Front Sway Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007 | 06:41 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by T-cel89
I can spell. I just type too Fast. Or is it i think faster than i can type? So i type a letter too soon on the the word before or the wrong letter is in the area where i would hit next.

It seems to me though you are only on this forum to nit pick. Im sure you have somthing better to do? Or dont you? Why not try starting your own thread? Instead of being a punk on some one elses. By that i mean post somthing relevant to the topic. But either way I am glad you are hear to tell us these things, i'll use it the next time i go to the bank.
HERE j00 R nEwb!
Old 01-15-2007 | 06:47 PM

Car Info: 1999 Impreza L
Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
You are an idiot.

please go back to the ghetto. you have far tooooooo many spelling mistakes.
oh and... FSB ftl.
Ghetto? Damn you realy have nothing better to do than insult some one. I really hope you are joking. We have met before. You are the dude with the mini truck right? Matt is it? Remind me to mail you a spoon so you can eat my *** out with it. Get a life Brah... <_<
Old 01-15-2007 | 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
HERE j00 R nEwb!
Damn you live in elk grove too? You want to be a tutor?
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
The bank? I'm lost.

Here's the deal. The vast majority of people here are responsible, mature adults, and would prefer to converse that way. The "1337 speak" and poor grammar that some people consistently display reflect poorly on the board as a whole because it looks like the keyboard rantings of a an immature 12-year-old with poor motor control. I've ripped into other people who asked questions with poor phrasing or atrocious spelling; it comes down to this. If you're going to ask for someone's assistance, opinion, etc, you should put enough time into it to actually make it legible. I'm not talking about an occasional typo, I'm talking about intentional misspellings and continued retarded slang; why should someone take the time to respond to someone's query if the requester can't even take the time to write it out properly?

Some of the boards I'm on ban people for that kind of ****, becuase they try to promote intelligent discourse between mature individuals. I see a post with all kinds of mispellings and general disregard of proper english and I just gloss over it. I wasn't an English major, but I can't avoid the thought that the person typing the illegible request is an idiot who doesn't care how he is presented to the outside world. That's not "keepin' it real, y0", it's not "from da str33tz", it's just lazy.

Ghetto? Damn you realy have nothing better to do than insult some one. I really hope you are joking. We have met before. You are the dude with the mini truck right? Matt is it? Remind me to mail you a spoon so you can eat my *** out with it. Get a life Brah... <_<
that is fcking disgusting! i am never going to your starbucks again
Old 01-15-2007 | 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by sybir
The bank? I'm lost.

Here's the deal. The vast majority of people here are responsible, mature adults, and would prefer to converse that way. The "1337 speak" and poor grammar that some people consistently display reflect poorly on the board as a whole because it looks like the keyboard rantings of a an immature 12-year-old with poor motor control. I've ripped into other people who asked questions with poor phrasing or atrocious spelling; it comes down to this. If you're going to ask for someone's assistance, opinion, etc, you should put enough time into it to actually make it legible. I'm not talking about an occasional typo, I'm talking about intentional misspellings and continued retarded slang; why should someone take the time to respond to someone's query if the requester can't even take the time to write it out properly?

Some of the boards I'm on ban people for that kind of ****, becuase they try to promote intelligent discourse between mature individuals. I see a post with all kinds of mispellings and general disregard of proper english and I just gloss over it. I wasn't an English major, but I can't avoid the thought that the person typing the illegible request is an idiot who doesn't care how he is presented to the outside world. That's not "keepin' it real, y0", it's not "from da str33tz", it's just lazy.
Thats cool and I understand what you are saying. But i dont type well, and the online chat and slang has not helped. But just because i have grammer issues does not make me an idiot or even lazy. That type of stuff is in common usage online and is accepted a lot of places. But if it's really that big of a deal to you, why do wait till now to say somthing? I know your post was not a personal attack, but am not the only one who does it.
Old 01-15-2007 | 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
that is fcking disgusting! i am never going to your starbucks again
Dude I do not even know you. And i am sure you have heard worse throughout your life. And thats fine dont come to "my" Starbucks there are 50 million other Starbucks around the corner, and all the money goes to the same place.
Old 01-15-2007 | 07:31 PM

Dude I do not even know you. And i am sure you have heard worse throughout your life. And thats fine dont come to "my" Starbucks there are 50 million other Starbucks around the corner, and all the money goes to the same place.
the spoon your might send to matt might be the same spoon you use to stir your coffee
Old 01-15-2007 | 07:38 PM

Car Info: .
HOLD YOUR FIRE!

Take your corner's gentlemen, this isn't very productive.

Let's just go back to discussing swaybars, O.K?
Old 01-15-2007 | 07:53 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
I'm not saying that using slang or typing poorly means you're an idiot. What I'm saying is that it does create the image you project. I've been saying this for years, it's nothing new. Search for any post by Ccorsair
I'm not making a personal judgment, but I am speaking for a lot of people who see that style of typing and automatically make an assumption. Whether it's right or wrong is almost immaterial; you can't tell other people what to think of you, all they can go on is what you present yourself as, online or in person. It's your call as to whether you're comfortable with that and can handle any criticism or derision that arise from that, or if you want to slow your roll and reevaluate how you express yourself to other people on a public forum.

Me, I'm a total ******* who tends to speak up for groups of people and call people on ****, because for years I was involved with a vendor and tended to keep my mouth shut so that I didn't besmirch the name of the busness I was associated with. When I no longer had that concern, I decided I felt better about calling out dumb **** when I saw it, so that people would hopefully learn from other people's mistakes and such. I'm abrasive, I'm a dick, I'm opinionated, but I also stand up for my friends and what I beleive in. If someone's dick gets stepped on after they go swinging it around (not referring to any event in particular) I don't really care, because it's more important to me to lay the cards out and get the facts straight before people get the wrong information. I'm comfortable with the fact that some people may not like me, becuase I know there are other people who respect that I'm laying it out there for people that might not understand it or hear it otherwise. If you get defensive about a character trait, people are going to give you **** about it; friends, enemies, and noncombatants alike. You have to pick one or the other. You either change your behavior to alter your image, or you decide you're fine with it and you roll with what comes of it.

[/rant]
Old 01-15-2007 | 09:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
BTW, if you don't already use Firefox 2.0, check it out, it has auto spell check on forms, and makes me seem like less of an idiot...or not...
Old 01-18-2007 | 11:48 AM

Car Info: Nadda
I think it depends on how you like your car. I know a few people who just put rear struts/sway, and maybe the front struts, but keep off the front sway because they like to loosen their back side easier.