Spring '08 CSUS Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Car Info: The ladies wild
Right there with you guys. It will be amazing if I can get into 1 class at this point...does anyone know how that works? Say I can't get any classes this semester. Do I get disqualified and then have to re-apply?
Old 01-30-2008, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
You only have to reapply if you miss two consecutive semesters.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by nachomc
Yeah I'm not looking forward to the additional time. I'm going to probably take one semester or more off, so that I can do the testing for the MBA program and get in to it. The way I look at the time investment is that I can either do it now, and get it out of the way, or I can potentially find myself in a position where I need to go through the program in 5-10 years from now, but have other commitments that would make it very, very difficult to complete. Right now, other than my wife and job, I have no responsibilities, so I'm going to just get it done.
There are positives to taking some time off and there are negatives too.

Not sure of your situation, but actually having a real job gives you some perspective once you get back into school, and really helps with applying what the prof is going over. If your goal is to actually take anything away from the courses this is a positive. If you just want a grade, well then it doesn't matter.

The downside is realizing how much free time you have without school, and not wanting to give it all up. I remember doing 18 units and working 50hrs weeks one semester. How I lived through that without doing crank I'll never know. Now two classes a week pisses me off.

I'd take a few years off, and start on a career path before going back. Unless you add kids into things, going back won't be too hard.

Saddest part about the CSUS MBA program is that it mostly draws from former CSUS business students, and a LOT of them were/are dumbasses.