Any fun dirt roads near here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX wagon
Any fun dirt roads near here?

So when i went down to home in LA..i went driving on a couple of dirt roads and it was pretty fun. so im just wondering if theres any dirt roads up here that are fun to drive on. im looking to drive no more than about an hour away.
thanks
Old 11-08-2006, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
yah just drive towards winters
Old 11-08-2006, 10:09 PM

yea...ive driven to winteres plenty of times..is there a turn off or somethin that im missin?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
i was actually being semi sarcastic. but if all you want to just an open field, i'd still bank on covelle going towards winters
Old 11-08-2006, 10:14 PM

haha..i guess a field could be fun..but not what im lookin for..i guess i can just have fun driving up towards berryessa...
Old 11-08-2006, 10:42 PM

Car Info: Sline
He's not kidding when he says Winters... I'm from Winters, well btwn Winters and Davis. If you don't mind riding along side a canal, here are some mapped directions:
***WARNING*** This could potentially **** off Farmers, and they are not scared to shoot at you.

Head West on Road 31 (RUSSEL BLVD) to Y. (You could follow this road to the end for fun):

From there go about a mile or two, it's a fairly straight road, once you hit the painted bridge, you went too far....:

The whole thing will probably be 5-8, maybe 10 miles?

There are also some roads past winters in the foothills, to find those, you just have to go exploring.

Last edited by jvick125; 11-08-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:47 PM

Car Info: .
If you're looking for dirt roads, check out Dixon north of I-80, and west of Pedrick Rd. Most of them are county-maintained two-lane dirt roads running between fields. They're not terribly exciting now, but just wait until it rains!

BTW, bring a folding shovel, a cell phone, and an active AAA membership card.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Snot Rod
If you're looking for dirt roads, check out Dixon north of I-80, and west of Pedrick Rd. Most of them are county-maintained two-lane dirt roads running between fields. They're not terribly exciting now, but just wait until it rains!

BTW, bring a folding shovel, a cell phone, and an active AAA membership card.
This is also very true. Another fun road to drive is Pleasants Valley Road off 128 past Winters, if you follow it all the way, it will end at I-80. I recommend driving it once or twice before doing anything stupid. Following 128 upto the lake is also a fun drive, especially in the morning.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Please don't do stupid **** near farmers. The last thing they need is some jackass in a Subaru tearing *** down those roads.

(and the last thing I need is for them to ***** to me about jackass Subaru drivers)
Old 11-08-2006, 11:14 PM

Car Info: .
I agree, considering I used to live off a dirt road when I was a kid. Keep in mind, you probably don't need to go over 20mph on a muddy road to have fun.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Yeah, a lot of my family still lives and works on the farm roads surrounding Sacramento. Its just one of those things that bothers me, because most people can't control their car as well as they think, and I'd hate for anyone to end up in the side of some farm equipment. That **** is expensive to replace, and the ambulances usually clog up the road, preventing any work from happening, just cause some kid wants to try and have some fun.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
those roads are all pretty much straight anyway... not too exciting unless you've never been on dirt before. Check out Rich's (Bushido) "hardcore" dirt drives for some real dirt fun .
Old 11-09-2006, 02:51 AM

o ok..yea not plannin on messing up any farmers stuff. ive seen plenty of roads that go next to a farm..and yea..not gonna do that. down in LA we went to a state park with an unpaved road and it was pretty fun and yea you really dont have to go fast. yea my backup plan was to drive up to the lake and back. how long is the drive on pleasants valley rd back to 80?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by UCDgogie
how long is the drive on pleasants valley rd back to 80?
Round trip from Davis? An hour, probably more.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:57 AM

Car Info: 2011WRX
There is a nice dirt road from Colfax to Foresthill. The road is Yankee Jims Road and it starts between Weimar and Colfax, off 80. I haven't driven the road in a while, used to drive to the American River to gold dredge. Be careful though, there are blind corners, washboard roads and a 1000 foot drop to the bottom of American River Canyon.

Quick Reply: Any fun dirt roads near here?