So What Happens When Stupid People Throw Rocks On The Freeway?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:15 PM

Car Info: R.I.P. '02 WR Blue Pearl, Hello '05 OBP STi
So What Happens When Stupid People Throw Rocks On The Freeway?

So I'm taking my friend home last night going North on I-5 in Stockton, just cruising along in the slow lane. About a quarter mile or half mile before the Eight Mile Road exit, I see on my right side a whole bunch of rocks flying my way.

*CRACKLE CRACK CRACKLE*

The rocks hit my windshield, fender and whole right side. There were no cars in back or in front of me. NO ONE...We call 911 right away and tell them there's someone throwing rocks. All they say is..."We'll send someone out there to take a look"

I assess the damage this morning. I have a cracked windshield, a dent in the passenger fender and rear door with some deep chips.

So what happens now? I've already filed a police report but I don't think anything will get done.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
The police probably won't do much, unfortunately. Depending on your deductible, I guess you could file an insurance claim?

Sorry 'bout your car :|
Old 05-15-2005, 02:44 PM

Car Info: wrb wingless sti
that's really weird. it could of been someone coming down that service drive driving, or something flying around from the **** farms (if it was that far down). i think it'd be kinda weird for someone to be throwing rocks near 8 mile. it's the one area of stockton that is actually nice (i live off that exit) plus there's not really anything out there. they'd be like hanign in the weirdest spot ever. but you never with youngen's these days
Old 05-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Yea you do need to watch out for that strip after 8 mile. It's dark between the truck stop and that remote 76 gas station.

It must have been ****in kids. There is a road that goes parallel to the 5.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:58 PM

Car Info: R.I.P. '02 WR Blue Pearl, Hello '05 OBP STi
Originally Posted by munky69
that's really weird. it could of been someone coming down that service drive driving, or something flying around from the **** farms (if it was that far down). i think it'd be kinda weird for someone to be throwing rocks near 8 mile. it's the one area of stockton that is actually nice (i live off that exit) plus there's not really anything out there. they'd be like hanign in the weirdest spot ever. but you never with youngen's these days
It was a little bit before the new AG Spanos office building. No farms as it was residential. I'm thinking someone was hiding in the bushes. After I took my friend home, I had to get on I-5 South I looked over on the other side and there was a car pulled over near the spot where I got hit. I wonder if that guy got hit with the rocks too.

I used the touch up paint on the deep chips. It turned out OK but you can see that something did hit me there.