claims street racing, when it was not.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:54 PM

Car Info: WRX '03
really sad end
Old 06-04-2006, 12:20 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
very true

accident involving a modified vehichle does not automaticaly mean street racing !!
Old 06-04-2006, 12:24 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
That stretch of road is very much a race track. I am about 3 minutes away from that road and I try to stay away from it since it turns into one lane. It would have been more of a mess if he made it to Elk Grove Blvd at that speed and not be able to stop if the light was red. Now everyone's gonna be on the P.D.'s **** list if your car looks close to being modified.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:53 AM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
its gonna be interesting when there are a lot of accidents this summer and the media is going to call them "street drifting" accidents.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
its gonna be interesting when there are a lot of accidents this summer and the media is going to call them "street drifting" accidents.
"If you are not out of control.. you are not IN control"
Old 06-04-2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
"If you are not out of control.. you are not IN control"
I cringe every time I see that preview, because half of the stuff they say isn't even right.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
If those guys had waited to race just ONE more light up they would have been on the section with no cross traffic & this would have never happened.... ***in idiots
Old 06-04-2006, 01:40 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
if they wouldve just not raced, this wouldnt have happened...when you take a risk like that, eventually something will happen
Old 06-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B

my bet is they will blame the drifting events on "street racing" because it's the "in" thing right now, which if they do I say we all call and complain to the news stations and say IT'S NOT ****ING RACING YOU ****ING IDIOTS...

also IBNEWREPORTABOUTDRIFTERINGBEINGTHENEWINTHINGTHISSU MMER!!!!

Quick Reply: street racing in Elk Grove claims innocent victim