Formula 1 Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Originally Posted by glenspen
Now Alonso is threatening to leave McLaren and Ron Dennis says he'll let him!
Best wishes to Alonso.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Yeah, get rid of massa
I'd like to see Webber in a top car, put him in the second Ferrari against Kimi and that would be a line-up to fear...

Then put Sato and Yamamoto in the ferrari garage to wipe up any spilt oil.....just for gods sake keep them away from the cars
Old 08-10-2007, 06:40 PM
VIP Member

Sebastian Bourdais is finally getting a shot at F1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6940058.stm

In the Toro Rosso battle of the Sebastians I think he will be beaten easily by Vettel..time will tell.

It makes me **** that RedBull spent all those millions in their driver search and now their last 'hot prospect' has been canned. I wish I'd thought of RedBull, that company has a crap load of money.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Sebastian Bourdais is finally getting a shot at F1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6940058.stm

In the Toro Rosso battle of the Sebastians I think he will be beaten easily by Vettel..time will tell.

It makes me **** that RedBull spent all those millions in their driver search and now their last 'hot prospect' has been canned. I wish I'd thought of RedBull, that company has a crap load of money.
Instead we drink red bull and produce a crap load of pee

Soon enough Coultard, Webber, Fisicella, Rubens, Button, Sato and maybe others will be gone. Probably like 09/2010...

We have kids like Senna, Maldonado, Glock, Zubens, Piquet etc. coming into to F1 in those years. It's going to be a crazy line up of YOUNG guns.

-Gagan
Old 08-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Old School

I think in a few weeks I'll start round specific threads and keep this one for F1:OT. Keep things better organized.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

We have kids like Senna, Maldonado, Glock, Zubens, Piquet etc. coming into to F1 in those years. It's going to be a crazy line up of YOUNG guns.

-Gagan
Yes it will bealso be nice to see more of the old school names back in F1.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 AM
VIP Member

There is only one Senna in a lifetime....one Fangio, one Senna, one Stewart, one Brabham, one Piquet one Prost, our generation had Schumi, next comes Hamilton!!!!!

It still makes me laugh that Schumi couldn't beat Senna's pole position % record...Senna put that car on pole a remarkable ratio of starts...he was the Qualifying master...3 laps to register the fastest lap...a bit like AutoX LOL
Old 08-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Old School

There is only one Senna in a lifetime....one Fangio, one Senna, one Stewart, one Brabham, one Piquet one Prost, our generation had Schumi, next comes Hamilton!!!!!

It still makes me laugh that Schumi couldn't beat Senna's pole position % record...Senna put that car on pole a remarkable ratio of starts...he was the Qualifying master...3 laps to register the fastest lap...a bit like AutoX LOL
YUP, a lot like AutoX!

Yes, they younger gun are probably not going to be as great as their senior family members, but Damon Hill I think was able to do it quite well.

I feel that Hamilton will be the next great for sure, but I don't think that 3-4 years down the line such success will come so easily cause people like Heiki will be on top teams.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Old School

Day before friday practice, where are you guys??

Go Kimi!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Well, with Scott no longer in the mix....gonna put my money Ralph

And on teh very off chance that he doesn't win, I will say that Ferrari will dominate the race.

Last edited by charlesj; 08-23-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:11 PM

I forgot there was a race this weekend. Too many things going on.
I'm going for my team of course,Maranello boys.
I hope all is well with Glen. I haven't seen him post in a long time nor did he attend the last auto-x.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:14 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Present!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Old School

Alonso feels unrewarded by McLaren
By Pablo Elizalde

World champion Fernando Alonso believes McLaren are not paying him back for his help in moving the team forward this year.

The Spanish driver joined McLaren from Renault, with whom he won two consecutive titles, but the relationship with the British squad has been strained and doubts have been cast over the two-time champion's future in the team, despite his contract running for two more seasons.

The situation took a turn for the worse in Hungary, when Alonso was penalised for impeding teammate Lewis Hamilton in qualifying after the Briton disobeyed team orders.

Although Alonso and the team cleared the air ahead of the Turkish Grand Prix, the Spaniard has admitted he is still not entirely happy with how he is treated.

"That is always very clear in any team, you know, to have equal opportunities to everybody and to have an equal car to your teammate," Alonso said on BBC Radio. "What I think sometimes, and what I asked the team, is that I gave the team a lot.

"When I arrived in December, I remember the car I drove; I remember the results they had in 2006. And now, you know, I brought to the team half a second, six tenths, whatever, and I don't see anything giving me back.

"So that's the only thing."

In 2006, McLaren endured their first win-less season in a decade. This year, the team are leading both championships, with Alonso seven points behind Hamilton.

Alonso himself told reporters during a karting event in Turkey on Thursday that he didn't know if he would be at the team next season.

Spanish media speculated this week that Alonso could even take a sabbatical next season if he is unable to find a competitive drive outside of McLaren.

Soooooo, ALONSO thinks he is the sole reason the the McLaren team is where it is today... Highly unlikely, but ok...
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Thumbs down

I figured he was one of those with a big head.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Old School

Kimi had pole, then Lewis snatched it (which is cool with me) but then massa snatched it away for good buy .088 from lewis.

Massa... I hope he has reliability issues, and alonso as well...

Quick Reply: Formula 1 Fans?