Stolen fog light covers.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Definitely acted as the bigger man, Jarek - glad it got resolved on the high road, no matter how tempting other options are.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Mom pw3nd
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon/2.5rs
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Mom pw3nd
Ahaha could only imagine him getting cought stealing by his mom!

Glad you got your covers back!!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:31 PM

Car Info: 07 rs STi swapped Rotated BW S200SX-56
Angry

Originally Posted by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac
Ok,
Let me just tell you all about my plan.
As you know my STI fog lights covers got stolen from my driveway about 2 weeks ago. Week later I made a post on craigslist saying that I'm converting my wrecked WRX front end to STI and need fog covers. Specifically I mentioned that I need silver ones and I live in Elk Grove
2 days ago someone texted me offering 3 sets of covers, blue and silver with STI decals on them and white - without. I was like OK, can I check them out? He said, yea man, you can stop by now, just one question - where are you coming from? I said - Elk Grove, he said- ok. So I got directions and hit the road. On the way he texted me that he has some emergency and had to go but his mom is gonna show me the covers. That was suspicious. When I arrived he wasn't there. Of course the white covers were mine, how many 04/05 Subies around are painted Hammer White? I explained everything to his mom, she gave me my property back then called him and told to be back home immediately. He got home quickly, very embarassed, apologized to me. Parents said that they are gonna take care of him.
I could knock his front teeth out just like some of you suggested but believe me, it wasn't worth it. Karma is a b!tch and someday will get him anyways.
I got my parts back
I'm glad it wasn't a fellow Subaru owner, just some emo kid.

CASE CLOSED

Glad to hear you got your parts back!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:32 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Originally Posted by SkizzDawg
F'd up stuff.. I would want blood.. Hope you find out who it was.
Originally Posted by VladiWrX
Wow this is terrible.
You know its gotta be some 04-05 wrx/sti owner too since something like that would be useless on anything else.
Hope you see them pop up on someones car or Craigslist.
Also hope you beat the retards that took them to a bloody pulp.
If you keep you car outside I strongly suggest some sort of video surveilance as well. Seen a setup with a couple cameras for like 100 bux at costco a while ago.
Originally Posted by Pearl07STI
f***ing stupid... i hope you find out who did this or something does and exchange some words and possibly some fists to their faces
Originally Posted by i<3dirt
can we all show up at his place?
Originally Posted by fuzzypanda187
I say we roll deep to this ****'s house show him he shouldn't mess with the subie crowd.
^How 'bout all this sh*t, oh let's jus' single me out again, this is exactly why i don't post hella stuff, ****ing nothing but favoritism around here! Oh, & my post was being typed while he posted his warning up, so don't try & twist it all up trying to make me look stupid. This site man is somethin' else when it comes to this...
Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Haha damn bro... I'm glad you got your covers back...
Old 01-31-2012, 09:44 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx love-wagon
diplomacy works! Jarek, you're a true man! Thank you!

Everyone should be thanking you for resolving this issue without any drama or bloodshed.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Reading this pissed me off. Happy to know you got them back. You are much nicer than I. P.s. I hate emo
Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
got to love craigslist lol im glad u got them back, and im glad his mom took ur side, and not her kids side. hope he learns his lesson.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Phil, chill. I wasn't yelling at anyone, and all I did was clean up what came after my post - no offense or harm intended, and I didn't go nuking everything else in the thread, including earlier posts by yourself and others. I know you were probably typing at the same time. Not a big deal.

We're all passionate about our cars - trust me, I get the sentiment - just don't want anything blowing back on any of you guys or the site.

When in doubt (and this goes for everyone*), remember that your post history on the public internet is searchable in many different ways - think about how your words would be perceived by someone without context - because that's what happens when companies do background checks, search for interviews, etc. Don't throw things like vigilante justice out there if you don't want it public knowledge

* Except for Thomas, he's safe. Noone has a chance in hell of rifling through that many posts
Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
Was the mom hot?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX hatchback Automatic SONNNNN!
Originally Posted by STiWRX06
^How 'bout all this sh*t, oh let's jus' single me out again, this is exactly why i don't post hella stuff, ****ing nothing but favoritism around here! Oh, & my post was being typed while he posted his warning up, so don't try & twist it all up trying to make me look stupid. This site man is somethin' else when it comes to this...
Phill your just an easy target because you react.

Also i wasn't saying we should hurt him i was just saying it would be scary as **** if 10 subies rolled up to his place. Besides not knowing who the dude was it would have been safer in that respect.

Glad everything worked out and you got your covers back, hope the owners of the other two sets get theirs back too.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by sybir
Phil, chill. I wasn't yelling at anyone, and all I did was clean up what came after my post - no offense or harm intended, and I didn't go nuking everything else in the thread, including earlier posts by yourself and others. I know you were probably typing at the same time. Not a big deal.

We're all passionate about our cars - trust me, I get the sentiment - just don't want anything blowing back on any of you guys or the site.

When in doubt (and this goes for everyone*), remember that your post history on the public internet is searchable in many different ways - think about how your words would be perceived by someone without context - because that's what happens when companies do background checks, search for interviews, etc. Don't throw things like vigilante justice out there if you don't want it public knowledge

* Except for Thomas, he's safe. Noone has a chance in hell of rifling through that many posts
I put Stupidchicken as my name on my jerb applications

But seriously, I lol'd
Old 02-07-2012, 10:46 PM

Car Info: subaru 2003
someone should give Jarek an "i-club detective" badge
Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Parents probably in on it.. Once door was close they probably slapped the kid for not fencing his stolen goods properly..

Quick Reply: Stolen fog light covers.....