SMUD Yolo/West Sacramento/Davis Annexation

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 11:24 AM

SMUD Yolo/West Sacramento/Davis Annexation

What is everyone's opinion on this? Good/bad? I'd personally love to have SMUD but I'm way up noth in Yuba City.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:16 AM

Car Info: Sline
What's going on? Is SMUD expanding?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Originally Posted by jvick125
What's going on? Is SMUD expanding?

it's trying, PG&E has more or less a monopoly, so it gets my vote.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:58 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
vote for the smud annexation. That crap PG&E is trying to sell you is pure BS.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
gah I dont want it

as a current SMUD customer, I get to help pitch in with fees so SMUD can expand into Yolo. SMUD is basing their estimates on current inoment domain regulations. The basis is around 550 Million for the takeover. There is another inititive (prop 90) on this years ballot that will increase the value of property for inoment domain claims (to help stop local governments taking peoples property and selling it to big buisness). If this does pass (and it should) there is no idea how much it will actually cost since SMUD will need to use inoment domain to claim property. Some estimates say it could run up to 900+ million just for roll-out.

we have no idea how much this is going to cost all the current SMUD customers.

if only the new customers had to pay for it.. sure.. but why should I help flip the bill for other people ?

No on L (for the current SMUD customers).
Old 10-31-2006, 12:33 AM
VIP Member

a big probplem is smud being a goverment enity is subject to public release of all it's info. PG&E is not. so PG&E has been abloe to explot all kinds of political issues and loop holes while hiding all it's info from everyone. All while readign up on Smuds master pan, then goign around it.

PG&E is why it's costing so much.

What if in a football game, one team got both teams play books while the other did not?

Last edited by newyorkreload; 10-31-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
gah I dont want it

as a current SMUD customer, I get to help pitch in with fees so SMUD can expand into Yolo. SMUD is basing their estimates on current inoment domain regulations. The basis is around 550 Million for the takeover. There is another inititive (prop 90) on this years ballot that will increase the value of property for inoment domain claims (to help stop local governments taking peoples property and selling it to big buisness). If this does pass (and it should) there is no idea how much it will actually cost since SMUD will need to use inoment domain to claim property. Some estimates say it could run up to 900+ million just for roll-out.

we have no idea how much this is going to cost all the current SMUD customers.

if only the new customers had to pay for it.. sure.. but why should I help flip the bill for other people ?

No on L (for the current SMUD customers).

Increasing the customer base will only help you in the future. With an inceased number of ratepayers you'll begin to see better economies of scale, and decreased rates. Also, I believe SMUD is planning on keeping rates steady in Sac County, and using the new rate payers to pay for any costs associated with the annexation. I'll have to check with my wife tomorrow, as she is a SMUD employee. And no, I haven't been brianwashed.

when SMUD annexed Folsom, PG&E tried to pull a similar thing, stating that the costs would far outrun the SMUD estimates. In fact, the costs were right in line with the original estimates.

This is a win-win situation.

ps - the saying is "foot the bill".
Old 10-31-2006, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by newyorkreload
a big probplem is sumd being a goverment enity is subjuest to pupblic release ofa ll it's info. PG&E is not. so PG&E has been abloe to explots all kinds of political issues and loop holes while hiding all it's info from everyone.

PG&E is why it's costing so much.
PG&E is an evil corporation!

guy on left is PG&E...
Old 10-31-2006, 12:39 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by chri5
PG&E is an evil corporation!

Did you get the memo? LOL, I almost got a job at PG&E.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:40 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Increasing the customer base will only help you in the future. With an inceased number of ratepayers you'll begin to see better economies of scale, and decreased rates. Also, I believe SMUD is planning on keeping rates steady in Sac County, and using the new rate payers to pay for any costs associated with the annexation. I'll have to check with my wife tomorrow, as she is a SMUD employee. And no, I haven't been brianwashed.

when SMUD annexed Folsom, PG&E tried to pull a similar thing, stating that the costs would far outrun the SMUD estimates. In fact, the costs were right in line with the original estimates.

This is a win-win situation.

ps - the saying is "foot the bill".
no way its a win-win situation. Why should I want to pay for others electricty and the roll-out ?

I am happy with the way the rates are now. Why should I want to gamble when the rates "should" go down with more customers? This is just an estimate, just like the estimate on how much the initial roll-out is going to cost.

the problem trying to compare what it cost in Folsom has nothing to do what it will cost for this take over. When prop 90 passes (and it will) there is no idea how much it will cost to purchase the land and property that SMUD is going to require for the take-over.

oh yeah.. do you know we are still paying for Rancho Seco to be dismantled?

yay SMUD
Old 10-31-2006, 12:43 AM
VIP Member

no way its a win-win situation. Why should I want to pay for others electricty and the roll-out ?

I am happy with the way the rates are now. Why should I want to gamble when the rates "should" go down with more customers? This is just an estimate, just like the estimate on how much the initial roll-out is going to cost.

the problem trying to compare what it cost in Folsom has nothing to do what it will cost for this take over. When prop 90 passes (and it will) there is no idea how much it will cost to purchase the land and property that SMUD is going to require for the take-over.

yay SMUD

Just you wait till the world runs out of oil. This is nothing.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:43 AM

If i remember correctly, and I was pretty young at the time, I believe it was voters who decided to shut it down. We could be basking in the glow (radioactivity?) of cheap nuclear energy to this day if it wasn't for dumbasses who shunned the promise of cheap electricity.

edit - And I'll find out the specifics of what SMUD is truly planning tomorrow. My wife has fairly detailed info on what the plan is...
Old 10-31-2006, 12:45 AM

Did you get the memo? LOL, I almost got a job at PG&E.
heh I work at an evil corporation. I love bureacracy! It has even made me forget how to spell!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

heh I work at an evil corporation. I love bureacracy! It has even made me forget how to spell!

with out evil there would be no good, so it must be good to be evil.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:47 AM

with out evil there would be no good, so it must be good to be evil.
I'm going to find a place to use that at work tomorrow

Quick Reply: SMUD Yolo/West Sacramento/Davis Annexation