(cited for illegal tint) weeeaaa weeeaaaa!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
APC ftw! :banana:
Old 05-09-2006, 11:34 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Thumbs up

Dude you can tint rear windows as dark as you want. The fronts have a limit. It just depends on the cop too. I have limo tint on my rears. And like a factory tint on my fronts and it works and looks great. If you tint dark on the front you gotta expect it. Just like a loud exhaust compared to a mellow one. The loud one will get more attention. No lecture just facts.

We dont live in Nevada.............Its cali!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:54 PM

Car Info: Arm Leg Leg Arm Head
You can't tint the front driver and passenger side windows at all, unless you have certified medical condition that requires it.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by BLegacy
You can't tint the front driver and passenger side windows at all, unless you have certified medical condition that requires it.

and it has to be removable for night time operation.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by scarface
Dude you can tint rear windows as dark as you want. The fronts have a limit. It just depends on the cop too. I have limo tint on my rears. And like a factory tint on my fronts and it works and looks great. If you tint dark on the front you gotta expect it. Just like a loud exhaust compared to a mellow one. The loud one will get more attention. No lecture just facts.

We dont live in Nevada.............Its cali!!!!!!

I know, I didn't go that dark. It is only 15% in the back, and 35 or 45 in the front.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
35 or 45 isnt even that bad..........that sucks man. I guess some cops just have no crack dealers to bust. What is the legal % for the fronts? I know it is legal to have some on the front. Is it 25%??
Old 05-09-2006, 03:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by BLegacy
/\/\/\/\/\/\
Old 05-10-2006, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 04 STI JAVA BLACK PEARL
Originally Posted by EpsilonK
Hrmm, it just keeps the interior of my vehicle much cooler, prolongs the life of the plastic inside by preventing UV damage, hides valuables from prying eyes, the tint strip at the top also is very nice when driving the 5, just when the sun is going down....good positioning, works well in conjunction with the visor....and just looks really nice, but that is just me.... :-)

same reasons i like tint
Old 05-10-2006, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 04 STI JAVA BLACK PEARL
did you have your front plate on when you got the ticket? for a chp to pull you over cause your windows were down seems very weird to me.just wondering if theres more to this story.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:00 PM

Yes, front plate was on. I was obeying all relevant traffic laws(besides that one minor equipment violation). I am very clean cut. I am in the army, with my little sticker in the back window. No crazy piercings, hair, or wiggy wack baseball cap to attract attention. I am white. I wasn't trying to drive my car all ghetto leaning into the center, and laying back :-P Dunno, I looked too much like John Q. Citizen apparently. lol.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by EpsilonK
Yes, front plate was on. I was obeying all relevant traffic laws(besides that one minor equipment violation). I am very clean cut. I am in the army, with my little sticker in the back window. No crazy piercings, hair, or wiggy wack baseball cap to attract attention. I am white. I wasn't trying to drive my car all ghetto leaning into the center, and laying back :-P Dunno, I looked too much like John Q. Citizen apparently. lol.
You're not in the army yet, cadet
Old 05-11-2006, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by kidatari
You're not in the army yet, cadet

Yeah....sorta not...I am just contracted...and I have to show up to formations 4 times a week, and Mil Sci class. So, they just own my soul, and I don't have all the benefits yet :-P
Ft. Lewis, WA in 5 weeks...........yay. or not. :-P Actually, its pretty cool, this is basically when they decide my branch.....(fingers crossed for Signal, or Intel, without detail branch)
Old 05-11-2006, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
And then you'll be a wonderfully useless butterbar. (2nd Lieutenant for those not in the know)

And then they'll say 'Oh, we have enough Lt.s on adtive duty, why don't you go reserve.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by kidatari
And then you'll be a wonderfully useless butterbar. (2nd Lieutenant for those not in the know)

And then they'll say 'Oh, we have enough Lt.s on adtive duty, why don't you go reserve.

Yeah, I already know that I am going to be an overstock item, so I am going to put in for reserve and just plan for that anyhow... :-P Oh well, at least I get some good training, a security clearance, and some great resume filler. :-P
I have a lead on a position with a company that is a subcontractor for the dept. of homeland security, conducting security operations, in a maritime environment. Starting pay is 25$/hr, and you work for a week or two at a time, 24/7. So, Overtime FTW. You basically are the security on some cargo ships that carry sensitive items, so when you are on the ship, you are on the clock. You might go work for a week, straight and then come home and not need to work the rest of the month.....sounds like a cool gig to me.