"hypothetical" moving violation

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by nachomc
Don't drive in the bike lane you stupid jerk
pay $400 a year in registration on your bike hippie.

i was preparing for a turn...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Why would I pay $400/yr on a bicycle that weighs less than half of a percent of a 3500 lb car, reduces road congestion (if used for commuting, which I do with mine occasionally - about 400 miles last year and 300 or so the year prior), uses no gas/oil to operate and ultimately reduces road wear considering I'm not driving my heavy car those days

BTW did you get out of the ticket?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nachomc
Why would I pay $400/yr on a bicycle that weighs less than half of a percent of a 3500 lb car, reduces road congestion (if used for commuting, which I do with mine occasionally - about 400 miles last year and 300 or so the year prior), uses no gas/oil to operate and ultimately reduces road wear considering I'm not driving my heavy car those days

BTW did you get out of the ticket?
why must you argue with logic and reason lol

not out of it yet, entered a plea of not guilty and have to go back on the 21st. i offered the assistant DA to pay the county $100 with 0 points and plead no contest to save everyone time and money but she said no dice. the officer didn't note that i was actually turning at the intersection, so i might just be able to print up a thingy showing the route i was taking and where and get out of it.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

after a bit of back and forth with the ADA and judge today, charge is dismissed.

the officer did not appear and did not call ahead with a valid excuse. the ADA tried to get me to agree to a postponement, to which i pointed out to him and the judge that if I had not appeared (45 minutes AFTER the time printed on my summons at this point), I would receive a civil judgement and a fine of approx $1500. the ADA hypothesized that the officer was not present, or was late, due to the weather. my reply to that was that I left work an hour earlier than planned due to the weather.

three other suckers before me agreed to the postponement...
Old 01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by RussB
after a bit of back and forth with the ADA and judge today, charge is dismissed.

the officer did not appear and did not call ahead with a valid excuse. the ADA tried to get me to agree to a postponement, to which i pointed out to him and the judge that if I had not appeared (45 minutes AFTER the time printed on my summons at this point), I would receive a civil judgement and a fine of approx $1500. the ADA hypothesized that the officer was not present, or was late, due to the weather. my reply to that was that I left work an hour earlier than planned due to the weather.

three other suckers before me agreed to the postponement...
well played.

I love the postponement ruse by the ADA too...