Alright, who drives the black STi?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 12:19 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
get in to IT. I was salaried at 18. My salary broke down to about $19/hr.
hmmmm....... how do i go about doin that?
Old 03-05-2005, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
hmmmm....... how do i go about doin that?
Start taking some classes to see if you're inclined, and start looking around. You can find helpdesk jobs that will start you around $35k but you've got to have some technical experience on your resume and phone experience would be a plus in almost all cases.

I started out with a couple computer store jobs up in Auburn, then moved on to Comp USA in Roseville. I did a year there as a tech, which involved getting yelled at daily, (though pissed off customers keep things interesting), cuts on your hands (I've got two permanent scars from that job) and ordering/replacing parts. It also involved troubleshooting, upgrading and some house calls (which usually == BIG tips if you're a pimp). Then I moved on to a help desk job and went from there.

Honestly though, if you don't have any interest in IT, and things are different now than they were in 1999 as for jobs, you're better off doing serving. My fiance made pretty ****in good money as a bartender (though she has boobies) and server, and now she's managing.

If it's of any help, I considered doing bartending part time, and I found out that a lot of bars are looking for taller guys in decent shape that aren't hideously deformed. You could do some bartending classes and they usually do job placement.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Start taking some classes to see if you're inclined, and start looking around. You can find helpdesk jobs that will start you around $35k but you've got to have some technical experience on your resume and phone experience would be a plus in almost all cases.

I started out with a couple computer store jobs up in Auburn, then moved on to Comp USA in Roseville. I did a year there as a tech, which involved getting yelled at daily, (though pissed off customers keep things interesting), cuts on your hands (I've got two permanent scars from that job) and ordering/replacing parts. It also involved troubleshooting, upgrading and some house calls (which usually == BIG tips if you're a pimp). Then I moved on to a help desk job and went from there.

Honestly though, if you don't have any interest in IT, and things are different now than they were in 1999 as for jobs, you're better off doing serving. My fiance made pretty ****in good money as a bartender (though she has boobies) and server, and now she's managing.

If it's of any help, I considered doing bartending part time, and I found out that a lot of bars are looking for taller guys in decent shape that aren't hideously deformed. You could do some bartending classes and they usually do job placement.
thanx, im not too interested so i wont get too involved in IT. as for barteding, i plan on it once i turn 21. but until then im fine where im at.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
kinda sux. but that is how it works.

and as for it being a womans work: show me another job i could get, being that im 19, that works around my school schedule and consistantly pays out $20 an hour or more....... if you can i might consider making the change.....
No doubt, I kinda disagree about ugly chicks making more though. We have some pretty ugly chicks where I work. In the end I think it all evens out many women are just as dirty and lecherous as old men, I don't know how many thimes customers (mostly middle aged women, fat chicks and teeny boppers. ) have slipped me thier # in with thier credit card. I guess it all depends where you work too, a majority of our clientelle are divorce's looking for a good time and single people and regulars.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Yeah, if you're averaging out to $20/hr that's pretty good pay.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
No doubt, I kinda disagree about ugly chicks making more though. We have some pretty ugly chicks where I work. In the end I think it all evens out many women are just as dirty and lecherous as old men, I don't know how many thimes customers (mostly middle aged women, fat chicks and teeny boppers. ) have slipped me thier # in with thier credit card. I guess it all depends where you work too, a majority of our clientelle are divorce's looking for a good time and single people and regulars.
ive had the "what do you think about older women?' thing a few times from some ladies in their 30's. i reply with "i dont know, ill have to go ask my mommy." we geta lot of guys stalking the girls i work with, its kinda freaky. the other night i was asked to pretend to be a girls BF cause this guy wsa being all weird with her, i wish it wouldnt have been for pretend, heheh.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

ive had the "what do you think about older women?' thing a few times from some ladies in their 30's. i reply with "i dont know, ill have to go ask my mommy." we geta lot of guys stalking the girls i work with, its kinda freaky. the other night i was asked to pretend to be a girls BF cause this guy wsa being all weird with her, i wish it wouldnt have been for pretend, heheh.
Older women can teach you a lot of things, son.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Yeah we had a guy who I guess has a foot fetish, get on his hands and knees and try to kiss one of the servers feet.EWww. I have to end up walking the girls to thier cars alot too. Pretty sad if you think about it.
Tell the girls to check out this link:
http://www.rejectionhotline.com/

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 03-05-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:47 PM

i walk the girls out to their cars a lot too. i gotta tell them bout that site!

and sonic: i never doubted, i just dont think ill find out.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:48 PM
VIP Member

call the # and listen to what it says. lol
Old 03-05-2005, 05:04 PM

i did, funny stuff!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:06 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
my name is Justin. she works ALL the time, i wish i got hours and sections like she gets...... (jealousy)
Hey Justin, I know that some of the girls (and maybe some guys) were picked as favorites when they were first hiring. I can't remember who, but someone knew the hiring manager and was bringing over peeps from black angus including my girlfriend, to get hired as the cocktail servers, etc. She (the hiring manager) made some of them a "deal" that if they came to work there she'd guaruntee them solid shifts, etc. I think Stephanie was one of those.

I'll definately say what's up if I see you in there

jonathan
Old 03-08-2005, 12:39 PM

kinda sux. but that is how it works.

and as for it being a womans work: show me another job i could get, being that im 19, that works around my school schedule and consistantly pays out $20 an hour or more....... if you can i might consider making the change.....
Unless you get sick of serving, I don't think there's much of anything better you can do while you're around this age. Can't beat the money and getting to be around people, etc.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ilmaestro
Unless you get sick of serving, I don't think there's much of anything better you can do while you're around this age. Can't beat the money and getting to be around people, etc.
I'm sooooooo frickin sick of it, and have been looking for another job for awhile but I'm probably gonna have to take a substantial pay cut.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
I'm sooooooo frickin sick of it, and have been looking for another job for awhile but I'm probably gonna have to take a substantial pay cut.
Maybe just change restaurants?

Quick Reply: Alright, who drives the black STi?