International Day of Hump

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:25 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by mashpro
Good morning.

Before anyone reads this post I would like to say that I'm not writing it to say that all ****ing cops are ****ing ******* *****es, or for people to start the "you shouldnt be breaking the law and then *****ing about it, or for people to start talking about how they drive around all the time and not get pulled over-just writing about what happened last night around 9:30pm last night in Roseville.

So, I was driving along (the speed limit) on Foothills Blvd, a block away from my house, and I got pulled over. The police officer, walks up and asks if I knew why I was being pulled over. I was nice and polite the whole time and said no I dont sir. And he says that he was checking to see if people were speeding and hitting people with his radar gun, but when he tried it on me, it wouldnt lock for a bit and then when it did I was going the speed limit, so he asks me if I had a radar jammer thing. I said no, and he looks up my license and reg info and it all checks out. He then asked me what my car and what my hood were made out of, because he thought it was carbon fiber (which it isnt yet) and I said no sir mr officer. He then asks me to pop my hood, so he can inspect it because after he tapped on it, it sounded like carbon fiber. So I did, and he said yup, thats carbon fiber, and I was like, ummmm.... I dont think it is. And he said, oh no, thats there is some carbon fiber. And I was like sweet, I got an sti with a carbon fiber hood. He then looks around at all the **** I have done to my car, ARC front mount, downpipe, exhaust-no cat-etc. And he said is all that **** legal. I replied honestly that I had been to BAR and passed and had all the paperwork in the glove box, including a copy of my ticket with the sticker from the ref on it and he looked at it, and said "cool" and said drive safely and let me go.

Again, I'm not writing this to start some dumb discussion thats already been done over and over again, its just my experience in Roseville, in my STi, ,last nite.
So, what exactly is the complaint about? Not getting a bull**** ticket?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Good morning.

Before anyone reads this post I would like to say that I'm not writing it to say that all ****ing cops are ****ing ******* *****es, or for people to start the "you shouldnt be breaking the law and then *****ing about it, or for people to start talking about how they drive around all the time and not get pulled over-just writing about what happened last night around 9:30pm last night in Roseville.

So, I was driving along (the speed limit) on Foothills Blvd, a block away from my house, and I got pulled over. The police officer, walks up and asks if I knew why I was being pulled over. I was nice and polite the whole time and said no I dont sir. And he says that he was checking to see if people were speeding and hitting people with his radar gun, but when he tried it on me, it wouldnt lock for a bit and then when it did I was going the speed limit, so he asks me if I had a radar jammer thing. I said no, and he looks up my license and reg info and it all checks out. He then asked me what my car and what my hood were made out of, because he thought it was carbon fiber (which it isnt yet) and I said no sir mr officer. He then asks me to pop my hood, so he can inspect it because after he tapped on it, it sounded like carbon fiber. So I did, and he said yup, thats carbon fiber, and I was like, ummmm.... I dont think it is. And he said, oh no, thats there is some carbon fiber. And I was like sweet, I got an sti with a carbon fiber hood. He then looks around at all the **** I have done to my car, ARC front mount, downpipe, exhaust-no cat-etc. And he said is all that **** legal. I replied honestly that I had been to BAR and passed and had all the paperwork in the glove box, including a copy of my ticket with the sticker from the ref on it and he looked at it, and said "cool" and said drive safely and let me go.

Again, I'm not writing this to start some dumb discussion thats already been done over and over again, its just my experience in Roseville, in my STi, ,last nite.
Are carbon fiber hoods smog illegal now?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
It's because when they impound and crush the street racers' cars they b0rk their crushers on all the hard to damage carbon fiber body panels.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
No, but its a good way to get someone to pop the hood.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
So, what exactly is the complaint about? Not getting a bull**** ticket?
Did I say I was complaining?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:54 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
HA That's what you think. This ain't no cisco.

Most of the Avaya crap is legacy. I don't have no GUI. I have a telnet session with command lines.

HOOORAY!
umm.... all the VOIP stuff is all based on the windows GUI.
The Legend and definity are all telnet or done in avaya site manager.
!

i know my stuff, it was my job for a few years.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:55 AM
banned

Originally Posted by ryball
Nortel is easy.
HATED NORTEL!
with all my heart.
i installed one in racebuilders 3yrs ago. they hate it too. the company i worked for was contracted out to install it.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:05 AM
banned

@mashpro
Black sti? I met you over @ db last weekend?

Sucks man! Roseville PD pulled me last nite too, leaving il fornaio
Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 AM

Did I say I was complaining?
Well, all the prefacing about how you weren't complaining about cops kinda made me think you were.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
feature * * A-D-M-I-N.

now go break stuff.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
@mashpro
Black sti? I met you over @ db last weekend?

Sucks man! Roseville PD pulled me last nite too, leaving il fornaio
Ya, that was me at db last weekend.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Well, all the prefacing about how you weren't complaining about cops kinda made me think you were.
Nope, no complaints, I know if I mod my car, there is always a chance of getting pulled over and getting a ticket, and I'm fine with that.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:24 AM

Nope, no complaints, I know if I mod my car, there is always a chance of getting pulled over and getting a ticket, and I'm fine with that.
Preach it brother!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:27 AM
banned

Nope, no complaints, I know if I mod my car, there is always a chance of getting pulled over and getting a ticket, and I'm fine with that
hallelujah hallelujah
speak the word brotha
hallelujah

hahaha
Old 08-16-2006, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
What's for lunch today SRIC?

Quick Reply: International Day of Hump