Dealer advice in the Sacramento area for purchasing an STi

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:29 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by doubleurx
I just bought my '05 from Autowest two weeks ago. They had 4 STI's on sale for $3500 off MSRP. I got mine for $29,600 with security system and auto dimming mirror. Brand new with 8 miles on the odometer. They had great service and I have no complaints what so ever.
sigh.

I was there 2 weeks ago when the 5+ STIs where there and they wouldn't budge from their $2-3000 OVER MSRP.

Their sale's manager Dennis pointed at that fee and called it a "dealers adjustment fee due to their prime selling location." I look at him with a straight face and told him "I only came here for a test drive, and if I am purchasing today I am thinking more along the lines of Invoice." He replied with "They're selling at this price (36k+) we have no incentive to adjust it.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by 337drew
sigh.

I was there 2 weeks ago when the 5+ STIs where there and they wouldn't budge from their $2-3000 OVER MSRP.

Their sale's manager Dennis pointed at that fee and called it a "dealers adjustment fee due to their prime selling location." I look at him with a straight face and told him "I only came here for a test drive, and if I am purchasing today I am thinking more along the lines of Invoice." He replied with "They're selling at this price (36k+) we have no incentive to adjust it.

That's pretty funny. Deal with ericdared81, he seems to be making some pretty decent deals
Old 10-13-2004, 05:03 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by doubleurx
I just bought my '05 from Autowest two weeks ago. They had 4 STI's on sale for $3500 off MSRP. I got mine for $29,600 with security system and auto dimming mirror. Brand new with 8 miles on the odometer. They had great service and I have no complaints what so ever.
wow.. thats a great deal
Old 10-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
you can't put deposits on cars in california.

By DMV regulations either the car is sold or it's available for sale. If there is no signed contract for the car then it has to be available for sale.

Dealerships don't really take deposits for cars they just help the customer make the metal connection to the car by holding money.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:01 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by ericdared81
you can't put deposits on cars in california.

By DMV regulations either the car is sold or it's available for sale. If there is no signed contract for the car then it has to be available for sale.

Dealerships don't really take deposits for cars they just help the customer make the metal connection to the car by holding money.

sneaky bastards !!

lol
Old 10-14-2004, 08:18 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
hey eric do you do refinances??
Old 10-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
I'm not sure. I personally wouldn't because I really don't handle all of the financing.

But the finance director might do them. I'll check.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by EVO VIII
I could have gotten a STi there, and almost did ( intil I stopped in a Mitsubishi) they gave me a price of 29500. The fact that your deal got turned down, well that isnt entirely their fault. Banks are to blame here, they like to go back on deals which forces the dealership to do the same.. Here is a story: My friend bought a 03 EVO and drove it of the lot. He drove it for a month and 1000 miles. At the end of the month the Dealership called im and told him that they needed the car back because the bank ( golden 1) had all of a sudden decided not to finance him. WTF, you cant give the dealership an appoval code and then go back on it. Well he gave the car back and got his entire down payment back, well he got to drive an evo around for a month for free! not a bad deal, but still those rotten banks. He still wants to get and EVO.
you know the same thing happend to my girl but she kept her car.
And she has teh pimp credit score.
Golden One can be tricky.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:36 PM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
Golden1....worst bank...period.

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Golden One can be tricky.
Golden1 can BITE IT!
they are by far the WORST banking establishment EVAR!!!!

wife & I have had a checking, savings & car loan thru them since we got engaged. (4+ years)

they've STILL not updated our account to reflect my wifes "new" last name.
they have put holds on payroll checks deposited into the ATM for over a week,
then the teller says "if i were you i would NEVER do deposits via ATM...if you wait until the next day and walk in it will be IMMEDIATELY credited to your account..."
these are just a few "small" things they've done while we've had our accounts with them....

we've paid probably over $500 in "overdraft" charges for funds that they said were available then retuned the checks/ATM transactions.

their customer service sux it royally, and the branch managers are clueless.
all in all, they SUCK!

NEVER BANK WITH GOLDEN 1!!!!!!!
________
Design host

Last edited by pozzi; 04-09-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:58 PM

I had bad experiences with all of the local dealers. The salesmen I was dealing with at Gold Rush name called me and accused me of wasting his time when all I wanted to do was check with my bank to see which financing option was best for me and purchase the car next day.

I had a deal with Senator on a car that was in transit to them but then all of a sudden the "car we had been talking about" wasn't actually coming in and there weren't any that they could locate.

Maita, couldn't get a decent deal. ($200 under MSRP for a GT Leg) and I heard terrible things about Shingle Springs.

Autowest seemed alright but kept telling me false information about SOA practices and didn't have the car I wanted anyways.

After trying to locate the car I wanted in NorCal, I gave up and ordered it wholesale from Carr Subaru in Oregon. I just hope Maita handles my car ok on delivery.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:34 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
Originally Posted by 337drew
For anyone who cares here is a little background about myself since this is my first post here. I am 24, a senior at CSUS majoring in Computer Science
Yo, I'm a senior comp sci at sac state too. PMed you to say what's up

Last edited by ilmaestro; 10-17-2004 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 2007 suzuki GSX-R600
i bought my sti about a year ago from shingle springs subaru and they were great about it and i got it for sticker price. They were great about it and didn't give me any problems. I even had to go back and get warranty work on my sti and they did it pretty quickly too. I would suggest going to check them out

Quick Reply: Dealer advice in the Sacramento area for purchasing an STi