computer guru : stuck pixels.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
computer guru : stuck pixels.

so i just picked up a dell xps 15z and there are some stuck pixles that are staying white on the monitor.. i was wondering if anyone has a fix for this or and help me her it fixed. I've tried this color blinking program and can cause you a seizure if you look at it too long. for 30 mins and they are still there.. any helpwould be great. thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Enjoys his Ponies

Car Info: 2014 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Originally Posted by mistaanime
so i just picked up a dell xps 15z and there are some stuck pixles that are staying white on the monitor.. i was wondering if anyone has a fix for this or and help me her it fixed. I've tried this color blinking program and can cause you a seizure if you look at it too long. for 30 mins and they are still there.. any helpwould be great. thanks!
If you just got it, why not just call dell and have them fix it under warranty???

If you aren't under warranty you need to buy a new LCD screen. You should be able to Google what kind you need. There will be different qualities and this is verrrrry you get what you pay for. The lower quality I've seen come with dead pixels and uneven shading. Replacing the screen itself is pretty easy and takes about 15 minutes
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Loves the Anime

Originally Posted by TheLegend
If you just got it, why not just call dell and have them fix it under warranty???

If you aren't under warranty you need to buy a new LCD screen. You should be able to Google what kind you need. There will be different qualities and this is verrrrry you get what you pay for. The lower quality I've seen come with dead pixels and uneven shading. Replacing the screen itself is pretty easy and takes about 15 minutes
i was thinking of just getting a screen from ebay later.. i mean.. it doens't bother me too much. like its fine during videos.. it just more obovious on a white screen.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:29 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
so no warranty?

also, is it black or a color?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by mistaanime
drop it like it's hot.

but seriously if you have a warranty let Dell deal with that thing. Otherwise check ifixit.com and they might have a how-to on replacing the screen.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Loves the Anime

Originally Posted by Max Xevious
so no warranty?

also, is it black or a color?
no warranty. bought it from my friend. warrenty exp in 8/12

its silver like a macbook pro...actaully looks like a macbook pro
Old 03-20-2013, 04:03 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Had same issue happen, if the color flashing program doesn't work, LCD just lost a pixel. :/
Old 03-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Loves the Anime

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
Had same issue happen, if the color flashing program doesn't work, LCD just lost a pixel. :/
fosure.. i put it on for a few hours but i went to bed.. and the computer was dead this morning.. so imma check it when i get off of work.

i mean its not really apparent..i just can see them on lighter colors on the screen. if its a black, dark red, blue screen i can barely notice it. so the colors are working..imma see if i can post some pics.