My bad edperience at Maita

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 06:50 AM

Car Info: 06 Legacy GT Sedan- 94 Legacy Turbo Wagon
ummm

Last edited by Chris Jones; 03-22-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
All I want is the correction to be made. I gave you my car's VIN number and felt assured that the dealership (out of all places) Would have the correct bumper for me and not this "oh, I thought you were in a wagon bit so umm here's a wagon bumper"

This is not the first time youve messed up an order of mine. Remember those hoses I order a while back? WEll what happend there? I called it, gave you PART NUMBERS and was assured it was going to be sent in 4 - 5 days (they had to order the parts from up north)
So the 5th day goes by and still no parts. I call in to check on my parts order and guess what happend? You forgot my parts order all together. Remember when I was on the phone trying to remember the part numbers off the top of my head. I was pretty upset at the time. So that mishap delayed me another week just because of your mistake.

Thanks. :\
Old 03-17-2006, 08:01 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by Chris Jones
All you guys have nothing to do but flame people on the internet when you don't get your way. I have taken care of I-clubbers all day. We were trying to work it out, but Ed had to air his dirty laundry and you guys all jump on the band wagon. Just Like Alfas & Subaru and SS. Call it what you want flame me, whatever. You don't even know me. For all the **** that your guys are talking. ED DEAL IS DONE!
Chris, you're not a very smart person, are you?

I don't know you and I don't know the details of Ed's situation here. There could be a whole other side to the story and I always try to give the other party the benefit of the doubt.

However, I own two Subarus and I will tell you right now that, based on your last post above, I will never do business with you or Maita Subaru. You don't know the first thing about customer service, or you would have never opened your mouth. You could have simply posted that you would take care of things offline. But instead you got butt hurt over some internet ramblings and alienated a good segment of your customer base.

Ignoring the fact that it *sounds* like Maita made a mistake and is not accepting full responsibility, if this is how you react to a customer complaint I do not want to do business with you.

Ed, if this is indeed a mistake on Maita's part, I suggest you go to the Parts Manager and then the owner at Maita. Give Maita every chance to own up and make the situation right. If that fails, print out all of your correspondence and pursue this through small claims court.

On the other hand, if Maita steps up and makes things right, be sure and post back here.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
hah!

/yeah, I know not a meaningful reply, but I can't help celebrating this guys ****ups.

Last edited by Nick Koan; 03-17-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
We can reach out farther than the internet.... we could go park all our subarus with maita plate frames in front of maita & hold signs informing people of the sh1tty customer service and the "tough ****" attitude that they have towards their customers, some of which send a large chunk of their income every month to maita to pay for their cars.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:28 AM

Car Info: MY04 Silver STi
I don't see the problem here. Maita made a mistake and is offering to swap the bumpers, but you also want Maita to pay for a mistake sogy made? That's just not right. I've dealt with parts dep. of many dealerships and have learned to check all parts right away. I've gotten parts that do not fit lots of times. Most of them didn't fit because manufacturer changed the part, but still used the same part number. (I’ve had one like this with Chris and he worked with me through, he checked all the manuals, and got others involved. Turned out manufacturer changed the part in the middle of the year, so same models comes with 2 different parts under same part number and only the new part is being shipped, while old one is no where to be found) There were honest mistakes by parts dep. workers and where promptly exchanged.

Maita is willing to fix their mistake. Now it is up to sogy to fix his. Painting bumper skin without even trying to fit it first is pretty stupid. Assumption is the mother of all **** ups. I've had stock covers that didn't fit because some wise *** put 2 holes inch down from where it should have been. But this is not about mistake Chris made. This mistake is just a reason for the thread. All I can see is Chris being harassed for not being a vendor on the forum, but when he offers free stuff no one has any problems with that.

This is just another drama time. How about EQTuning? Last year he was burned on a cross for saying Nate made mistakes in tunes. Now there are several “SS ****ed up”, “SS ****ed up again”, “more prove SS ****ed up” threads and little or no defense of SS what so ever. But here is the kicked, after you have had a chance to meet and EQTuning, he actually is what he claimed to be, an hones tuner that knows what he is doing. How come none of you still defending SS? You were so vigorous in his defense back then, where are you now???? So EQTuning was right, wasn't he? All the road dyno tuning isn't crap any more huh? (Just the fact that one of the current co-owners of the DB-tuning was treating to use his government given privileges to shut EQTuining down permanently lets EQTuning use the dyno says something doesn’t it?) Now you are doing the same thing to Chris. Fine, your choice. I've always used Maita for cars and parts, never had a problem. I always got 15-20% discount not even asking for it. Chris was always good to me and always spent time with me he didn't have to spend. Reading this crap made me sick. If sogy was stupid enough to not test fit the cover before he painted it, Chris has nothing to do with this. That's sogy's problem, not Maitas. Learn from your mistakes, don't blame them on others. Like our governor says “You are just a bunch of girly men!”
Old 03-17-2006, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
What the hell does S-Squared or EQ Tuning have to do with Maita and their parts department?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by drdray
I don't see the problem here. Maita made a mistake and is offering to swap the bumpers, but you also want Maita to pay for a mistake sogy made?
I stopped at that point while reading your post, because Ed didnt make the mistake. He gave Maita the VIN for his WRX SEDAN and they ordered a wagon skin. The only mistake Ed made was trusting them to not **** up the order, and then trusting that they would rectify it.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
This shouldnt even be an issue!

1.Customer gives VIN to dealer for a part.
2.Dealership gives wrong part.
3.Customer has part painted, this costs money.
4.Incorrect part does not fit.
5.Customer now in the hole money wise because of dealership's error.
6.Dealership refuses to exchange painted bumper for a painted bumper.....??????

W T F? There is NO logical reason the customer should eat the cost of paint due to the dealerships mistake. I mean...c'mon! A painted bumper for a painted bumper is VERY fair!!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by drdray
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.
D U H! ! ! ! Tell that to miata, they gave him a freakin WAGON bumper!!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
So let me get this straight, if i buy a new house and the first storm that comes through makes the roof collapse on my head its my fault for not crawling up in the attic & making sure the construction is correct? its my problem that i trusted the builders to do it right? thats the biggest load of crap that ive ever heard & its a total cop out
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 AM

Here may be this will help.

1 wrong skin was ordered not painted.
2 offer to trade wrong skin for right skin was made.
3 Chris would be just as glad to exchange unpainted wrong skin for unpainted right skin
4 sogy paid to paint it, not Maita or any one else.
5 sogy refused to trade painted for not painted.
6 sogy refused the offer by Chris to sell his pained, and sell him not painted at a discount
7 Chris is made look like an *** for giving him options

SS and EQTuning are just an example from the past. Most of you trusted and believed SS was the bastes tuner, now it turns out he did half-*** jobs on a number of cars. What lesson did you learn from this? Obviously none. I'm done arguing here. Believe what you want, it's your problem not mine.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
I think drdray is making assumptions...and we all know now, assuming is the mother of all ****ups
Old 03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
So let me get this straight, if i buy a new house and the first storm that comes through makes the roof collapse on my head its my fault for not crawling up in the attic & making sure the construction is correct? its my problem that i trusted the builders to do it right? thats the biggest load of crap that ive ever heard & its a total cop out
Exactly. And if Maita is the builder they'll replace the house but not repaint it for you. But only if you returned the house in perfect condition so they could resell it.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Furley

Actually you have to inspect and sign a release that you have inspected the house and it was in acceptable condition. So, yes, you are correct. It's your **** up because you was given the opportunity to do that and you have failed.

Quick Reply: My bad edperience at Maita