Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 12:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
'Grand Theft Auto' slapped with lawsuit

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/fun.gam....ap/index.html

what a load of bull sh....
Old 01-28-2006, 12:47 AM

i never played the mini game involving sex on the PS2 version, but i heard about it. that is kinda crazy considering 10 year olds might have access to it. Dunno though, seems like the lawsuit will help sell more games.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:55 AM
VIP Member

what all the "adults" seem to have lost perspective of, is that getting your freak on with your woman is the only act in the game that as a real life act, is not a violation of the law.

WTF?
Old 01-28-2006, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by sytran666
i never played the mini game involving sex on the PS2 version, but i heard about it. that is kinda crazy considering 10 year olds might have access to it. Dunno though, seems like the lawsuit will help sell more games.
its reminded me I still have that game! I'm gonna play it tomorrow
Old 01-28-2006, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by sytran666

You right 10 year old might have access to a Mature rated game, now whose fault is that. I'm pretty sure my 9 yo can get a hold of alot of things, but that game isn't one of them. Also how many of them have cable access? Playstation 2, xbox, xbox 360, and most cable/sat boxes all have the ability to block content above a certain level. They already had put a mature rating on it, now I think it's an adult only. When do the parents do there part? It just pisses me off that these people will not be a parent to thier kids

On a side note, I walked in the living room yesterday and my kid was simulating touching the breasts of Kristin Kreuk on the tv. Should I sue?
Old 01-28-2006, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by pbchief2
On a side note, I walked in the living room yesterday and my kid was simulating touching the breasts of Kristin Kreuk on the tv. Should I sue?
No, that is perfectly acceptable behaviour.

I do that too.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
what all the "adults" seem to have lost perspective of, is that getting your freak on with your woman is the only act in the game that as a real life act, is not a violation of the law.

WTF?
well, technically if the boy is 10years old and hes getting his freak on with a older prostitute its considered statutory rape
Old 01-28-2006, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by pbchief2

Most definetly, she was clearly trying to entice your son. I would think that legally, she would have to bring her breasts to your house, because of the irreversible damages done otherwise. Your son might grow up thinking that breasts are hard, flat and pixelated. For the sake of society, we can't have that happening.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
You guys are missing the point.

There's a system of checks and balances there to protect parents from buying certain video games for minors and Rock Star blatantly disregarded it. It's not like mini game programed itself. They gave a false interpretation of the game which gave them a lower rating.

This lower rating allowed them to sell far more games than ever expected. Then they let time take its toll to unveil the “mini game” which could eventually bring a civil suit. In turn they get more negative publicity and have enough money to burn for any obstacle such as this.

I am usually wary of suits regarding content and free speech. I am all for this civil suit ONLY because RockStar blatantly avoided the rules in place. The blatant proof is the fact they had to hide such programing within the game. Had these rules never existed then Rock Star would be safe and I wouldn’t care anyways.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Okay, here is the current rating system. Again, why not take a little time and make sure the content is appropriate. According to the ratings 17+ is the right age. Also, aren't ERSB rating optional? I can show you plenty of sexual references in other entertainment.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:25 PM

Car Info: RSX Club Holla!
man thats some bull... its an adult game... there is so much more lil kids can see on basic cable.... and if they get HBO....
Old 01-28-2006, 09:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Boosted Wht Guy
man thats some bull... its an adult game... there is so much more lil kids can see on basic cable.... and if they get HBO....
Right, but if you are buying cable or HBO you're an adult. When you purchase cable as an adult with children the burden of censorship falls into your hands as a parent if you choose.

Originally Posted by pb2chief
Okay, here is the current rating system. Again, why not take a little time and make sure the content is appropriate. According to the ratings 17+ is the right age. Also, aren't ERSB rating optional? I can show you plenty of sexual references in other entertainment.
Seems like they were going off the original content in giving the mature rating which did have sexual content. Then when they caught word of this "mini game" the added sexual content pushed it into the higher bracket? Here's the thing though... they hid an explicit game inside the main game without disclosure. I enjoy RockStar games as much as the next guy but think about how stupid a move that is for a second. Had they hid balloon fight or duck hunt in the game then they probably would have disclosed it just to get a lower rating.

An ESRB rating is mandatory if video game publishers want their games stocked on the shelves of the big retailers.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
Seems like they were going off the original content in giving the mature rating which did have sexual content. Then when they caught word of this "mini game" the added sexual content pushed it into the higher bracket? Here's the thing though... they hid an explicit game inside the main game without disclosure. I enjoy RockStar games as much as the next guy but think about how stupid a move that is for a second. Had they hid balloon fight or duck hunt in the game then they probably would have disclosed it just to get a lower rating.

An ESRB rating is mandatory if video game publishers want their games stocked on the shelves of the big retailers.

My gripe mostly lies American culture. The way the politics of this game have played out says to me, that; Sex, despite it being a common, natural, legal act, is treaded as this horrible thing for children to be portentously exposed to. Yet graphic violence and profanity are treated as an bad yet acceptable thing. The cluster f*** the Superbowl half time show is a perfect example. No one seamed to care the game is about guys going out of their way to harm other guys and that some times the words used on the field can be heard on the TV. But half a sec of booby is shown and the FCC is pressured by the parents around the world to intervene.

I'm not a parent, i don't go to PTA meetings, I seldom seam to care about what's best for the children. The way i see it, if you expose them early and explain the rights wrongs and reasons to the various acts 'adults' do, More power to you. On the flip side, I've seen my share of children (mostly 8 year old boys) at Hooters getting their look on, while I was told not to curse.

In defence of Rockstar, the Hot Coffee mod requires a crack of the game's coding. Through the use of a Gameshark or PC mods. It's not like a Easter egg where you press a few random buttons and then it happens. It was hidden in the code and not meant to be shown, to anyone. But hackers had to do their thing...
Old 02-01-2006, 06:22 PM

Car Info: '99 2.5rs - Rally Blue
i like how you can savagely murder as many people as you want in the game but they get in trouble for having fake nudity :rotfl:
________
Green Crack Pictures

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 01:30 PM.