I require assistance with picking a new cell phone.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 PM

Car Info: Black '06 WRX w/ VF39/STi TMIC//Sweet-Ass Mudflaps
Tilt

I've had the tilt since early december....it effin rawks...only drawback is no flash support from the browser.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I'd recommend Blackberry.

Though, in her line of work, a flashy baller hip cool phone like the iPhone might be nice too.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by Egan
I love my Blackjack. It was a vast improvement over the Treo. I miss the tons of shareware available for the Treo, but otherwise that thing sucked.

For a smart phone, the Blackjack is very thin and lightweight. It is a much better phone than the Treo (or anything else I've ever used). Plus it's not very expensive.

Of course it does have one downside - Windows Mobile.
My problem with the black jack is, A) no touch screen, after owning a touch screen phone I honestly couldn't get myself to buy a non-touch screen phone. Not to mention the tilt has a side scroller so you can scroll really fast to the bottom of pages without even having to use the D-Pad. B) it's kind of wide since it has to fit the qwerty keypad. I like the slide out keyboard feature of the Tilt. However since it is a wider keyboard, it makes it so you can't 1Hand type like I use to be able to do with my treo.

Originally Posted by Nick Koan
Though, in her line of work, a flashy baller hip cool phone like the iPhone might be nice too.
he said she needed something to organize stuff with, not look hip in the office
Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 PM

Car Info: Sline
The D-Pad scrolling on the Blackjack II does get a bit annoying, but it's fine once a webpage is loaded. Though I would much rather have a side scroller for ease.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
blackberry 8310 or tilt

/discussion

I think the berrys are on sale for $99 (the red one at least)
Old 02-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
blackberry 8310 or tilt

/discussion

I think the berrys are on sale for $99 (the red one at least)
Yes, the only reason I got the blackjack instead of the 8310 is because I have 30 days to return it and it was $50 less.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Troll

I have never been fond of crackberries interfaces. Plus scrolling with the ball is annoying/cool at the same time. My mom isn't really to fond of her blackberry though, she says it keeps locking up on her.

My 6800 use to lock up every now and then, but after the latest window updates I haven't had that problem
Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
I have never been fond of crackberries interfaces. Plus scrolling with the ball is annoying/cool at the same time. My mom isn't really to fond of her blackberry though, she says it keeps locking up on her.

My 6800 use to lock up every now and then, but after the latest window updates I haven't had that problem
Opera mini will lock mine up occasionally but mostly i like it.

Only problem is its gonna make me crash
Old 02-06-2008, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
My problem with the black jack is, A) no touch screen, after owning a touch screen phone I honestly couldn't get myself to buy a non-touch screen phone. Not to mention the tilt has a side scroller so you can scroll really fast to the bottom of pages without even having to use the D-Pad. B) it's kind of wide since it has to fit the qwerty keypad. I like the slide out keyboard feature of the Tilt. However since it is a wider keyboard, it makes it so you can't 1Hand type like I use to be able to do with my treo.

Blackjack also has a scroll wheel.

It me 2 days with the Blackjack to no longer miss or need the touchscreen. Of course I'm one of those guys that uses keyboard shortcuts instead of icons in Windows and AutoCAD so go figure.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:17 PM

Car Info: subaru impreza 2.5rs 1998
Dude as a prior sales man at ATT you cannot go wrong with the Blackberry I would go with the curve model, But unless you are going to suprise her with it as a gift I would go to the store with her look at the different ones because sometimes with women its looks not function. let her play with all of the phones and then decide. The tilt pictured above is cool but many people complained about the touch screen not being accurate the tilt 2 is suspose to be better but I have not had the pleasure of getting my hands on one.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Egan
Blackjack also has a scroll wheel.

It me 2 days with the Blackjack to no longer miss or need the touchscreen. Of course I'm one of those guys that uses keyboard shortcuts instead of icons in Windows and AutoCAD so go figure.
Same here, used various touch screen Pocket PC's for years, but it was an easy transition to a non-touch screen Dash. I really love that I don't need to use a stylus anymore and can use it with one hand. Plus, with the keyboard I can type 30-40 WPM, touch screen I was at about 20 max.

So whatever you choose, I'd recommend a hardware QWERTY keyboard.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Ew, touchscreen that requires a stylus?

What is this, the year 2000?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by stan187
Dude as a prior sales man at ATT you cannot go wrong with the Blackberry I would go with the curve model, But unless you are going to suprise her with it as a gift I would go to the store with her look at the different ones because sometimes with women its looks not function. let her play with all of the phones and then decide. The tilt pictured above is cool but many people complained about the touch screen not being accurate the tilt 2 is suspose to be better but I have not had the pleasure of getting my hands on one.
Customers are retarded, and don't realize if the touch screen isn't 'accurate' they should recalibrate the screen. I have never ever had that problem with any of my touch screens. I have had a Treo 650, 750, a Pocket PC6700 and now the HTC 6800. I have never ever ever had a problem with my touch screen being inaccurate.....

Originally Posted by Nick Koan
Ew, touchscreen that requires a stylus?

What is this, the year 2000?
word, I just use my damn fingers... it's to big of a pain in the *** to pull out the stylus and put it back in
Old 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Q's and blackjack's suck.

blackberry is a hearty as **** little phone and it works great. plus me and dave can BBmessage her and talk **** behind your back. always a plus
Old 02-06-2008, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by stan187
The curve looks pretty sweet. And yeah, she's coming with me. Her new position is very important to her and whatever she gets needs to work well for her, I don't want to guess at what is cool and screw it up (like normal)

Quick Reply: I require assistance with picking a new cell phone.