Accident at the gas station

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:16 AM

Car Info: AP1 S2k
The front wheels were not on the car while he smashed his car into mines. The first 2 cars he hit took off his axles. His vin was not scratched off....
Old 03-04-2007, 01:22 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
:'( poor poor hardtop mr2.

glad no one was hurt. but damn...another 91-92 hardtop that bites the dust.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:57 AM

I thought hardtop mr2's are everywhere? Sunroof are far rarest right?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:14 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by vietpunk916
I thought hardtop mr2's are everywhere? Sunroof are far rarest right?
no, sunroof = crap on a stick (Friend of mine had one)---the sunroof's crack randumbly. just shatter on the driver due to the flexing of the car.
ttop mr2's are everywhere. (i've owned 3, bought all of them under 4k each) ---seals leak, havve to be changed every few years, ttops aligned, creeek when you go through driveways and speeed bumps, etc.etc
At one point, I was looking for a CLEAN hardtop Automatic, to drop a V6 solara engine and a TuRD S/C on it. perfect drag car. but.... not anymore.
.... in 93, they made 13 mr2 hardtops. (those cars go for anywhere from 12k+)
94-95 they made less than ~1500 turbo mr2's none of which were hardtop. (14k+)
Most normal hardtops are bought no matter what the interior/paint/or engine look like... they are lighter and they look hawt with no wing. plus...they have a TON of Toyota of Japan bits that you can find once in a while, that only fit the hardtops.(well...and the yukky sunroofs but...who wants something that isnt powered and you have to push it up, and one day you'll push it up and it will shatter in your face.)

cliffnotes
rare mr2's listed in order.
1st hardtop
2nd sunroof
3rd t-top
Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 PM

I hope it was a good decision for me to pick a autobody shop instead of Senator Subaru (florin raod). I heard bad body work done there, even without request of doing body work. The place my wrx is in is called GS collusions, and they say they are top notch on body work. While I was in there, he showed me around to the body rooms... they had corvettes, lexus, mercedes, and some toyota's getting their work done. There was a laser machine that tells the body shop how off any car's frame is and how much bending is needed to put it back to stock frame dimensions. Oh by the way.. I asked them how much a paint job is gona be (i was considering black) and he said 5-6k for a full paint job!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
wowsers dude that's some crazy stuff.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:33 AM

Car Info: '05 black c6
The front wheels were not on the car while he smashed his car into mines. The first 2 cars he hit took off his axles. His vin was not scratched off....
good lord
Old 03-05-2007, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan
damn homie. you should kick that guys ***.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:30 PM

So i called the insurance company today just to see whats going on with my car. Voice machine picked up and we had a nice conversation.

Then I called my autobody shop because I rather talk to a real person. Tom (G&S collision) told me that the wrx is approved by the insurance company to be repaired.

Whats ordered?
Rear left quater panel.
rear bumper skin (dont know why its called skin)
key slot for trunk.
trunk
sti wing (because my TR had a sti wing. he confronted me and said "Don't worry about it i got it covered, the insurance dont know crap about car models.)
rear interior linings.
small pieces.
------------------------
$8756.53 (with labor and paint)

Questions I asked Tom.
1) "Was the frame bent?"
2) "Is it going to be a salvaged title?"
3) "i like icecream?"

His answers:
1) "Your car has no regular frame. It has a uni-body frame that has to be tweaked a little. We have our (company lazer **** i forgot) to fix that for you."
2) "It is not... going to be salvaged. haha. It will be a clean title."
3) "Me too!"

Just to prove... insurance company forgot to call me and tell me that my car is fixable and I still like icecream. Good-day.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:31 PM

Oh yeah,
The rear bumper came in today and some small stuff.. everything else will come friday. Work on the car will begin on monday. I will go in the shop now and then just to take pictures and see the inside of my car =X. I was relieved today that my car is going to be a clean title. =D
Old 03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
FYI - it's likely that your car will have "frame damage" listed under the carfax report. Ask them about that. this happened to me after my accident..
Old 03-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Matt, you got a nice little check for lost value when that got listed, right?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Oh yeah,
The rear bumper came in today and some small stuff.. everything else will come friday. Work on the car will begin on monday. I will go in the shop now and then just to take pictures and see the inside of my car =X. I was relieved today that my car is going to be a clean title. =D
If it were going to be salvage, it would have to be totalled out and would become the insurance company's property. You would not be driving a salvage titled car unless you bought it back and had it repaired yourself.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:21 PM

Don't you hate it when you expect a call for important notices, nothing happens? And then when you don't expect a call, an imporant call, calls. I left with my gf to walk to a local lowes because it was a nice weather outside. I also left my fone at home because I doubt the insurance is gona call the same day, but.. as soon as I get home and eat, I notice my fone blinking orange (indicating a missed call and voicemail). I got confused on what the lady said on the fone. Something about "we need to know if the car is totaled or not, and we will send a inspector out there to look at your car."

I'm highly confused... body shop said it was ok with insurance, but the adjuster said, "call me back for a statement and if your car is totaled or not."

1) If it is totaled, I am going to get a mr2 turbo, no doubt about it. Its fast, easy to mod, good on gas if your good on gas pedal, purdy, and it's a toyota.

If it is totaled, won't subaru charge the bodyshop 10-20% restocking fee for the returned bodyparts? Who's pocket will that come out of.. I signed a paper saying that they can starting working on the car if insurance is ok.

Possibly a buyback and partout for you local guys. Thats a 06TR with only 14k miles.

2) If it is not totaled, i'll keep it.

I'm going to make a call tomorrow morning just to make sure the body shop isn't going to charge ME for restocking fee's.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:36 PM

They can't charge you for that. The bill will go to your insurance company no matter what else happens.

Quick Reply: Accident at the gas station