Any fun dirt roads near here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:25 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX wagon
yea mike...ive been up there a few times before too..but never with the subaru. i went on friday though. didnt take anything too fast..but it was fun. i went at like noon and it was hella empty. didnt go all the way to the lake, just a little ways up that road. the lake is pretty far and pretty fun in summer.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:10 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by SkylineR35GTRx
Hey Naresh! Berryessa is a great road but kinda far if you actually go up Berryessa. I've driven it a lot, only spirited a few times, and many times with my gf when we head up to the lake, it's a really great drive, but watch out for traffic. The good thing is there aren't as many bikers, the bad thing, there's a few trucks trailering boats. I haven't tried the other roads bu they look like fun. I keep myself on the paved roads since the STi suspension is quite stuff, and even on those bumpy paved roads my suspension gets all messed up.

jvick125, do you thikn your dad can carve out a dirt path through your farm and charge people like 25 dollars a pop for a few runs
The ride up to Berryessa is fun. I haven't done it in a Subaru, but did make some ballsy and hair raising runs in my 92 Volvo 240GL back in High School...

About the dirt track thing, I've always wanted to do that, and would consider it if my dad wasn't so worried about a law suit.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:39 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Originally Posted by jvick125
The ride up to Berryessa is fun. I haven't done it in a Subaru, but did make some ballsy and hair raising runs in my 92 Volvo 240GL back in High School...

About the dirt track thing, I've always wanted to do that, and would consider it if my dad wasn't so worried about a law suit.

Oh man, maybe he can get it sanctioned somehow by SCCA and you can hella charge for track rentals!!! probably won't happen since these things get really complicated, but worth a shot =\.

Berryessa is great, and the lake IS far but it's very nice up there. I drive my subaru up there all the time but i've never pushed it even 70 percent because gas and don't wanna endanger my gf's life or anyone elses. i'd do it when there's no cars at all.