dammit.. Monday just snuck up on me again

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
today be my birthday. I is 26. I feel old and need more sleep.
happy birthday kid! I still think dinner last night should have been free
Old 04-23-2007, 11:29 AM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
19, wouldnt your heart explode?
there was a news story on the web that was about some guy in singapore(?) that was at some big multi-day LAN party and he had been up for something like 57 hours (IIRC) straight, living on nothing but redbull type drinks and snickers.

his heart just stopped and he died on the spot.

the article said the cause of death was not conclusive, but said the preliminary diagnosis was caffeine poisoning. i never saw any follow-up stories to find out if it was indeed caffeine that killed him or something else like a bad heart, but still pretty crazy!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by pozzi
there was a news story on the web that was about some guy in singapore(?) that was at some big multi-day LAN party and he had been up for something like 57 hours (IIRC) straight, living on nothing but redbull type drinks and snickers.

his heart just stopped and he died on the spot.

the article said the cause of death was not conclusive, but said the preliminary diagnosis was caffeine poisoning. i never saw any follow-up stories to find out if it was indeed caffeine that killed him or something else like a bad heart, but still pretty crazy!
Yes, you can actually OD from caffeine. It's the troof!
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Caffeine intoxication
An acute overdose of caffeine, usually in excess of 400 milligrams (more than 3-4 cups of brewed coffee), can result in a state of central nervous system overstimulation called caffeine intoxication. Some people seeking caffeine intoxication resort to insufflation (snorting) of caffeine powder, usually finely crushed caffeine tablets. This induces a faster and more intense reaction. The symptoms of caffeine intoxication may include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation.[52][56]

In cases of extreme overdose, death can result. The median lethal dose (LD50) of caffeine is 192 milligrams per kilogram in rats.[57] The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on weight and individual sensitivity and estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass, roughly 80 to 100 cups of coffee for an average adult taken within a limited timeframe that is dependent on half-life. Though achieving lethal dose with caffeine would be exceptionally difficult with regular coffee, there have been reported deaths from overdosing on caffeine pills, with serious symptoms of overdose requiring hospitalization occurring from as little as 2 grams of caffeine.[58][59][60][61] Death typically occurs due to ventricular fibrillation brought about by effects of caffeine on the cardiovascular system.

Treatment of severe caffeine intoxication is generally supportive, providing treatment of the immediate symptoms, but if the patient has very high serum levels of caffeine then peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis, or hemofiltration may be required.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine
Old 04-23-2007, 11:40 AM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
yeah i was aware you can actually OD on caffeine, but i just never heard if the guy in malaysia or whereever he was, died form poisoning due to energy drinks or just flat out exhaustion/sleep-deportation.

i've personally stayed up about 52+ hours straight a couple times and i was drinking rockstars or coffee the whole time...
a couple times i had to stop drinking caffeine drinks cus my body just didn't feel right.
i was a mess after that for about a week, both times i remember.

Last edited by pozzi; 04-23-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 AM

Hmmm I wonder if it is appropriate if I read the new issue of Maxim at work....
Old 04-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
One way to find out.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
Caffeine intoxication
An acute overdose of caffeine, usually in excess of 400 milligrams (more than 3-4 cups of brewed coffee), can result in a state of central nervous system overstimulation called caffeine intoxication. Some people seeking caffeine intoxication resort to insufflation (snorting) of caffeine powder, usually finely crushed caffeine tablets. This induces a faster and more intense reaction. The symptoms of caffeine intoxication may include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation.[52][56]
coffee farts are rancid
Old 04-23-2007, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
Hmmm I wonder if it is appropriate if I read the new issue of Maxim at work....
Well according to my manager I theoretically could...but it wouldn't be in my best intrests to do so... lol
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
crazy **** how that kid died off of red bull and snickers
Old 04-23-2007, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Doh. Gotta register for Fall semester this week. Don't know when I pay me fee's though, and the Sac State site I use to get my info is down. Nice.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Doh. Gotta register for Fall semester this week. Don't know when I pay me fee's though, and the Sac State site I use to get my info is down. Nice.
stupid Berklee College of Music doesn't even have their fall '08 application online yet. I emailed them asking when it will be up (assuming they usually posted the applications a set amount of time before the semester starts) and the responded with "its not up yet" I KNOW ITS NOT UP THATS WHY I ASKED WHEN!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

yay for pancakes

Forrest, I got your message, I'll give you a call on my way to work in a bit
Old 04-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by pozzi
yeah i was aware you can actually OD on caffeine, but i just never heard if the guy in malaysia or whereever he was, died form poisoning due to energy drinks or just flat out exhaustion/sleep-deportation.

i've personally stayed up about 52+ hours straight a couple times and i was drinking rockstars or coffee the whole time...
a couple times i had to stop drinking caffeine drinks cus my body just didn't feel right.
i was a mess after that for about a week, both times i remember.
Amen brotha! I'll drink a redbull tall can to that!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:22 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by sybir
This is me playing the world's smallest violin for you, hooker
dude....sunday was...dead, it was house cleaning day...which was fun.

Note to self....make girls take allllllll of their things home when they leave.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....

"where's my chapstick!!??"
/accent
Old 04-23-2007, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Fixed.

Where'd you go?
Ensenada!!!! went on a 4 day cruise down the coast! waaaay too much fun

and no, i didnt miss 4/20. I got home at about 5pm on friday & smoked myself retarded until i passed out at 10

Quick Reply: dammit.. Monday just snuck up on me again