Greetings, I'm new, sayin hi

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 2001 Mazda MX-5 (Miata)
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
So far I'm pretty happy with it. I don't plan on drifting it though, at least not intentionally- much like with my RS. The Torsen that comes with the M edition on my '96 is perfect for track and autocross. It provides maximum torque to both wheels without spinning or breaking loose.

Actually I'd heard that Miatas aren't really great for drifting due to the short wheelbase, but that's just hearsay I guess.

So far the only mods I've done are KYB AGX, a Racing Beat front sway, Hawk HP+ pads, and a Hard Dog Hardcore 2 roll bar. Miracoulously it works with oth my non-OEM glass window soft top and the factory hardtop I got with the car, when the website says it won't work with either. Lucky me! Coming next spring are Tein Flex, new wheels, probably OZ SLs, Flyin' Miata clutch and flywheel package, and maybe the Racing Beat header for the old 1.8.
Hehe nice. I really need to get some KYB AGX struts. However, stock is still good and stiff for me since it's a 2001 model. I wish I could've afforded a Hard Dog bar but alas, I didn't want to wait so I just ordered a style bar from http://www.frenzybars.com/ He hooked me up for like $180 for a steel one with the windblocker and sadlebag. So if I die, oh well, I dun really care that much, at least I die having fun.

I'm pretty ghetto when it comes to mods I don't have a lot of money. Hence why the RX-7 LSD was a good choice for me. I hunt around for great deals and save every dollar I can, haha. I found a Shop in Santa Rosa that is gonna hook me up with the rest of my bomex kit (only sides & rear) for $350 (not a knock off).

I go through tires fairly quickly so the used tire shop on Fair Oaks Blvd & Manzanita hooks me and some of the 240 guys for like $25 a tire mounted and balanced.

Anyways, sounds like you got a nice ride!

Last edited by DriftMX5; 11-02-2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:15 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by DriftMX5
Hehe nice. I really need to get some KYB AGX struts. However, stock is still good and stiff for me since it's a 2001 model. I wish I could've afforded a Hard Dog bar but alas, I didn't want to wait so I just ordered a style bar from http://www.frenzybars.com/ He hooked me up for like $180 for a steel one with the windblocker and sadlebag. So if I die, oh well, I dun really care that much, at least I die having fun.

I'm pretty ghetto when it comes to mods I don't have a lot of money. Hence why the RX-7 LSD was a good choice for me. I hunt around for great deals and save every dollar I can, haha. I found a Shop in Santa Rosa that is gonna hook me up with the rest of my bomex kit (only sides & rear) for $350 (not a knock off).

I go through tires fairly quickly so the used tire shop on Fair Oaks Blvd & Manzanita hooks me and some of the 240 guys for like $25 a tire mounted and balanced.

Anyways, sounds like you got a nice ride!
You must have the Bilstein sport suspension package. I've heard really good things about it. Seriously, I can't stress strongly enough that you get a 4 point rollbar like the Hard Dog HC2. It's SCCA Solo I approved, which means you never have to worry about being turned away at an event or trackday for not having sufficient rollover protection. I spent about $400 getting mine, and I wouldn't want to drive the car hard without it. Plus it gives you some added chassis stiffness, which you'll appreciate. Plus it makes it much more acceptable to wear a 4 or 5 point harness when you're flogging it.

$25 a tire is a pretty sweet deal! I happen to have 2 205/50R16 Potenza S03s I could hook you up with, but they would be a bit more than $25 apiece.

The only body or "appearance" mods I'll do to the car are the lip and carbon wing that were on Project Miata in SCC a couple months ago. Functional aero parts! Woo!~ Not very necessary before I get a turbo on it though.