HELP! my car is making noise!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 Impreza Wrx
well if the sound goes away when i turn off the a/c does that mean it still could be a belt? could i just spray some wd-40 on the compressor? haha cuz when the a/c is on and the compressor rotates it kinda locks up at some points and pauses for a second. ahh i have no idea. im a noob when it comes to cars...
Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 PM
mda

Car Info: ?
based on that^^^

Honestly, it's cheaper not to break something and have someone look at it...than you turn a wrench and make an expensive mistake. Know what I'm saying here?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by mda
based on that^^^

Honestly, it's cheaper not to break something and have someone look at it...than you turn a wrench and make an expensive mistake. Know what I'm saying here?
this is good advice...
Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 PM

yeah thats true, haha i just really hope its not gonna be hundreds of dollars to fix! im scared and broke! it may be a really hot summer with no a/c lol...
Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
my wrx is the first car ive owned WITH A/C
Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 PM

well crap i guess i gotta just suck it up and take it in! i dont want the subie to get hurt even more... so dbtuned? how much will it be approximately?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Churro Aficionado

you will have to call and ask Paul in the AM.. he norm shows up around or just after 730am
Old 07-03-2009, 02:56 AM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
Originally Posted by NorCalWrxGirl04
well if the sound goes away when i turn off the a/c does that mean it still could be a belt? could i just spray some wd-40 on the compressor? haha cuz when the a/c is on and the compressor rotates it kinda locks up at some points and pauses for a second. ahh i have no idea. im a noob when it comes to cars...
You might have a shot ac compressor (or the little magnetic clutch pack on it that engages it). DO NOT spray anything on it. If it is the compressor you could get a completely good one at a junk yard for about 50 bux and replacing it is a breeze. Diagnosing it is simple/easy and quick....If you need any help shoot me a pm..Good luck
-Vladi

Last edited by Vladi; 07-03-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:18 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
you can test to see if its belt slip by putting bow resin for a violin bow on the belt and seeing if the sound changes.... but tis probly easier to take it in than find bow resin
Old 07-03-2009, 03:19 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
well crap i guess i gotta just suck it up and take it in! i dont want the subie to get hurt even more... so dbtuned? how much will it be approximately?
theres a discount if you bring him baked goods. or if your fingernails are painted sherbert orange (dont ask how i know)
Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Jaime...may I call you Jaime?...you're killing me...just stop by & let me look at your car.
It'll cost you nothing to have a "professional" tell you what's wrong.

Originally Posted by irrational x
theres a discount if you bring him baked goods. or if your fingernails are painted sherbert orange (dont ask how i know)
That only works with you.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Churro Aficionado

you can test to see if its belt slip by putting bow resin for a violin bow on the belt and seeing if the sound changes.... but tis probly easier to take it in than find bow resin

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned

That only works with you.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:52 AM

Car Info: Nadda
DBtuned will not rip you off. Diagnostic usually cost any normal place grip just to LOOK and figure out the problem. Paul does it for free, that is already a savings of $100 at least. The rest is up to Paul's Discretion. Again, he will not rip you off. He will TELL you exactly what will cost what IF he has to do it.

If he can figure out a way to fix the problem with a part that we can do ourselves, he'll let us know. He did that with my gas cap. This guy will take care of you, your car, and he is 110% explicit with charges. NEVER have I once heard a complaint about him. He is nice and will fix your car as cheap as possible with OEM parts. You can't ask for anything more than that. Absolutely cheaper than a SUBARU dealership.

He also throws in a plumbers crack when he has to bend low, so be prepared for a peep show every now n' then. LoL
Old 07-03-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
He also throws in a plumbers crack when he has to bend low, so be prepared for a peep show every now n' then. LoL
haha thats awesome! i cant wait lol. thanks for everyones help! i will def bring it in to dbtuned next week cuz u close at 6 and not open on sats...thanks!

Last edited by NorCalWrxGirl04; 07-03-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:13 PM

Car Info: Nadda
haha thats awesome! i cant wait lol. thanks for everyones help! i will def bring it in to dbtuned next week cuz u close at 6 and not open on sats...thanks!
Actually call him, he is opened maybe twice out of the month on Saturday's. I usually am a weekend warrior myself because I'm so busy on the weekdays. And if you're cute, he'll stay opened a little later just for you! (j/p, but because it is sunny 'til 9:30pm now... I'm sure he won't be afraid of getting mugged after hours) LoL

Have fun.

Quick Reply: HELP! my car is making noise!