Someone signaled to pull me over(undercover maybe??)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Question Someone signaled to pull me over(undercover maybe??)

Ok here’s a little background.
Southport Parkway is a long desolate 4 lane strip located in the Westside of Sacramento. There are no shoulders just marsh land all around the strip. There are new housing developments out there but for the most part it’s the industrial part of Sacramento.

Ok so check this. It was about 9:50pm and was heading up Southport parkway when all of a sudden I see this car coming up behind me. I checked my speed, (limit was 45)I was doing 52. He comes up behind me then turns on a red light that was attached to his front windshield. I asked myself “Why is this dude going to pop me for going +7 miles? There are no other cars out here, WTH?” So I pull to the other lane and begin to slow down to 30 mph. He then proceeded to zoom by me. I saw the car but didn't see the driver. It was a 4 door red dodge sedan with all four tinted windows and the red plastic was broken from the left taillight I wanted to speed up to catch up to him to see the driver but I said to myself, "If that's an undercover, I really don't want to get pulled over and have my car ticketed (reasons I will not discuss over a forum)" I didn't catch his plates but his registration tags were up to date.

Any thoughts on why he tried to flag me down? Also, was it a cop or just someone who was impersonating an officer??
Old 02-06-2005, 11:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
that is wierd. i have seen some of the older dodge intrepid's used as unmarked poilce cars, but that was a few years ago.

i believe (but i'm sure RC51Driver can clarify) that if you're unsure if the vehicle in question is a legitimate police vehicle or not, you can turn on your hazards, slow down, and proceed to a well lit and populated area.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:23 AM

Car Info: puppy hauler
Originally Posted by nKoan
As far as I know, you don't have to pull over for an unmarked car ever. Especially if you feel unsafe. Of course, RC51 can fill us in on the actual law.

Also, I believe it's illegial to be moving with your hazards on.
I don't think that it is illegal to drive with hazards. Its a good way to let traffic know something is up, whether it be with your vehicle or the road conditions up ahead.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:09 AM

Car Info: 04' wrx
As far as I know, you don't have to pull over for an unmarked car ever. Especially if you feel unsafe. Of course, RC51 can fill us in on the actual law.

Hazards are for use if your stopped or traveling under 25mph or 45mph on the highway. I also really good to stay visible in foggy or whiteout situations. Of course there is a good chance that if either of these two occur you will be traveling well below the speed limit. I am not sure of the actual law though. This is just how i use my hazards.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:02 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
...Southport Parkway is a long desolate 4 lane strip located in the Westside of Sacramento. There are no shoulders just marsh land all around the strip. There are new housing developments out there but for the most part it’s the industrial part of Sacramento.

Ok so check this. It was about 9:50pm...I really don't want to get pulled over and have my car ticketed (reasons I will not discuss over a forum)...

You running moonshine again?
Old 02-07-2005, 07:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
there is a number, that I was told, that you can call.... I think it was *77, I cannot remember exactly. It puts you through to the local dispatch and you can ask them if there are any unmarked officers (whereever you are). They'll ask where you are, then send out an announcement to all officers for them to report in if they are in the area that you said. They will either tell you, yes it is an officer or no it is not.... if not, they will tell you to proceed to a well lit area where other officers will be waiting to intercept the impersonator.

yeah, if you feel uncomfortable pulling over out in the middle of nowhere... put your hazards on and proceed to a well lit area that is somewhat populated. Then if the officer asks what you are doing (he usually won't) just explain to him that you were uncomfortable pulling over in the middle of nowhere and he will be understanding about it.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
That number (*77) isn't standard, and I don't think it works in California. Your best bet is to figure out what the non-emergency dispatch number is for your area (might even have to go with the 7 or 10 digit number)
Old 02-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Not if you win the race!!!!

Old 02-07-2005, 08:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Just report it to the Sheriff Dept or Local LEO authority.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by Salty
Just report it to the Sheriff Dept or Local LEO authority.
Yea I plan to do that.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Yea I plan to do that.
then do it already
Old 02-07-2005, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
five-o!!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Was he just trying to get you out of his way so he could get somewhere in a minor hurry?
Old 02-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
Was he just trying to get you out of his way so he could get somewhere in a minor hurry?
It was an open road. He could have just passed me up in the other lane.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Did you pull the Jedi mind trick on him at the last second?

"This isn't the Ed you are looking for"

Quick Reply: Someone signaled to pull me over(undercover maybe??)