Since I know Salty is a realstate agent...OT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 10:28 PM

Yeah its a AWESOME place. My mother when she retires in a couple of years plans to buy a house down in that area. They started looking at pricing and its pretty expensive. And yes you can see Town Lake from the condo I want.

Salty, I just always hear my dad *****ing about the taxes they are paying, I think for one of their homes they pay $10,000 a year on taxes. Not including the home owners insurance. Besides that he complains about tenants and the way they upkeep the homes. They have been stiffed several times by the tenants. And the realtor has done nothing. (One of the reasons I will not work this out with him if I do this.) They also sometimes wreck the place. One of their homes I cleaned up after the last tenants and I had to paint the whole house over again, etc... Im guessing I should talk to a realtor who knows this and won't screw me. I need to start reading when I have the time. Thanks again.

By the way have you thought of doing this? If so it work out for you?
Old 02-21-2005, 08:15 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
+1 for Austin being an awesome town. If I ever had to leave Kalifornia, Austin would be the first city on my list.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Yeah its a AWESOME place. My mother when she retires in a couple of years plans to buy a house down in that area. They started looking at pricing and its pretty expensive. And yes you can see Town Lake from the condo I want.

Salty, I just always hear my dad *****ing about the taxes they are paying, I think for one of their homes they pay $10,000 a year on taxes. Not including the home owners insurance. Besides that he complains about tenants and the way they upkeep the homes. They have been stiffed several times by the tenants. And the realtor has done nothing. (One of the reasons I will not work this out with him if I do this.) They also sometimes wreck the place. One of their homes I cleaned up after the last tenants and I had to paint the whole house over again, etc... Im guessing I should talk to a realtor who knows this and won't screw me. I need to start reading when I have the time. Thanks again.

By the way have you thought of doing this? If so it work out for you?
I have but I know the tenant as an elementary school friend. I just ride the equity on a low mortgage while giving him low rent. I'm thinking about doing it in AZ eventually.