so only I can manage to get a fix it ticket for my hood scoop sizing....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by nKoan
Oh I see. That was a spelling error. I thought it was an incomplete sentence. I get it now. Sorry, my bad.
!The grammar .police will
Old 05-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I hear Nick is a spelling queen .
Old 05-17-2005, 11:14 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
from what I have heard, he has a CF hood with a stock scoop
Old 05-17-2005, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 2005 SRR WRX
Originally Posted by Ali G
Is your hood scoop stocked sized for your car? <- I am guessing the answer is No...

And is your carbon fiber hood painted the stocked color for your car? <- I am guessing the answer is No...

Just because your exhaust is not too loud does not guarantee that it is legal here in the **** State of California.

You have to pay to play, now it is time to put the stock parts back on the car and get it signed off. What you do after that is up to you...
isr96 has an STI, so his oversized hood scoop is in fact the stock size <-- answer yes

Theres no law that your hood must be painted the stock color or any body panel for that matter, however that doesnt mean it wont draw attention to your car.

About the exhaust, that is ironic because I spoke with isr96 the other day about just that.

You should go to a Suabru dealership, park next to a couple STI's and take a picture of the hoods for a reference.

That sucks man, good luck getting this taken care of through the ever so painstaking process.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:47 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Killian Maynard
You should go to a Suabru dealership, park next to a couple STI's and take a picture of the hoods for a reference.
Excellent idea.
Take a series of pictures showing that the evil CF scoop is the same dimension as the peace-loving factory scoop.
You can use my car and my calibrated tape measure.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:58 AM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Car Info: "Why Warthog sir?"
Originally Posted by Oaf
Excellent idea.
Take a series of pictures showing that the evil CF scoop is the same dimension as the peace-loving factory scoop.
:rotfl:
Old 05-17-2005, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
In 2003, oversized hood scoops were responsible for the death of over 3000 school children and kittens - don't take this matter lightly.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by constellation
In 2003, oversized hood scoops were responsible for the death of over 3000 school children and kittens - don't take this matter lightly.
This was due to a hole in the fabric of time caused by the sheer speed of the bugeye.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:13 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Oaf
Excellent idea.
And please stress that the same car you drive is used by the Burlington Maple Factory to go retrieve syrup from their trees. That ticket smells of dodo butter.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
or you can just go visit your friendly local CHP substation and get your tint violation signed off (assuming there is in fact no tint).
Old 05-17-2005, 01:26 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
haha.. I doubt the CHP would even worry about the scoop size if they saw the CVC code used

one thing tho.. do NOT go to court in Folsom, everything will stick. If you have to fight anything, do it my mail
Old 05-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Good luck with the ticket there. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:04 PM

Car Info: 2007 suzuki GSX-R600
Too those who responded.....I have driven by plenty of cops in folsom and every time they have ignored me. Yesterday, I was going east on 50 and took the east bidwell exit and as I came up on the redlight, the officer was on his bike just chillen. I take off extremely slow and bam I'm on the side of the road. The thing that bugs me the most is this hood scoop citation and the fact that he didn't look at my exhaust and just decided to asume. The exhuast needs to go to the state ref and the hood scoop needs to be signed off. No big deal on the hood scoop citation. If I forgot to answer anyones question I will do so tonite
Old 05-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by isr96
Too those who responded.....I have driven by plenty of cops in folsom and every time they have ignored me. Yesterday, I was going east on 50 and took the east bidwell exit and as I came up on the redlight, the officer was on his bike just chillen. I take off extremely slow and bam I'm on the side of the road. The thing that bugs me the most is this hood scoop citation and the fact that he didn't look at my exhaust and just decided to asume. The exhuast needs to go to the state ref and the hood scoop needs to be signed off. No big deal on the hood scoop citation. If I forgot to answer anyones question I will do so tonite
The good thing is that if you get the exhaust OK'd by the ref you are good to go forever. Next time that happens you go.... BAM! and show the paperwork (preferably while revving the **** out of the car).
Old 05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by topnotchwrx
:rotfl:
Seriously, I have a calibrated tape measure...ISO dictates that anything that is used to determine product quality must be calibrated.

Tape Measure = $10
Calibration = $50

Quick Reply: so only I can manage to get a fix it ticket for my hood scoop sizing....