Beers on tap

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 11:51 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Steven@Coach
1. Guinness
2. Boddingtons
3. A good pale ale, like Red Hook or Sierra Nevada
4. Personally I love when a place has PBR on tap, nothing beats $2 pints, but if you're looking for the more upscale crowd, myabe a do the rotating special beer.

-Steven
These are excellent choices. I would also include Heineken and if you'd like I could get you the info on some awesome Louisiana Abita micro-brews that are in my opinion second to none. Turbo-Dog which is very similar to Guiness is awesome and Purple Haze is made of a Raspberry wheat and has a really good flavor. Their Fall Feast though is hands down my favorite beer but is only available during certain parts of the year (obviously). I'd be glad to see if they'd be able to get you some as I am very close to their distrubution place.

http://www.abita.com/

Last edited by 1reguL8NSTi; 09-25-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
as long as theres newcastle and fat tire, ill be there.

-Ave
Old 09-25-2005, 08:20 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Man all you fat tire lovers. That beer is way too carbonated. I tried it when it first came around and it still tastes the same today. To each is owned I guess.

1. Red tail (it's just a milder eye of the hawk).
2. Humboldt red nectar
3. Pilsner Erquell (not sure on spelling but it is the only true pilsner import)
4. Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (winter)
4a. Haufbrauhaus dinkelacher (purely because of the name)
Old 10-15-2005, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Been doing ALL the work over there to save money. Been there all day for the last two weeks. We're hoping to get her open by mid to late next week.

Beers aren't exactly what I had in mind but they aren't bad. You see, when you open a resturant you have beer reps come out and bid on taps. Well, a couple guys that had a lot of beers present on our top twenty beer list volunteered to install all our taps for free. So we jumped on it. I also have to make a visit to EG Brewery for a couple of their beers. One will be BigButt Blonde (their hottest seller) and one will be I have no idea. But we installed 8 taps instead of 6 so we can have some local microbrews. It shows unity within the community.

So anyways, we have Coors light, Fat Tire, Pyramid Hefe, Newcastle, Eye of the Hawk (like sierra nevada), and 1-2 EG Brews. That leaves 1-2 taps open with I have no idea. We may use Red Tail which is by the makers of Eye of the Hawk.

We will have Guinness and a few others in bottles. We just aren't sure how well the stout will sell with sandwiches. If it's a hot seller then we'll switch it to one of the taps.

Well anyways, time to get back to painting

As for hiring, if you have any hot friends looking for a job that aren't complete airheads, then have them stop by for an application.

Last edited by Salty; 10-15-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I think you need another lager like becks or st. pauli girl or something.

Originally Posted by Salty
...if you have any hot friends looking for a job that aren't complete airheads, then have them stop by for an application.
:rotfl:
Old 10-15-2005, 11:01 AM

Car Info: Sline
Where's this place going to be located?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Off Laguna Blvd in the same shopping center as Red Robin and Circuit city.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...+CA&country=us
Old 10-15-2005, 11:15 PM

That's pretty far south.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 PM
diz

Car Info: 04 sti / 02 wrx / 01 cbr600 f4i
lindemann's raspberry framboise - check em out. a lot of non-beer drinking females will drink it. plus, if you have guinness or something similar, u can make mooneys!

and go with the widmer hef. it outsells everything except sudwerk hef over here at cantina. prolly cuz of sudwerk's regional popularity.

anyways, let me know if you need a bartender lol..id be willin to make the drive from davis on the weekends

-marc
Old 10-16-2005, 08:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by diz
and go with the widmer hef. it outsells everything except sudwerk hef over here at cantina.
-marc
I could never understand this. If you've ever been in Germany for a decent amount of time you'd come to realize that widmer is garbage. I can't stand it. The only decent Hefe's (krystal and unfiltered) you can get in California seem to be Pyramid (which we got) and Erdinger (one of the most quenching beers ever). Those are still sub-par to the Hefe's from the land of true Hefeweizen. God I miss German Hefeweizen... i swear I always had a glass in hand when I was working there.

Thanks for your input, though. I will look into the other beers you mention.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by diz
lindemann's raspberry framboise - check em out. a lot of non-beer drinking females will drink it. plus, if you have guinness or something similar, u can make mooneys!

and go with the widmer hef. it outsells everything except sudwerk hef over here at cantina. prolly cuz of sudwerk's regional popularity.

anyways, let me know if you need a bartender lol..id be willin to make the drive from davis on the weekends

-marc
You work at the Cantina? I'll have to come visit you next time I'm back home. My friends all like to go to the Cantina. Seems to be a popular place for the college kids there.