Friday- now with 100% more cowbell in the title.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
what is the topic?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Irrational x
‘Hugh’. Telephone Interview. 25 October 2007.
Last name Hefner?

Originally Posted by VRT Gump
what is the topic?
Srsly?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by jvick125
Does anyone know how to integrate SQL Statements into an ASP webpage?

Creating and embedding your SQL statement(s) into the asp page is very simple, and very visual, barring that you might have any complex functions you'd need to use. Right-click on the project name and select Add Data Command. Enter the name you wish to give the command (I've used "Basequery"), choose SQL Statement and SQL Builder. After a brief wait, the SQL builder window appears. You need to drag the data table you're going to use (mine is HOMEADV) into the central design pane. InterDev will display all the fields available to you in the table. From this, you may click on those you wish to include in your query. I've included MLNUM, STATUS, CITY, and LPRICEA. As you select your fields, the SQL window (two panes below the main) will display the SQL statement as it's being built. To customize the statement (I set the LPRICEA to less than 80000) you'll hand edit it in this viewer. When you're done designing the query, remember to save it. Then return to your asp page in the project viewer.

From the toolbar menu on the left, select Design-Time Controls, and Recordset. Drag the recordset control into the area marked by the "Add your content above" tag. The recordset control appears, which you'll need to modify to insert your query. If the Connection pulldown within the control doesn't show the name of the data connection you've added to the project, click on it and select the correct connection. The database object needs to be set to DE Commands and the Object Name must be set to that of your query. Save the file, and then choose View in Browser. You should now see a page displaying the data from your query. That's it! That's really all there is to creating database-connected Web pages with Visual InterDev.

If you don't see a nicely formatted data-connected page, there may be a problem with your configuration. Some things to check include:

* Did you install Internet Information Server or Personal Web Server when installing InterDev?
* Did you install FrontPage extensions and Active Server Pages support?
* Do you have any security permissions set on the database? If so, you need to set those permissions when creating the data connection in InterDev.

As a closing note regarding InterDev, you should really run it under NT 4.0, as IIS and Active Server Pages can be problematic under Windows 95/98, even when you're just using it to develop sites and not deploy them. On another note, Active Server Pages are no longer Windows-specific - there have been ports for Unix and Linux developed, and a module for Apache has also been in place for some time now.

That's all there is for this series on SQL. Hopefully by now you have a basic understanding of SQL statements, structures, and its overall utility. With so many Web application development tools integrating SQL, I'm sure you'll find it quite useful when designing truly dynamic, database-driven Web sites.

http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/articles/sql_3.html

see if that helps you
Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
lunch with girl from work..... 39mins.

haha...oh the joys of a motorbikel
Old 11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
epitome of a troll= johnny std
You're just mad because you are one of the three people on here I don't like... I'd be pissed too if I wasn't liked by me
Old 11-30-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Thanks, I think it will.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by CNN

(CNN) -- Police are at a Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign office in New Hampshire to address what CNN affiliates are reporting as a hostage situation. The affiliates said the incident began about 1 p.m. at the headquarters in Rochester.

WCVB-TV in Boston said it is unclear how many people were being held.

WMUR in New Hampshire said the hostage-taker was an armed man.

The WMUR Web site said a witness, Lettie Tzizik, told the station she spoke to a woman shortly after she was released from the office by the hostage-taker.

"A young woman with a 6-month or 8-month-old infant came rushing into the store just in tears, and she said, 'You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape,'" the Web site reported.

Clinton was in the Washington area at the time of the incident.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
You're just mad because you are one of the three people on here I don't like... I'd be pissed too if I wasn't liked by me
hahhahahahhaah

pwnt!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
hahhahahahhaah

pwnt!
dont quote the troll

and that made perfect sense
Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by CNN
Clinton was in the Washington area at the time of the incident.
Your reaction should be something more like

The bomber needs to do his research next time.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
dont quote the troll

and that made perfect sense
mass ownage makes no sense to weaklings like yourself... One day when you are on my level, it will all come to you!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Troll

Your reaction should be something more like

The bomber needs to do his research next time.
maybe if I gave a **** about Hillary Clinton i'd be scared.... It's all a government conspiracy... George Bush is trying to bomb Hillary Clintons Campaign office to stop her chances!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:41 AM

maybe if I gave a **** about Hillary Clinton i'd be scared.... It's all a government conspiracy... George Bush is trying to bomb Hillary Clintons Campaign office to stop her chances!
You think I give 2 S***s about Hillary? I would not be sad if someone is making a legitimate effort to take her out.

:x
Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Troll

You think I give 2 S***s about Hillary? I would not be sad if someone is making a legitimate effort to take her out.

:x
the goberments watching j00 now
Old 11-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Troll

Ahh found the real reason behind it....
"WASHINGTON (CNN) — Hillary Clinton has canceled her speech before the Democratic National Committee as a result of the developments at her New Hampshire office, DNC Chairman Howard Dean announced.

“Unfortunately as some of you know, there is a hostage situation in New Hampshire involving a Clinton campaign staff person," he said. "The details are sketchy at this time, but understandably Senator Clinton is now dealing with this very difficult problem and she is not going to be able to join us today. And we will keep them in our prayers and hope for a resolution to this situation in New Hampshire.”

She didn't have her speech ready!

Quick Reply: Friday- now with 100% more cowbell in the title.