My bad edperience at Maita

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:24 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
Originally Posted by drdray
I'm not dumb. You don't know me, please keep personal insults to yourself. I got 15-20% discounts on all parts I've purchased in past from Chris. It may not be to Maitas liking, but Chris does what he can. I've even gotten same discount on none Subaru parts simply because Chris was involved.
It was not a personal attack, just a simple question. But thanks for answering it.

Just curious, how many parts purchases have you made there where Maita made $0.00 or less off of you?

My point is that the person behind the parts counter has some leeway on how much he/she discounts the parts. If the person thinks you will buy the part at full pop, they will charge you that. They will also "discount" it as much as they can within their set range in order to make the sale. Parts prices are just as much of a game as the cost of the car when you deal with the slimeball salesman in a cheap suit...
Old 03-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
meh
Old 03-17-2006, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 06 Legacy GT Sedan- 94 Legacy Turbo Wagon
ummm

Last edited by Chris Jones; 03-22-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:30 PM

Car Info: MY04 Silver STi
Originally Posted by dz
It was not a personal attack, just a simple question. But thanks for answering it.

Just curious, how many parts purchases have you made there where Maita made $0.00 or less off of you?

My point is that the person behind the parts counter has some leeway on how much he/she discounts the parts. If the person thinks you will buy the part at full pop, they will charge you that. They will also "discount" it as much as they can within their set range in order to make the sale. Parts prices are just as much of a game as the cost of the car when you deal with the slimeball salesman in a cheap suit...
You are welcome.

How many parts purchases have you made where saler made $0.00 or less off of you?

Agreed. My point is sogy can walk away with the right skin and few $$ short for new paint job.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by Chris Jones
As I have stated and stated and stated and stated before. I will take the bumper back and give him a new one, not painted. At No Extra Cost.
Wow, what a deal. All it does it cost Ed an extra $200 for your screw up! SWEET!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Meh.

Props to making this a sticky...

Well Dr. Dre, if you really wanna bring SS into this. S-Squared actually recognized their **** ups, in fact they gave a decent amount of money back to a lot of their customers on their **** ups, in some cases it wasn't enough, but they did what they could to try to make things right. In case you didn't know SS is no more, so it sort of defeats the purpose for them to get into long drawn out threads defending a shop that is no more... Most of the people on my side of the spectrum when it came to SS would have no problem saying that they had basically ZERO customer service, and could care less about their customers, but even they tried to make it right with some customers... They even offered to make things right with me, before they went under, but I decided I played the parts game, I knew there was a risk, so I manned up and took the loses, but see SS was a SHOP not a LISCENSED DEALER. You better be damn well sure if Maita Subaru tuned my car, and put the parts of that if it ****ed up the motor I would be all over their asses to give me a new motor, and you know damn sure they would. It's not the costumers job to go into detail inspections of everything they order when they bring their cars to the pros.... I guess according to Dr.Dre. it was my fault I guess I should have gotten the software after Nate tuned my car and went through all of the numbers and saw it was ****ed up before I even left the parking lot

So let me get this straight, a shop in Sacramento, not a full blown chain dealership that sells hundreds of cars a day, fixes another hundred and basically *** rapes costumers(it's what dealers are for) now can't admit they ****ed up and do what is right... There should be no assumptions made by ed, he went to a DEALER... Not a shop like SS... a DEALER for a OEM part, said it was for a sedan.... Gave him his VIN for the Sedan.... I guess it's Ed's fault for not bringing a color book with a picture of a Sedan in it for Chris's Incompetent *** to get it right, because he still ordered the wrong part... Ed has every right to assume that it's the right bumper and bring it in to get painted before test fitting the bumper.

I don't even get how this is even in question here... we all know the right thing to do, it's amazing that Chris is such a ***** he won't even man up and have his dealer... it's not coming outta his pocket anyways, pay for his **** up. it's probably because Maita is getting sick of his **** ups and he doesn't wanna go to the manager and submit a problem that he caused because he can't read a ****ing vin number, or even listen to what his customer ordered for that matter....

Ed,
Got the bumper using Infinity Wheel Tires Wholesale discount, didn't even pay taxes. That's not the point. He got the wrong bumper, you think.

Retail $287.44
Wholesale $203.96 Ed's price
Cost $149.97 Ed's bumper, who wants it at cost?

As I have stated and stated and stated and stated before. I will take the bumper back and give him a new one, not painted. At No Extra Cost.

Why do we keep beating this horse in to the ground? Right now Ed has nothing? this has been going on for 2 weeks. Something is better than nothing?

The funny thing Joe at Alfas put right in the whole nut shell. You try to help out the Subaru Community with performance and parts. If you get one bad experience everybody jumps on the Flame Wagon!

You truely are a dumb ****... What do you mean "jumped the flame wagon"... There is still people here today that will defend Joe/SS to their grave, there was just a purtion of people on my side of the spectrum. where i witnessed it first hand and know exactly the lies and problems they caused me. I told my story at first and who got flammed for it? Me...

It looks like the Jury is out however about you and how imcompetent you truely are, and the joke you called customer service... Ya of course you think it's a good deal, it doesn't cost you a ****ing penny... Mean while Ed is out 200 dollars for the paint on the old bumper, and now another 200 dollars for the paint on the new bumper...

Last edited by GT35 STI; 03-17-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:39 PM
dz

How many parts purchases have you made where saler made $0.00 or less off of you?
I fully expect them to make money off of me, after all that is what business is all about. However I also expect that they will get me the parts I ordered and take care of their mistakes if/when they make them
Agreed. My point is sogy can walk away with the right skin and few $$ short for new paint job.
He should not have to walk away any dollars short here. He ordered a sedan bumper and got the wrong one. I do not think it is unreasonable for him to expect that the part was right, nor do I think he should have to do a test fit before he gets the part painted when he bought it from the dealer.

Not to mention that it is the 100% right thing to do, the negative publicity that Maita is getting here is far worse than them having to come out of pocket for a new bumper and painting it. Maita was trying to salvage their image and I thought they were on the right track, taking care of this properly would have helped that cause greatly. Instead they went straight from drive to reverse at 100mph and have done more damage in the process. Probably not the best thing to do after the just spent all that money building their new dealership...
Old 03-17-2006, 12:42 PM
dz

Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Props to making this a sticky...

Well Dr. Dre, if you really wanna bring SS into this. S-Squared actually recognized their **** ups, in fact they gave a decent amount of money back to a lot of their costumers on their **** ups, in some cases it wasn't enough, but they did what they could to try to make things right. In case you didn't know SS is no more, so it sort of defeats the purpose for them to get into long drawn out threads defending a shop that is no more... Most of the people on my side of the spectrum when it came to SS would have no problem saying that they had basically ZERO costumer service, and could care less about their costumers, but even they tried to make it right with some costumers... They even offered to make things right with me, before they went under, but I decided I played the parts game, I knew there was a risk, so I manned up and took the loses, but see SS was a SHOP not a LISCENSED DEALER. You better be damn well sure if Maita Subaru tuned my car, and put the parts of that if it ****ed up the motor I would be all over their asses to give me a new motor, and you know damn sure they would. It's not the costumers job to go into detail inspections of everything they order when they bring their cars to the pros.... I guess according to Dr.Dre. it was my fault I guess I should have gotten the software after Nate tuned my car and went through all of the numbers and saw it was ****ed up before I even left the parking lot

So let me get this straight, a shop in Sacramento, not a full blown chain dealership that sells hundreds of cars a day, fixes another hundred and basically *** rapes costumers(it's what dealers are for) now can't admit they ****ed up and do what is right... There should be no assumptions made by ed, he went to a DEALER... Not a shop like SS... a DEALER for a OEM part, said it was for a sedan.... Gave him his VIN for the Sedan.... I guess it's Ed's fault for not bringing a color book with a picture of a Sedan in it for Chris's Incompetent *** to get it right, because he still ordered the wrong part... Ed has every right to assume that it's the right bumper and bring it in to get painted before test fitting the bumper.

I don't even get how this is even in question here... we all know the right thing to do, it's amazing that Chris is such a ***** he won't even man up and have his dealer... it's not coming outta his pocket anyways, pay for his **** up. it's probably because Maita is getting sick of his **** ups and he doesn't wanna go to the manager and submit a problem that he caused because he can't read a ****ing vin number, or even listen to what his costumer ordered for that matter....

OK I have to ask, WTF is a "costumer"? Is that one of those queer dudes that gets actors dressed for their parts and gets real busy around the 32st of October?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by dz
OK I have to ask, WTF is a "costumer"? Is that one of those queer dudes that gets actors dressed for their parts and gets real busy around the 32st of October?

I hate you.... CUSTOMER!!!!!! lol
Old 03-17-2006, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I can't believe this hasn't been resolved. That truly is some ****ty customer service if he's trying to blame you for not noticing his screw up.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:55 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
He is still in the hole $150. Is subaru hurting financially? How much will this transaction hurt subaru or your dealership?
You try to help out the Subaru Community with performance and parts.
Your solution is not helpfull at all! What is the big problem with trading a painted bumper for another painted one?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Troll

Hmm... So do you think if Ed ordered a Paint Sedan Bumper(which costs alot more to have it come painted of course) and it turned out being a Painted Wagon Bumper... That Mike Jones would say "Sorry but I will only give you a unpainted sedan bumper". Why can't he just take it as a liberty that Ed is giving them a painted bumper, it's not like they aren't going to make money on that painted bumper also. I garuntee if Maita gave ed his money for the paint they would still be making money off this, so I don't see why Mike Jones is such a dip**** and won't do what is right
Old 03-17-2006, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by subie OCD
He is still in the hole $150. Is subaru hurting financially? How much will this transaction hurt subaru or your dealership?
It will if they don't make it right.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
GT35, chris does not have a blingin grill nor does he say his name 5 times after uttering every sentence.....

(you called him mike jones haha)
Old 03-17-2006, 01:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
GT35, chris does not have a blingin grill nor does he say his name 5 times after uttering every sentence.....

(you called him mike jones haha)
:rotfl:

Any word from SOA?

Quick Reply: My bad edperience at Maita