stock ecu vs. s-squared tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
As I've said before several times in this thread, I never wanted to bash SS, I simply provided Keegan with data of how his car was running and took the time to explain to him what this data means in detail. Considering I provided the data, I felt it was my place to defend the data when the SS fan-boys started trying to attack it with anything and everything they could pull out of their asses. Everything I have to say has been stated here several times and no one else is bringing any unbiased and valid arguments, points, or data to the discussion. I will no longer respond to any blatant and crude attacks on myself with no merit or basis behind them. I feel anyone with a little intelligence can easily see through such statements and through the unfortunate individuals making them. This is my final statement in this thread, so feel free to continue with your unfounded insults and accusations.

Can a mod please move this to the joke thread - I think that is where it belongs...
Old 05-05-2005, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
Ok here is my two cents..

How is the jiffy tune treating you ed? Did you finaly figure out what a wideband is? lambda?

Right.. anyways

stop frightening the locals with your mythical tales of destruction and mayhem. It is as clear as day that you talked keegan up into a ****ing frenzy on his car. All simply to smear or steal away a customer, you even hosted the documents for christs sakes..
As for your magical road dyno VB application that you no doubt submitted as a class project in CS.

GET THE **** OVER IT, its a ****ing novelty at best using a medium such as a public road for a means of tuning a car is about as niave and as stupid as a blonde bimbo walking into a talk on quantum mechniacs. Look you can do all the ****ing calculations you want to infer this and that.. but fact of the matter is you will never EVER be able to ring a real race car out thru all its gears full tilt in a manner that will allow you to REPLICATE that run again. You may get one run but by the time you turn around the road surface, wind speed, humidity, etc will all be different. It may be useful as mental ************ but you will never come near the utillity of a load bearing dyno in a climate controlled shop. NO WHERE. So i would suggest you get off your lazy little ****ing *** and make a ****ign choose. Are you going to tune or are you going to be a frat boy? One or the other stop half ****ing assing it man, go get a buisness license, go get a shop, and a loan for a dyno. Then you can start actually doing something in this realm. Until then you aint ****, and never will be ****. For gods sakes i had to ****ing roast your fudge packing *** so that you would get a ****ign wideband for a few hundred bucks so you wouldnt blow up all of your **** sniffing clients cars!

Seriously, you may have a following in davis, you may be a cool guy, you may be a lot of things. BUt from what i have seen you are some little cs major who thinks he knows **** about EFI tuning from hanging out with No-Speed (ispeed) and doing a bit of twaeking on a few buddies cars. Look if you want to be taken seriously then get a ****ing shop, get a ****ing buisness license, and build a ****ing buisness. Stop trying to hustle the idiots amongst us to do your marketing for you. You can try and sit here and take the high road all you ****ing want but I as well as others here see right thru your bull****. This was never about the good for the community as a whole, this was never about keegan, this was about you seeing a chance to capitalize on a mistake of another memeber of this community.

In my eyes you will allways be a douche. plain and ****ing simple, i mean ME of all ****ing people had to tell you about why using a WIDEBAND would be a good idea while tuning cars.. I mean for ****s sake im not even a tuner, just some *******.

PS If you ever take a class from Bishop pay attention to it, maybe one day you can be as cool as i am
Well said Dre.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:40 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Car Info: "Why Warthog sir?"
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Please one more time.
Don't derail this.
Por favor.

how am i derailing? i didnt exactly understand what he ment about it being fun reading these.

EQ - Yes, most of the people on here are bias and are fan-boys. Don't let them get you down. If you have fun doing road tuning and your customers are not complaining, more power to you. So far I have not heard of you blowing up any engines, neither of S-S. So best of luck to you.

BTW, idealy i think you would make quite an impression if you ever did open up a shop in the future and get a dyno. that way you can have the best of both worlds and make up for what the other technique is lacking.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
Seriously, you may have a following in davis, you may be a cool guy...

PS If you ever take a class from Bishop pay attention to it, maybe one day you can be as cool as i am

i would like to go on record as stating that i have never acknoledged dre as a cool person
k tia
Old 05-06-2005, 01:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
im not cool im a ****ing internet ********..

no joke..

seriously tho, ed you may have the best of intentions but you have a ****load to learn about being and running a profesional buisness.

Not knocking you to much but you just need to learn up a bit on how **** runs and proper behaviour.

Now i have to go finish a ****ing report..
Old 05-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Originally Posted by MARKSTI
I think we can all see what Ed has to gain with this....

In two weeks he hopes to be the new owner of S-S..LOL...please, give the "i wanted to help somebody out for free cause i felt for him" thing up.

Given out free hot dogs and tryyin to road tune cars in the park to either steal maps, or second guess other peoples tunes...HAHA.

I will shut up now, and go back to the BIAC, where i belong.
Wow this is coming from someone that has been put on the back burner for 6 months now ( I've seen your car numerous times) and your **** still isn't done!!
This is a very bold statement, Ed was just trying to warn the guy not to beat on his car, get it retuned. I've seen alot of s-s cars out at the sac raceway pulling ugly times, 270HP and trapping 97 to 99 MPH. So having the ecu make the same amount of power doesn't surprise me one bit.

Didn't you miss the race with the viper.....
Old 05-06-2005, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by gilmore25
I've seen alot of s-s cars out at the sac raceway pulling ugly times, 270HP and trapping 97 to 99 MPH. So having the ecu make the same amount of power doesn't surprise me one bit.
Sir, if you would kindly remove your head from your anus, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comparing drag times isn't necesarilly a viable comparison source, as the differences in drivers more than makes up for any variation that you could blame on tuning differences. Please come back when you have a worthwhile argument, and not trying to start another flame war.

Sincerely,

Mr. Josh "kidatari" Horowitz
Old 05-06-2005, 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=kidatari]Sir, if you would kindly remove your head from your anus, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comparing drag times isn't necesarilly a viable comparison source, as the differences in drivers more than makes up for any variation that you could blame on tuning differences. Please come back when you have a worthwhile argument, and not trying to start another flame war.

Sincerely,

Well out of all the drivers I've seen run I would hope that one would know how to drive there own car, are you now telling me that these guys don't know how to drive there cars properly?.

Back in the day the drap strip was the only way to know what numbers your engine was putting out, take your trap speed and go weigh the car after the run and run the numbers to see what hp your car was putting out. Not all this dyno Queen stuff that happens today.

Not trying to start stuff just the facts,
Old 05-06-2005, 07:02 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Car Info: "Why Warthog sir?"
[QUOTE=gilmore25]
Originally Posted by kidatari
Sir, if you would kindly remove your head from your anus, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Well out of all the drivers I've seen run I would hope that one would know how to drive there own car, are you now telling me that these guys don't know how to drive there cars properly?.

Back in the day the drap strip was the only way to know what numbers your engine was putting out, take your trap speed and go weigh the car after the run and run the numbers to see what hp your car was putting out. Not all this dyno Queen stuff that happens today.

Ya know, Sac Raceway isn't exactly the best raceway. Their strip is uneven and timing is off compared to the "bigger and better" strips.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:13 PM
VIP Member

You fail to understand the physics of launching an AWD car. Only people who have no mechanical sympathy for their cars will ever really do a proper AWD launch. A lot of WRX owners tend to be more gentle launching their cars, for fear of destroying the transmission. Also, not everyone can drive their cars 'properly' at the drag strip, because not everyone is a seasoned drag racing veteran. The best way to get better is tightening the nut behind the wheel, eh? Most people go to the strip to have fun, and learn how to do it properly. The only way to really get a good comparison, is to have the same driver drive both cars.

Ah yes, but that still isn't very accurate. In reality, a good portion of it is bench racing-- trying to figure out your horsepower via a huge number of variables, which will never really be accurate. Similar to a 'road dyno.' With the introduction to dynos into the tuner society, we now have an actual way to compute HP numbers, instead of guessing. Granted, each dyno has it's own ins and outs, but it is a valid method of simulating resistance, and therefore computing horsepower. And, one of the most important parts, it's consistant. This is where drag racing fails as a comparison. You could have fudged your launch, or not got off the clutch as fast as you should have duing the run. The track surface could be different. It's neat, but it isn't a viable alternative to getting your power from a dyno.

Then please try to keep your posts informative, and do not flame bait. Thank you.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by topnotchwrx
Ya know, Sac Raceway isn't exactly the best raceway. Their strip is uneven and timing is off compared to the "bigger and better" strips.

I don't know if you've both track sears points and sac, but I've ran the same times at both and so has MarkSTI if I'am not mistaken, along with some of my evo buddies, and honda friends. It all comes down to the car making the power you were told safely.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by kidatari
You fail to understand the physics of launching an AWD car. Only people who have no mechanical sympathy for their cars will ever really do a proper AWD launch. A lot of WRX owners tend to be more gentle launching their cars, for fear of destroying the transmission. Also, not everyone can drive their cars 'properly' at the drag strip, because not everyone is a seasoned drag racing veteran. The best way to get better is tightening the nut behind the wheel, eh? Most people go to the strip to have fun, and learn how to do it properly. The only way to really get a good comparison, is to have the same driver drive both cars.

Ah yes, but that still isn't very accurate. In reality, a good portion of it is bench racing-- trying to figure out your horsepower via a huge number of variables, which will never really be accurate. Similar to a 'road dyno.' With the introduction to dynos into the tuner society, we now have an actual way to compute HP numbers, instead of guessing. Granted, each dyno has it's own ins and outs, but it is a valid method of simulating resistance, and therefore computing horsepower. And, one of the most important parts, it's consistant. This is where drag racing fails as a comparison. You could have fudged your launch, or not got off the clutch as fast as you should have duing the run. The track surface could be different. It's neat, but it isn't a viable alternative to getting your power from a dyno.

Then please try to keep your posts informative, and do not flame bait. Thank you.

Dude I've seen a vishnu tuned car making 240ish hp run a 13.4 with a 2.4 60ft traping 104ish, then the next car same lane was a s-s tuned car making close to 250 and braggin ran a 14.0 at 97 with a 2.1 60ft. (better driver)

Main thing is ppl don't spend 5k on a turbo upgrade to go out to the track and run 14's when other tuners cars are running 12's
Old 05-06-2005, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I will willingly admit that I can't launch my car worth a damn at the track.

And if you're trying to deny, even for a second, that the driver doesn't play a huge role in drag racing, you're very misinformed. If you paid attention to the Wednesday drag racing thread, which I know you are, you'd see that the guys who go consistently, such as Rivers, or Killian Maynard, you'd see that their times have improved drastically as they've practiced their launch techniques.

If you're going to cite data to make claims, you should take in to account all of the data, not just that which supports your opinion.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

Dude I've seen a vishnu tuned car making 240ish hp run a 13.4 with a 2.4 60ft traping 104ish, then the next car same lane was a s-s tuned car making close to 250 and braggin ran a 14.0 at 97 with a 2.1 60ft. (better driver)

Main thing is ppl don't spend 5k on a turbo upgrade to go out to the track and run 14's when other tuners cars are running 12's
Hello fanboy!~

It's also possible that people spend 5k on a turbo upgrade, and don't take their cars to the track. Oh, and a 10hp difference does not equate to a .6sec difference. Even with dyno differences.

And just because someone got a better launch, doesn't mean that they're a better driver.

Please get a clue, and stop trying to prove me wrong. Because even if I'm wrong, I'll still drag you down into the hole with me, and beat you senseless until you give up. Thank you come again.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I will willingly admit that I can't launch my car worth a damn at the track.

And if you're trying to deny, even for a second, that the driver doesn't play a huge role in drag racing, you're very misinformed. If you paid attention to the Wednesday drag racing thread, which I know you are, you'd see that the guys who go consistently, such as Rivers, or Killian Maynard, you'd see that their times have improved drastically as they've practiced their launch techniques.

If you're going to cite data to make claims, you should take in to account all of the data, not just that which supports your opinion.

Yes I do visit this forum, but I mostly get my information hands on, being out there every wednesday. Listening to what ppl are saying.

I haven't seen you in a long time what times did you run?
Didn't you make like 270ish to the wheels?

Quick Reply: stock ecu vs. s-squared tune