i wrecked my car.... need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 2010 rock buggy... and a 05 WRX
i wrecked my car.... need advice...

so, last night, i was leaving my friends house and was driving on a windy road, that was resently chip and sealed.... i hit a corner and slid into a ditch at about 40. my car is cosmetically perfect, but my whole suspension/undercarriage/and frame are f***ed! will they total my car for this? i will post pics soon...
Old 08-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
If your frame is tweaked, it's more likely to be totalled. You can't pull a frame without removing all of the suspension and drivetrain.

I had minor frame work done on the front of my car (no sheet metal was touched on the exterior of the car, just the bumper, bumper support and lower rad support, but the whole engine bay had to be emptied for the frame work and it was over $12k in damage to put the car right. Mine was an STi, so it wasn't totalled out, but it was close; with the resale on a WRX, I'd think any estimate over 10k would total it immediately.

Sorry - at least you weren't hurt.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Damn that sucks man.

It prolly is totaled.

If it is, might wanna see how much you can buy it from your insurance for tho and possibly part it out. Just an idea.

Good luck with everything.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX & 01 NEON "SRT0"
throw it in the gutter and go buy another
jk
sorry bro that sucks frame damage is worse the cosmetic.
but i hope it works out for you good luck
Old 08-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Maybe you could get the gubermint to pay for it if they didn't post an orange "Loose Gravel" sign, which they normally do when they pour out tons of gravel for us to rally on for a month or so
Old 08-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
Maybe you could get the gubermint to pay for it if they didn't post an orange "Loose Gravel" sign, which they normally do when they pour out tons of gravel for us to rally on for a month or so
Like he said, CalTrans has a fund that they set aside for "accidents". As long as you can prove you were totally legal then they may pay for the repairs/replacement.
Damage claims
Old 08-11-2010, 08:55 PM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
Dayum dude that SUCKS. What road were you on? Was it in Auburn? I drive Auburn everyday. Good luck man.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 03'EyeBug
Dayum dude that SUCKS. What road were you on? Was it in Auburn? I drive Auburn everyday. Good luck man.
it was on christian vally road... ya, my buddy said that the whole engine cratel, is done for. so that and basically the front and rear suspension is gonna need to be fixed, or replaced.... talk about a ****ty day...
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
In order to get cal-trans to even consider paying for your damage, you need to have a collision report from the CHP stating there was excessive debris on the roadway that was the primary factor for your loss of control. If the collision was indeed reported, my guess is you were put at fault for either excessive speed or some type of unsafe turning movement. If the collision was not reported (which is not required if there was no injury), you will need to go to the CHP office in Auburn and file what is commonly known as a counter report. You write your own statement on the report and it gets filed at the CHP office. However, getting your insurance company to believe the statement is another matter. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by bobb126
In order to get cal-trans to even consider paying for your damage, you need to have a collision report from the CHP stating there was excessive debris on the roadway that was the primary factor for your loss of control. If the collision was indeed reported, my guess is you were put at fault for either excessive speed or some type of unsafe turning movement. If the collision was not reported (which is not required if there was no injury), you will need to go to the CHP office in Auburn and file what is commonly known as a counter report. You write your own statement on the report and it gets filed at the CHP office. However, getting your insurance company to believe the statement is another matter. Good luck.
im not even considering any of that an option... ha im not worried if it is totalled or not, just like to know if any of u would have good advice on what i should do. im pretty bummed about it, but im gonna get my AP and some other things before i turn it over to insurance...
Old 08-16-2010, 06:56 PM

so, they officially totalled my car this morning... im now on the hunt for another wrx, or a swapped 2.5 rs... if anyone knows of any for sale, let me know...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX, 2008 TRIBECA
R u buying your car back from insurience?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 PM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Originally Posted by jbarbier4
so, last night, i was leaving my friends house and was driving on a windy road, that was resently chip and sealed.... i hit a corner and slid into a ditch at about 40. my car is cosmetically perfect, but my whole suspension/undercarriage/and frame are f***ed! will they total my car for this? i will post pics soon...
The car doesnt have a frame... Its a unibody.. If the underside of the car is wiped out then yes.. It's done. Hope you had full coverage.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Good luck. Cal Trans are the worst douches there are. Must be a bunch of x addicts and retards. In other states their equiv dept does about a 20X better job. It truly brings down California.

If it's just your subframe that got damaged you are ok. Do you have pics?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 04 JBP STI
oh **** man, that sucks. hope everything works out. I see you around town often ( i'm the black sti with carbon hood)

Quick Reply: i wrecked my car.... need advice...