muse tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:32 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
muse tonight

anyone going? my roomate won that KWOD contest to play poker with them and go to the show. im not sure what the **** im gona do while hes playing poker though.

if anyone from the forums is going look for some douchebag in an "I am the Stig" shirt.

thats me
Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by irrational x
anyone going? my roomate won that KWOD contest to play poker with them and go to the show. im not sure what the **** im gona do while hes playing poker though.

if anyone from the forums is going look for some douchebag in an "I am the Stig" shirt.

thats me
Where are they playing?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:06 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F

thats me

ooo

where did you get that shirt ?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
they played in davis last year at freeborn. it was worth the money i paid to partake in such activities.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
ooo

where did you get that shirt ?
ebay.

the show was at the pavillion in UCdavis, strokes were the headliners. the poker thing was retarded, but i did get chased by security 3 times trying to get the opening bands autograph...

the best one... the openers (some chick band called "the like", pretty good too) was right on side stage. i flagged a security guard and asked if he could get their attention (they were like 5 feet away) and motioned that i was looking for an autograph. he let us in and i walked up and gestured for it. they exitedly agreed (i dont know why, im not hot) but didnt have a pen.

i turned around to ask the guys behind me who were the strokes waiting to take the stage. i kinda looked at em for a second shocked a bit and then said "Hey strokes, any of you got a pen?"

they checked their pockets but before they were done a bodyguard pushed me out, newb. he didnt even know how to push me, he just kinda bumped his fat body on me.

anyway, we tried again with no success, but we saw the ladies take off upstairs to go throw these massive balloons and followed. we caught up to them near their merch area and asked for the signatures.

singer: "you guys are really persistant"

me: "yah well, none of those brittish *******s had a pen"

security puts his light in my face, i put my hands up, appologise, thank the ladies and we leave. as we're walking back to the stairs 6 cops with battons come running past.

i wave and say "thanks for keeping us safe" and they go right past.

then we left before the strokes took the stage, cause they suck.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
ebay.

the show was at the pavillion in UCdavis, strokes were the headliners. the poker thing was retarded, but i did get chased by security 3 times trying to get the opening bands autograph...

the best one... the openers (some chick band called "the like", pretty good too) was right on side stage. i flagged a security guard and asked if he could get their attention (they were like 5 feet away) and motioned that i was looking for an autograph. he let us in and i walked up and gestured for it. they exitedly agreed (i dont know why, im not hot) but didnt have a pen.

i turned around to ask the guys behind me who were the strokes waiting to take the stage. i kinda looked at em for a second shocked a bit and then said "Hey strokes, any of you got a pen?"

they checked their pockets but before they were done a bodyguard pushed me out, newb. he didnt even know how to push me, he just kinda bumped his fat body on me.

anyway, we tried again with no success, but we saw the ladies take off upstairs to go throw these massive balloons and followed. we caught up to them near their merch area and asked for the signatures.

singer: "you guys are really persistant"

me: "yah well, none of those brittish *******s had a pen"

security puts his light in my face, i put my hands up, appologise, thank the ladies and we leave. as we're walking back to the stairs 6 cops with battons come running past.

i wave and say "thanks for keeping us safe" and they go right past.

then we left before the strokes took the stage, cause they suck.
interesting anectdotes. i went to see muse and thought they were cool. saw about half of the strokes set than took off... i'm not much of a strokes fan. i missed the opening band and am kinda disappointed oh well.

j