My bad edperience at Maita

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by drdray
I agree that they are responsible, I don't agree that they should be responsible for the paint that they had nothing to do with. Read what Chris and sogy said. All the details are there. Maita is willing to do a swap and more, for the mistake they made. What they not willing to do is the resposibility for mistakes someone else made. Very simple.
But, the mistakes were made based on the assumption that Maita parts dept. wouldn't screw up a simple parts order.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Actually you have to inspect and sign a release that you have inspected the house and it was in acceptable condition. So, yes, you are correct. It's your **** up because you was given the opportunity to do that and you have failed.
forget it
Old 03-17-2006, 11:39 AM

Car Info: MY04 Silver STi
Originally Posted by nKoan
How is that related in any way? Soggy didn't get too much bumper from Maita, he got the wrong bumper.

If you want a better analogy, maybe they put in the wrong oil, but you would never know till you did your own oil analysis (do you do that after every oil change). If the shop put in the wrong oil, then yes, you have every to be pissed off.
How is it related? One word: Trust. Sogy trusted Maita. If I trusted that shop, I'd be in **** load of pain right now. I didn't. If sogy did the same thing (not trusting Maita), none of this would have happened.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
So, your saying no one should trust Maita?

With that, I can agree.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
Here is a personal experience from a shop that you all trust. I went to do 30K there. All went smooth and pretty. Next day I checked oil level in the car and it had about 3/4 of a quat extra in it. We all know what can happen to a 2.5L turbo charged car if you drive it with that much more oil than it can handle, right? If not, ask a mechanic. So, I didn't go back to the shop, I didn't want to bother with the drama. I simply drained the extra oil and all back to normal. Now if I was like soggy, I'd be back in that shop with above mentioned mechanical problem blaming the shop and asking for new motor because they ****ed up. How about them apples?
Wow, hey, that's great, but you should let the shop know that they overfilled your car? What, you just walk away from a situation like that? Plus your solution doesn't really have any bearing on this situation. I would think that if you spent $200 to fix the problem that they created you'd have major problems with that.

Edit: God damn fast moving forums! Point was already made.

Last edited by Grimm; 03-17-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by nKoan
But, the mistakes were made based on the assumption that Maita parts dept. wouldn't screw up a simple parts order.

You know what they say about assumptoins by now.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:43 AM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
I agree that they are responsible, I don't agree that they should be responsible for the paint that they had nothing to do with. Read what Chris and sogy said. All the details are there. Maita is willing to do a swap and more, for the mistake they made. What they are not willing to do is take resposibility for mistakes someone else made. Very simple.
You know damn well that if Soggy took them up on the offer of an unpainted bumper for a painted one that Maita would sell the painted bumper at a premium and make money off of it. How is it fair for them to get paid for their mistake?

Chris helped me out whith an issue regarding my Prodrive Muffler. I was sold the wrong part by another dealer and Chris called Prodrive and asked them if they would swap it out even though it had been used. Prodrive agreed to do this and I was billed for the shipping.

The fact that they are not willing to make good on a mistake that they made because they will have to come out of pocket is the issue here. The way this appears to me is that they are willing to help as long as it does not cost them anything, and especially if they can benefit from it.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 AM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Is Chris the Parts Manager or just a counterboy?

I'd be talking with the parts manager and GM asap. I'am pretty sure they wouldn't like him coming on a forum this big and talking **** /cursing to potential customers like he is. This is just unheard of, Miata will lose some business over this just not enough to worry about. Make sure to put this on all the subaru sites if they don't want to do the right thing here.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by dz
You know damn well that if Soggy took them up on the offer of an unpainted bumper for a painted one that Maita would sell the painted bumper at a premium and make money off of it. How is it fair for them to get paid for their mistake?

Chris helped me out whith an issue regarding my Prodrive Muffler. I was sold the wrong part by another dealer and Chris called Prodrive and asked them if they would swap it out even though it had been used. Prodrive agreed to do this and I was billed for the shipping.

The fact that they are not willing to make good on a mistake that they made because they will have to come out of pocket is the issue here. The way this appears to me is that they are willing to help as long as it does not cost them anything, and especially if they can benefit from it.
Chris offered sogy to sell his painted skin and sell him unpainted one at discount! I can see sogy make a few bucks right there and Maita will profit 0.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by dz

Why didn't you go back to the dealer you bought it from?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:04 PM
dz

Originally Posted by gilmore25
Why didn't you go back to the dealer you bought it from?
I ordered the oval tip muffler over the internet from an east coast dealer. Shortly after I installed it, Prodrive announced that the oval tip was not to be sold or used on the STi (a post was made by them on IWSTI.com) and I had not had a chance to call the east coast dealer. I mentioned it in passing when I was ordering other parts at Maita and Chris offered to make a phone call to his contact.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:11 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Please everyone stop with the inane apples to oranges comparisons. This has nothing to do with a house, or a spun bearing, or extra oil, or any other shop. It is a simple matter of a customer ordering a part and receiving the wrong part.

What complicates matters is the fact that Ed painted the bumper. You need to ask yourself, is it reasonable for Ed to have gone ahead and painted the part? Was it reasonable for him to have assumed that a certified Subaru dealership, having his Vehicle Identification Number in hand, ordered and received the correct part? Once that determination has been made, and it appears that is the case, then you ask, is it reasonable for Ed to absorb the cost of painting the bumper when the mistake was through no fault of his own?

Of course it isn't - and this is the exact thought process a judge in small claims court will go through.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:13 PM
dz

Chris offered sogy to sell his painted skin and sell him unpainted one at discount! I can see sogy make a few bucks right there and Maita will profit 0.
Are you really that dumb? They already made money off of the first bumper and would have made money (just not as much) on the second bumper. Do you really think they were going to sell the second bumper at or below cost?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by dz
Are you really that dumb? They already made money off of the first bumper and would have made money (just not as much) on the second bumper. Do you really think they were going to sell the second bumper at or below cost?

Plus the time and money it would take to sell the bumper he had painted.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by dz

I'm not dumb. You don't know me, please keep personal insults to yourself. I got 15-20% discounts on all parts I've purchased in past from Chris. It may not be to Maitas liking, but Chris does what he can. I've even gotten same discount on none Subaru parts simply because Chris was involved.

Quick Reply: My bad edperience at Maita