Sti Wing on a wrx

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
they dont say sti and im not posing it as a sti since those rims were never released on a usdm sti they are considered jdm and thats it. now if i had bbs rims that would be different

and since i know someone will mention it. yes i have a v8 cluster but thats because the v8 cluster is super badarse (going to turn the sti logo off) along with black chrome headlights/HID's.

I keep it real tho and still rock the wrx badge and the subaru lettering on the wingless trunk

good try
um, if you have v7 STi wheels, whether or not they say STi, you are just as much of a "poser" Do you honestly think anyone with a bugeye is trying to fool people into thinking their car is an STi? No. I made a point of taking off the STi badging too. You sir, are moronic. In addition, no one cares if you think the wing is hideous or not have a nice day

Zing!

to add to my original post the only wing that you could excuse sti or not is the carbon fiber one, why because it JDM, works and its optional. OH and the v7 ra wing since it was never offered here.
well by that logic an STi wing on a bugeye is ok since the bugeye STi never was offered here. But you cannot honestly use that excuse since you all are calling people posers for having something on their car that didn't come stock on theirs, but did on someone else's, which is exactly what the spec-c wing, jdm wheels, or any other oem or oem-knock off part is. Your logic has too many holes

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 04-11-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
Sure, we could do that.

Sounds like you sir, are the poser. All you're worried about is what other people think about your car & how "exclusive" & "JDM" your parts are I got the wing cause the car didnt feel as stable as i wanted at high speed & guess what? now it is. I had the car for over a year without doing a single exterior mod so im hardly a poser.
dude go change your bong water

more stable? says who your buttunnel? that wing does nothing for your car. call soa they'll tell you its USELESS. please stop making lame excuses about why you have a sti wing.

and sorry to burst your bubble but i could care less what a pothead thinks of my car
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
dude go change your bong water

more stable? says who your buttunnel? that wing does nothing for your car. call soa they'll tell you its USELESS. please stop making lame excuses about why you have a sti wing.

and sorry to burst your bubble but i could care less what a pothead thinks of my car
Well i could care less what you think about my car... and sure the wing does nothing if you're driving 50 but its a different story at 130.... not my fault your car cant go fast enough to utilize a wing you slow bastard.
VIP Member

oh yeah, and anyone with edm/jdm lights is a poser, trying to make people think their car is edm/jdm....psh...***s
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MBasile
um, if you have v7 STi wheels, whether or not they say STi, you are just as much of a "poser" Do you honestly think anyone with a bugeye is trying to fool people into thinking their car is an STi? No. I made a point of taking off the STi badging too. You sir, are moronic. In addition, no one cares if you think the wing is hideous or not have a nice day
never said you should care did i?

well by that logic an STi wing on a bugeye is ok since the bugeye STi never was offered here
true true i guess im mostly talking about 04+ wrx's
Old 04-11-2007, 10:47 AM
VIP Member

Well i could care less what you think about my car... and sure the wing does nothing if you're driving 50 but its a different story at 130.... not my fault your car cant go fast enough to utilize a wing you slow bastard.
is this happens when your high or sober?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

never said you should care did i?
no, but you do seem to think very highly of your opinions of others

true true i guess im mostly talking about 04+ wrx's
but then you've still included those that take off the STi badging. And you've neglected to mention how the people, with WRX wings or wingless that put on STi badges are posers.

But lets not forget the biggest omission. You said people that put STi wings on a WRX are only doing it so others will think their car is an STi (will skip how grand of an assumption that is for now) but what about the STi owners that put on a WRX wing or go wingless and actually say they are doing it so people think their car is a wrx/rs? Wouldn't they be posers too? Albeit they are going in the opposite direction compared to most "posers" but wouldn't they still be posers by your definition? Or do they have clearance to do so since you think their car will look good that way?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

well by that logic an STi wing on a bugeye is ok since the bugeye STi never was offered here. But you cannot honestly use that excuse since you all are calling people posers for having something on their car that didn't come stock on theirs, but did on someone else's, which is exactly what the spec-c wing, jdm wheels, or any other oem or oem-knock off part is. Your logic has too many holes
come on its not that hard is it? i guess if you say my logic has hole and you dont see were im coming from then thats cool
Old 04-11-2007, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

come on its not that hard is it? i guess if you say my logic has hole and you dont see were im coming from then thats cool
I'm just saying you cant call one thing ghey or poserish just because you don't like the look, but ignore other things that obviously fall under the same category.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

But lets not forget the biggest omission. You said people that put STi wings on a WRX are only doing it so others will think their car is an STi (will skip how grand of an assumption that is for now) but what about the STi owners that put on a WRX wing or go wingless and actually say they are doing it so people think their car is a wrx/rs? Wouldn't they be posers too? Albeit they are going in the opposite direction compared to most "posers" but wouldn't they still be posers by your definition? Or do they have clearance to do so since you think their car will look good that way?

taking the wing off a sti is like ripping out a useless srs or alarm sticker on the window... its there for no reason so taking off usless stuff is ok
Old 04-11-2007, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Subaru
P-WRC driver Toshi Arai: "Downforce at the rear has dramatically improved with the group N machine since the roof vane was installed. Group N uses production cars, so I don't expect the regulation will apply to this category in the future either. If we didn't have the roof vane, we'd have to re-shape the front bumper and reassess a huge number of aspects on the car including suspension settings and machine height."
Source: http://www.subaru-msm.com/global/fea...rSWRT/136.html

Man that toshi sure is an idiot... im sure he has no idea what hes talking about

You're a true ***, go play with your slow *** JDM wannabe.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM
VIP Member

taking the wing off a sti is like ripping out a useless srs or alarm sticker on the window... its there for no reason so taking off usless stuff is ok
you seemed to ignore the part where I said I was referring to the sti drivers that remove is specifically so their car looks like a wrx/rs. I never mention removing it on the basis of your opinion of the functionality
Old 04-11-2007, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

oh, and heres a clip from a review of the RA-R talking about the absence of the STi wing

"The car's cornering ability is really impressive. The RA-R turns in sharper and faster than any STI to date, and it carves your intended line with surgical precision. The bright yellow RA-R looks half naked without the WRX STI's telltale rear wing, but the STI engineers tell us that the lack of rear downforce helps to "get the tail around quicker," which is what this car is all about."
Old 04-11-2007, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Hes just trolling... hes obviously an idiot if he thinks something that HUGE has no effect on airflow.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Source: http://www.subaru-msm.com/global/fea...rSWRT/136.html

Man that toshi sure is an idiot... im sure he has no idea what hes talking about

You're a true ***, go play with your slow *** JDM wannabe.

do you know what you just quoted bahahaha

you sir are as lame as they get

Quick Reply: Sti Wing on a wrx