Kick ass Sushi place in downtown Sac

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Kick *** Sushi place in downtown Sac

I don't know how many of you guys like Sushi, but I went to a pretty cool place last night. I guess when I say that it was "kick ***", I mean that I am a noob to Sushi, they started me off pretty slow and the food I had was really good. I had a tempura lobster that was really grubbin and a couple of specialty rolls: Krazy Kalli, J-Street and Spicy D (check the menu on their website).

The Spicy D tasted like burning It was good, but it was painful. I'm a wussy when it comes to spicy stuff though.

Everything I've read about the place seems to indicate that the sushi is very authentic, but I wouldn't know personally as I have nothing with which to compare.

Regardless, the staff was very friendly, the sushi chefs (we sat at the bar) were awesome and even the other customers were very nice. The food presentation is excellent.

They also have non-sushi stuff like steak and chicken and duck. The steak sounds awesome.

The place is downtown at 25th and J. Just thought I'd share a nice restaurant with you guys. Carry on.

www.krurestaurant.com
Old 08-15-2005, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
You rich white people kill me. :rotfl:

I know this AWESOME Japanese restaurant in Elk Grove called Ryan's House. It is a LOT cheaper than any other Japanese restaurant I've gone to in Sac. Sushi, chicken, beef, everything.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by ryball

I know this AWESOME Japanese restaurant in Elk Grove called Ryan's House. It is a LOT cheaper than any other Japanese restaurant I've gone to in Sac. Sushi, chicken, beef, everything.
Do they do takeout?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:30 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
I don't think any place that has a 'California roll' on the menu is authentic Japanese ...
Old 08-15-2005, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I'll have to look those up, Matt.

My wife and I like Taka's in downtown Sacto (voted #1 – one waitress is smokin’ hot), Osaka sushi by the United Artist in Elk Grove (Kaiten Sushi), and we occasionally go to Fuji Sushi in Davis during their all you can eat weekends. It is PACKED on weekends so feel free to put in your name and hit the local shops for an hour.

We can't stand Mekunis. That place pisses off my wife to no end. Just way to trendy and untraditional. Plus is attracts those trendy metrosexuals I can’t stand to be around. The last time we went their was for a b-day dinner. They had their specials menu done in horrible Japanese which really made my wife angry. My wife re-wrote the whole menu for them in kanji with the dry-erase.
VIP Member

Yeah but at Kru, when Ed tries to get in the pants of the female staff, it's not your wife or daughter...

Car Info: 2001 Transmaro SS

Their prices are really good I hear because they have this little tiny girl doing the dishes, and the head chef Ryan running the microwave!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by illy
Their prices are really good I hear because they have this little tiny girl doing the dishes, and the head chef Ryan running the microwave!
No, Ryan does the dishes, too.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Yeah but at Kru, when Ed tries to get in the pants of the female staff, it's not your wife or daughter...
That's why there is a sign that says, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." :rotfl:
Old 08-15-2005, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 2001 Transmaro SS
Originally Posted by Salty
Plus is attracts those trendy metrosexuals I can’t stand to be around. The last time we went their was for a b-day dinner.
I think the new term for these guys is "Stripes" as in the shirts they all wear now. I officially retired all of my stripes after a bartender pointed it out to me because I was wearing one.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:43 AM

Car Info: Sline
Yeah, I have like 2 stripped shirts now... And no hawaiian shirts. My mom asks why, I say "look at dad's closet. All Tommy Bahama"
Old 08-15-2005, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by illy
I think the new term for these guys is "Stripes" as in the shirts they all wear now. I officially retired all of my stripes after a bartender pointed it out to me because I was wearing one.
haha that's an awesome name for them.

Come to think of it, when we went to Icon on Saturday night, Mr. Skimonkey was wearing a striped man-blouse..GGGAAAYYY
Old 08-15-2005, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Sushi = the yuck
Old 08-15-2005, 11:51 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX Sti
Yeah man, I know one of the sushi chefs there named rollie ( or however you spell it) I used to be a regular when it was J-LEE, but they shut down 6 months ago and those doods now at KRU bought the place. We should have a lil meet there what do you guys think? Or maybe another sushi joint?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:54 AM

Car Info: Sline
I'm down for sushi. I like Mekuni's I think it's alright. I've also been to Osaka in Davis.

Quick Reply: Kick ass Sushi place in downtown Sac