How much for a new windshield and front door panel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 03:06 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Exclamation How much for a new windshield and front door panel?

How much for a new windshield and front door panel? Trying to decide if I should go through my insurance (with $1000 deductible) or just pay myself.

I was working on the computer when I hear some commotion outside, sounds like a party a couple houses down, don't think much of it. Then a group of thugs walks by my window, get into cars, and drive by making a bunch of noise.

I'm wondering if I should call the cops cause it's 1:30a, but they drive off so I don't. A little later, maybe 20 minutes, the group of thugs is out making noise again (dunno if the group came back or if it's some thugs that were left behind) and I hear something about pepper spray, I hear some bottles break, then they start kicking the cars as they walk down the street. I see them getting up to my car so I set off the alarm, they kick it anyways, and I yell "quit kicking my ****ing car", they just continue on, also pulling off a neighbors mailbox. All in all they damage 4 or 5 cars and a mailbox. Also some dude's shirt is on the sidewalk.

The dude who was having the party claims he doesn't know these people, but he offered to make payments to us for the damage.

Hence my question of the approximate cost to fix the damage. If I go through insurance my rates would likely go up, so I'd like to stay away from that option.

Guess things like this happen...been parking out here for over 4 years and have had no problem, figures it would happen just 4 months before I get a garage...

for any advice.

Windshield

Door

Door2

Hottie

Walking to the partyhouse

Rock (that I think smashed my windshield)

Mailbox (federal crime)

Bye bye popo
Attached Thumbnails How much for a new windshield and front door panel?-img_1405-medium-.jpg   How much for a new windshield and front door panel?-img_1406-medium-.jpg   How much for a new windshield and front door panel?-img_1391-medium-.jpg   How much for a new windshield and front door panel?-img_1392-medium-.jpg   How much for a new windshield and front door panel?-img_1403-medium-.jpg  

How much for a new windshield and front door panel?-img_1412-medium-.jpg   How much for a new windshield and front door panel?-img_1413-medium-.jpg   How much for a new windshield and front door panel?-img_1417-medium-.jpg  
Old 07-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
if i read this... you will be able to *****... nice destrication
Old 07-23-2006, 03:43 AM

bump.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:07 AM

bump
Old 07-23-2006, 04:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
You've got a nice neighbor.

I mean, he doesn't even know who damaged your car but he'll go ahead and pay for it anyway. right..
Old 07-23-2006, 04:10 AM

Yeah, and the cops can do nothing since no one can identify who actually did the damage. I almost followed them as they drove off, but got downstairs too late. Oh yeah, and he was drunk when he said he help pay.

Yeah, I'll prolly be paying for it myself, but I'm guessing I can get both fixed for under $1000.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I've "heard" that factory windshields are like $800 or something. Generic windshields are $200 - $300. Not sure on the door - luckily you (and the rest of the world) have a silver car so you might score at the junkyard.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:36 AM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Sorry to hear about your car, it would seem like the cops could do more since somebody at the party had to know them and they damaged more then one car.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:05 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
ouch... sorry to hear about your car will..
Old 07-23-2006, 08:57 AM

Where's the salvage place?
Old 07-23-2006, 09:34 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
When I cracked the windshield in my STi I went with an aftermarket piece through Import Auto Glass. I think it was $169 installed. As for the door damage, that looks pretty bad. Did you ever see the tiny little dent on my fender that my dad did? That was $962. Go see my buddy Dave Smith over at Kniesel's. I've known the guy 15 years. He'll take good care of you regardless of how you decide to pay for it. On that note, submit it to your insurance. It will be over $1000 and they can't raise your rates for damage you weren't responsible for. They may even waive your deductible for something like this. Dave's number at work is 725-1777.

Last edited by iceman302; 07-23-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
I'd imagine that the cost of the door skin plus paint and install, and then add in the cost of a new windshield and I think that it'd be a bit above your deductible cost.

Sucks, man. I probably would have killed someone.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:40 PM

I found a bunch of other scratches and dings too that I couldn't see at night.

Just talked to my dad who said they'd really need to repaint the whole car to get the colors of any touchups to match exactly.

The neighbors are going over to talk to the parents in a little while. I guess the parents were out of town, and they have some windows in their house broken, 65" TV broken, and their car has dents.

My Sherrif neighbor talked to some other dude who knows the kid who had the party and I guess this kid had recently gotten kicked out of the marines for doing cocaine.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
So when are you moving out of the slums again? On the plus side, maybe he could hook you up with a crack *****...

Originally Posted by T-Will
I found a bunch of other scratches and dings too that I couldn't see at night.

Just talked to my dad who said they'd really need to repaint the whole car to get the colors of any touchups to match exactly.

The neighbors are going over to talk to the parents in a little while. I guess the parents were out of town, and they have some windows in their house broken, 65" TV broken, and their car has dents.

My Sherrif neighbor talked to some other dude who knows the kid who had the party and I guess this kid had recently gotten kicked out of the marines for doing cocaine.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Did they scream '**** yo car *****!!!'... I'm stomping on yo car *****'!!!

Quick Reply: How much for a new windshield and front door panel?