Formula 1 Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by glenspen
If it is proven that McLaren gained a competitive advantage from the stolen data then they should be thrown out of the championship this season and both Alonso and Lewis should be disqualified from the drivers championship.

I hope the drivers aren't implicated, but if McLaren used the information to improve this years cars or setup then it's not fair that the drivers are allowed to win a title.

What a mess, I guess we'll find out more on thursday. Kimi might get a title finally, but I'm sure he wouldn't want it in these circumstances.
Definitely not, but you are right. If the McLaren car is everything the ferrari and more, it's not really a fair fight at all.

It really really sucks for hamilton.

Maybe, and if we are lucky, we will find that Alonso is in on the conspiracy, and he'll get thrown out completely. LOL (Hey, I can dream right!??? )
Old 09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
McLaren should have recieved SOME form of punishment when found that they had Ferrari's technical documents
True, but how do you punish a team that may not have ever known for the documents to have exsisted?

Coughlin is at fault, so HE the one responsible. Unless there is some evidence to show that others in the team were also participating, then I don't see it being fair to screw the team over.

But in fairness to all teams as a whole, if the cars were built with such information, then it sucks, but, they'll have to DQ them for the season. Or, let them bring out a couple of 06 Cars. I'm sure they have a few they could use, and it would allow them to stay in the game.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
It was a nice drift by the safety car.

Oh the pass... Lewis/Kimi at turn one was beautiful. It was absolutely perfect. Draft on the straight, sandbagged, popped out into Kimi's turn in line, late brake. That was sooo legit. It should have happened that way. Lewis was on fresh tires. Kimi was on a one pit strategy.
A big FU to all you Tifosi, McClaren/Lewis haters. This pass is exactly why Lewis and I'll say it, ALonso, are leading in drivers points, and McClaren is on line for manufacturers title. Ferrari basically has one driver. Kimi continues to score points, Masa is out to lunch.. One week on, the next off.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by ipozestu
A big FU to all you Tifosi, McClaren/Lewis haters.
Oh hai.
FU tou
Old 09-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Originally Posted by ipozestu
A big FU to all you Tifosi, McClaren/Lewis haters.
I may be a Tifosi, but I still like talent and class like Hamilton. Now Alonso, he's another story.
FU too.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Why all the Alonso hating??? He's a double world champion who has beaten every teammate he was put against (maybe Lewis will change that) and beat Schumacher in his prime, twice.

He's an awesome driver and seems like the typical F1 champion, confident and selfish..qualities needed to take the title.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Old School

Why all the Alonso hating??? He's a double world champion who has beaten every teammate he was put against (maybe Lewis will change that) and beat Schumacher in his prime, twice.

He's an awesome driver and seems like the typical F1 champion, confident and selfish..qualities needed to take the title.
Cry baby?

I dunno about that one. Selfish? I don't think most F1 greats where selfish, confident yes, but not selfish...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Old School

I'm contemplating hosting a Japanese GP party. it's 11:30pm on Saturday the 30th. Anyone interested?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:50 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I'm contemplating hosting a Japanese GP party. it's 11:30pm on Saturday the 30th. Anyone interested?
That would be cool, Gagan. I'm too far though.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
That'd be cool Gagan.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Sounds cool..as long as you don't mind me hating on Sato & Yamamoto
Old 09-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
True, but how do you punish a team that may not have ever known for the documents to have exsisted?

Coughlin is at fault, so HE the one responsible. Unless there is some evidence to show that others in the team were also participating, then I don't see it being fair to screw the team over.

But in fairness to all teams as a whole, if the cars were built with such information, then it sucks, but, they'll have to DQ them for the season. Or, let them bring out a couple of 06 Cars. I'm sure they have a few they could use, and it would allow them to stay in the game.
I guess that would be for the FIA to decide.

Originally Posted by 2cam16
I may be a Tifosi, but I still like talent and class like Hamilton. Now Alonso, he's another story.
FU too.
I actually don't mind Alonso. Its just that something about a rookie no matter how good he is, gets into a top team and a pretty good car and is able to be so dominating bugs me. I guess I'm more of the "work your way up through ranks" kinda guy. It seems somewhat spoiled to me.

Sounds awesome, but damn it would be late and I live at least 60-70miles away. The drive back home wouldn't be fun lol

Sounds cool..as long as you don't mind me hating on Sato & Yamamoto
Sato and Yamamotor suck. I ABSOLUTELY HATE Sato. He'd always wind up spinning out and crashing into someone, or just plowing right into another car, and of course when he plowed right into Schuey @ the 04 Suzuka GP
Old 09-12-2007, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Wagon, 08 SSM STI
So I'm about to book a trip to Japan at the end of this month to catch the F1 race. Depending on the FIA's ruling (e.g. McLaren is DQ'ed for the rest of the season and won't be at the remaining races, or something insane like that) I will have to cancel the trip. I never thought an FIA ruling would affect my vacation plans
Old 09-13-2007, 08:46 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
hmmmm guys,
burndtjamb you might want to change ur travel plans

McLaren is excluded 07-08

The World Motor Sport Council has decided to exclude McLaren-Mercedes from the 2007 and 2008 Formula One world championship.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62312
Old 09-13-2007, 09:03 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Wagon, 08 SSM STI
Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
hmmmm guys,
burndtjamb you might want to change ur travel plans

McLaren is excluded 07-08

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62312
err, this is a joke right? Your link doesn't load and the hearing doesn't appear to be over yet.

Quick Reply: Formula 1 Fans?