Happy (thursday) Anniversary to Justin and Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by Cohnster
I think street racers and muderers are a different issue. I doubt she understood what she was getting into or even what water intoxication was, hence the fact that she drank too much water and died from it. Its not like she knew that it was going to happen, if she knew the risks (which I am sure she did not), and she did it anyways, then yeah, she's a ****ing idiot and the husband has no right to seek compensation, but that isn't the case here from the facts that I've read about.

if she didn't know if you drank to much water you could die, especially after someone JUST dieing from hazing from drinking to much water... Then Social Darwinism > Her... Only the Strongest survive... and since she was obviously one step above mentally retarded... she deserved to die....
Old 01-25-2007, 06:27 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
if she didn't know if you drank to much water you could die, especially after someone JUST dieing from hazing from drinking to much water... Then Social Darwinism > Her... Only the Strongest survive... and since she was obviously one step above mentally retarded... she deserved to die....
QFT...
cohn seems to be an enabler.
everyone is entitled to their opinion. and it just so happens he wants to feel compassion for a balloon holder.

its too bad they didnt get her 20yrs prior to now. shes already had a few soon to be re-re's. hopefully they learn from their mother's mistakes and get smart.....sadly they most likely wont, being that their dad is enabling them. "hey kids.... mommy died trying to get you that christmas present, so lets sue and wreck the lives of numerous people...all because we "DESERVE" it.... "

i'm telling you... castration was the best thing Oregon ever did. aside from let them pump your gas....but sadly they cant even do that right.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Troll

I agree with Mad Rabbit on this one....

and now they are trying to sue nintendo, the radio station, and soon they shall sue water companies.. I hope they all get hit by a bus
Old 01-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Troll

Oops... I meant trying to shut down the radio station which is just ****in stupid
Old 01-25-2007, 07:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by Cohnster
In my job you have to identify EVERY potential risk before you go on the jobsite, and that includes liability for errant parties that might wonder onto your jobsite and hurt themselves on your equipment. You are ALWAYS liable, even for stupid idiots, and that's what the radio station should have thought of.
I'd imagine that there is a minor amount of "care" going on there, in regards to your superiors actually caring about your welfare, and a whole heap of CYA to keep insurance costs low and limit liability from someone sueing your company because they tripped over a rock or fell in a hole or whatever.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:49 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GT35 STI
I agree with Mad Rabbit on this one....

and now they are trying to sue nintendo, the radio station, and soon they shall sue water companies.. I hope they all get hit by a bus
Wait..are they seriously trying to sue Nintendo? I hadn't read that. If they are, then I think that only proves what I was saying about the father trying to turn a tragedy in to a payday.

/me goes and checks news reports
Old 01-25-2007, 07:53 PM
VIP Member

KCRA has no info about nintendo getting sued.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
happy b day
Old 01-25-2007, 08:01 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I thought I head something about them suing nintendo as well on a news report, maybe they changed their minds?

:rollseyes:
Old 01-25-2007, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
So what do you guys think about the fact that husband of the woman who died in that radio station contest recently, is now suing the station for punitive damages?

Personally, I think it's her fault. Yeah, the contest was stupid, as there was an obvious chance for danger, however, it always comes down to being your own responsibility to protect yourself, and do your best to know what you're getting in to. I know the husband is just looking for someone to blame (besides his wife) at this point, and likely for a way to generate a quick few bucks to secure himself a nice future at the expense of the station, but I really don't think they're liable.

What do you guys think?
i think the fault lies 100% with the woman. common sense would be that if you're consuming massive ammounts of anything and don't feel well as a result, you should stop immediately.

or maybe the radio station gave her dihydrogen monoxide instead of water? http://www.dhmo.org/
Old 01-25-2007, 08:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RussB
i think the fault lies 100% with the woman. common sense would be that if you're consuming massive ammounts of anything and don't feel well as a result, you should stop immediately.

or maybe the radio station gave her dihydrogen monoxide instead of water? http://www.dhmo.org/
We need to ban that **** ASAP
Old 01-25-2007, 08:28 PM

Car Info: .
I'm pretty sure I saw the family's sleaze-ball attorney on TV saying he was going to sue the DJ's, the radio station, Clear Channel, Nintendo, possibly the FCC and even Justin Timberlake (because his concert was being promoted at the same time as the contest).

I don't think it's a case of the husband being sue-happy, because all his statements are very carefully worded and crafted (he usually reads it straight off the paper). It's the mother****ing lawyer that wants to sue everyone and their brother.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
We need to ban that **** ASAP
no ****...

Originally Posted by dhmo site
Dihydrogen Monoxide Facts
Dihydrogen monoxide:

* is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
* contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
* may cause severe burns.
* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:29 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
I wonder when they're going to sue God, the one who made the water!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by T-Will
I wonder when they're going to sue God, the one who made the water!!!
i'm telling you, it wasn't water, it was dihydrogen monoxide!

Quick Reply: Happy (thursday) Anniversary to Justin and Me!!!