any of you familiar with an SCCA PDE???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 05:45 AM
TRM

Talking any of you familiar with an SCCA PDE???

any of you familiar with an SCCA PDE???

anyone here ever participate in one.

there's one coming up in my area and it indicates you get a fairly decent amount of track time. they run 1 novice group and 2 advanced groups with restrictions on cars for each group = more track time.

car rules and safety equipment are by the Time Trial Rules. however, you can run a street legal car with working OE equipment.

but i'm curious as to what track eticate is like and passing rules?

tia.

velozt racing
Old 04-09-2005, 06:34 AM

I've never run with SCCA, have run multiple times with CART i(www.cartct.com) in the northeast. Track manners are common sense: don't start a pass you can't finish within the alotted area. If you're slower, let the fast guy by, don't jam up the track. If you're relying on horsepower to get away, and then have a group of angry bees on your butt thru the twisty parts, get out of the way. Watch the faster guys when they go by, their line might be better, but don't forget to drive your car while your watching. Too many times you see one guy follow another off the track because the lead car makes a mistake, and the 2nd guy is so interested in watching it, he joins right in.