Car Info: 08 sti
riiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt tt

allah and buddah as well?

maybe vishnu or ganesha?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon MT
Originally Posted by topnotchwrx
im surprised nobody has said this yet, but YOUR MOM!!!
no offense dude but the "your mom" thing is getting a little old
Old 05-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by skimonkey30
no offense dude but the "your mom" thing is getting a little old
hahaha or maybe YOUR MOM is getting old..

wait..what??

:rotfl:

Yea, it's had it's time..
Old 05-13-2005, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
ok, but this whole time im talking about christianity. christians do not groupthink, they interpret the Bible to their understanding and apply it to there lives in hope, trust and belief that they will have salvation. one christian may do things another way than the other, but as long as they do it according to the Bible, its all good in the hood.

if you can, please elaborate more on groupthink in the christian community and where it has done wrong for society in the views of everyday people. i mean, if they truly are doing it the correct way, they dont get in the way of anybody, but accept everyone.

Anyform of ORGANIZED RELIGION = GROUPTHINK

that is its nature by becoming organized in any form, shape or matter you are practicing groupthink.

Hell you can take it to an extreme and even say that such views as Taoism are forms of groupthink simply because they have been written down and shared with people. No matter if those views are that the individual and his/her/its perception is what shapes the very words on the paper or document.

Look you probably really dont want to take this much furthur as i can talk in circles and it gets pretty damn abstract at that point. Not many people enjoy a discussion of that depth or nature. I know i have made entire church groups cry/get pissed with this very line of discussion.

(not joking either)

dre
Old 05-13-2005, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Your mom goes to college.

I honestly don't have a problem with the Calvin stickers, but probably wouldn't put one on my car. I do have a Jesus fish emblem that my religion forced me to put on my car.

I hear soggy has some sweet rainbow stickers on his WRX.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:37 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Car Info: "Why Warthog sir?"
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
Anyform of ORGANIZED RELIGION = GROUPTHINK

that is its nature by becoming organized in any form, shape or matter you are practicing groupthink.

Hell you can take it to an extreme and even say that such views as Taoism are forms of groupthink simply because they have been written down and shared with people. No matter if those views are that the individual and his/her/its perception is what shapes the very words on the paper or document.

Look you probably really dont want to take this much furthur as i can talk in circles and it gets pretty damn abstract at that point. Not many people enjoy a discussion of that depth or nature. I know i have made entire church groups cry/get pissed with this very line of discussion.

(not joking either)

dre
I enjoy discussing it because it beats fighting, arguing and you always learn something new.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by T-Will
Your mom goes to college.

I honestly don't have a problem with the Calvin stickers, but probably wouldn't put one on my car. I do have a Jesus fish emblem that my religion forced me to put on my car.

Last time I tried to remove one of those Jesus fish things my hand began to get red and start to burn. I don't know why though
Old 05-13-2005, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon MT
Originally Posted by T-Will
Not rainbow but more like this:

Name:  DSC01348.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  23.9 KB
Old 05-13-2005, 12:48 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
you probably have never read the Bible but that method was used in the Old Testament. the New Testament, which is now, is totally different.

This type of ignorance is why all religions suck. You say the new testament is now. But you ignore that millions of jewish people still only use the old testament. And the fact that millions of Muslims use a newer testament called the Koran. The new testament is just #2/3 in the best trillogy of the ancient world. Sort of like Star Wars or The Matrix. While the books may contain some good advice on how to be nice and moral, it's just mythology...a set of metaphores and examples.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by skimonkey30
Not rainbow but more like this:

son of a *****! I have not forgotten that!
Old 05-13-2005, 12:51 PM

99% of people were christians

Idiot. That has never been the case. Ever. Maybe about 85% of Europe was Christian. But definatly not 99% of all people.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Originally Posted by MVWRX
This type of ignorance is why all religions suck. You say the new testament is now. But you ignore that millions of jewish people still only use the old testament. And the fact that millions of Muslims use a newer testament called the Koran. The new testament is just #2/3 in the best trillogy of the ancient world. Sort of like Star Wars or The Matrix. While the books may contain some good advice on how to be nice and moral, it's just mythology...a set of metaphores and examples.
once again, im talking about christianity. the Koran is the Bible to Muslims. two different religions here.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:57 PM

ok, but this whole time im talking about christianity. christians do not groupthink, they interpret the Bible to their understanding and apply it to there lives in hope, trust and belief that they will have salvation. one christian may do things another way than the other, but as long as they do it according to the Bible, its all good in the hood.
But not a single Christian actually follows all the rules of the bible. Hell, if you live in America then you HAVE to covet EVERYTHING your neighbors have. That's called capitalism, it's how the economy works...everyone covets, especially Christians.

if you can, please elaborate more on groupthink in the christian community and where it has done wrong for society in the views of everyday people. i mean, if they truly are doing it the correct way, they dont get in the way of anybody, but accept everyone.

Uh...how about all the Christian missionaries. Or the priests that should be in jail but their other priest buddies hide the fact that they f*** little kids. Or the Chrisitans living in the middle east who are opposed to Muslims and Jews.

Or...and here's the kicker...the millions of evangelicals who ruined our gov't when they elected BushJr...twice.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Idiot. That has never been the case. Ever. Maybe about 85% of Europe was Christian. But definatly not 99% of all people.
i guess i should have clarified, i mean back in the day meaning in the beginning of civilization in the middle east.

why dont you ask before you start name calling.

Quick Reply: Retarded Religion Thread